Salt Water Lap Pool Build Cost Estimate

I'd like to get a rough estimate for what it would cost to have a salt water, lap pool built.

The dimensions I have in mind are 25m x 2m x 1.3m.

I really only want the most basic design and features. Quite frankly, I want to build the pool inexpensively, but not to the degree that it ends up costing me more in the long run due to shoddy construction.

If more details are needed to provide an estimate, I'm happy to oblige.

Thanks. smile.png

THaiVisa members might be able to give you some idea as to what they paid for their pools, but to go by their posts, many of them appear to have been scammed in quality or on price, or both; and that's why they post here.

The people to get quotes from are the constructors themselves. There area a couple of pool builders in Chiang Mai but they don't generally enjoy a particularly good reputation among ThaiVisa members. Some of the larger Thai pool firms that are not franchises, who have branches in CM will have a reputation for honesty and quality which they are eager to preserve. There doesn't seem to be any genuine pool firms in Chiang Rai so CM will probably be your nearest bet.

Whether you want a complicated luxury pool or a standard, no-frills object, if you want the kind of quality that will avoid you having to call another pool firm to come out and do repairs after 12 (or in some cases, only 6) months, then that quality has its price, comes with a guarantee, and is backed by a well established constructor and not an individual local franchise who is answerable only to itself and its clients. FWIW, only 2 weeks ago I was asked advice by a pool owner not far from me why his franchise pool builder insisted that nowadays pools don't need filters if they have an expensive ion-exchange water softener which they sold him and whichi n fact he didn't need and of which the same model was available in Home Pro (500 m away) at only half the price

Expect to pay up to about 1.2 mio for a standard fully tiled concrete overflow pool, that size or a little less for a skimmer pool. Any more, and the firm is just being greedy; any significantly lower price will often mean that the 'builder' doesn't know his job, or is skimping on the engineering and construction materials, or is using cheap no-name no guarantee pumps, filters and accessories,, or won't be around later when you require him to fix the mess he's made.

• 1 year later...

Quite possible to stay on a budget with that size and considering that you are leaning towards a basic design. Same here, I would certainly opt to invest in high-quality equipment than spending on an elaborate pool design. I do suggest contacting Pool Master ThailandPoolShop for calculations and pricing so you could have an idea. It's a good company and is also affiliated with Isaan Pools, the pool builder of most hotels in Bangkok. I strongly suggest that you choose an established company to avoid the huge costs and the inconvenience from a poorly-constructed pool. 

• 11 months later...

From what I hear, IssaanPools (which is the same owner as the  Pool Master pool shop) build good quality pools, but I would be cautious of the claim that they build most of the hotel pools in Bangkok. As I mentioned in my post above nearly 2 years ago, high prices are not always a barometer for high quality - although expensive pools can certainly be expected to be of high quality, a less expensive pool does not necessarily mean lower quality. Always shop around, talk to the people, meet them and decide who comes across as a serious constructor.

Work on 14 to 18 K per sq/m. Basic build is about the same (Some will skimp in this area)  Surface finish & equipment is where the costs vary. I have made bread & butter out of renovating old pools in Thailand for the last 15 yrs. Some only 1 yr old.  

18K per m2 at an average depth of 1.2m (calculating for the slope from the shallow to the deep end) is probably the lowest available for a basic quality, skimmer pool built by a bona fidae, well established registered limited company with full commercial premises, overheads, declared employees and profit, turnover, and VAT taxes to pay. This should include quality pumps, filters, and other technical equipment from a recognised manufacturer with decent guarantee and customer/product support in  Thailand (this will however preclude many  of the brands that abound in Thailand).  A purpose built walk-in pump house would usually be included in the price. Some tiles, especially the cracked glaze 'Antique'-style tiles that are currently all the rage, will add significantly to the price. Overflow pools will cost more.

Work on 14 to 18 K per sq/m. Basic build is about the same (Some will skimp in this area)  Surface finish & equipment is where the costs vary. I have made bread & butter out of renovating old pools in Thailand for the last 15 yrs. Some only 1 yr old.  

Overflow pools add 10%

Archived