Bulk used clothing

I am looking for ideas for where to buy bulk used children clothing.

Is there anywhere in Thailand that sells by the Kg or sell by the bale?

It would be for children 0-12 years old.

And also the intention is for non profit.

Buying container loads is outside my pocket range, but a few bales from time to time is manageable.

Thanks

If your motives are indeed altruistic, then consider that used clothing "by the bale" caused the total destruction of the garment industry's in Kenya, Tanzania and several other African countries resulting in tens of thousands of lost jobs.

Try 'Happyland" Bangkok, not sure if you can buy bulk but, if it is not for profit, the clothes there are from 5 baht upwards

I'll be in bangkok tomorrow, I'll go have a look at happyland.

Where is happyland? I'm not familiar with it.

Have a look at the border market in Aranyapratet (near Sa Kaeo). Lots of stalls selling 'by the kilo'.

Aranyapratet looks good, next time I am down that way I'll stop be and look around. Looks like a really big market.

If your motives are indeed altruistic, then consider that used clothing "by the bale" caused the total destruction of the garment industry's in Kenya, Tanzania and several other African countries resulting in tens of thousands of lost jobs.

Sorry, I don't know much about the African garment industry.

Tens of thousands of jobs doesn't sound like much with a population over one billion.

is there a place where you can buy mens shirts and t-shirts by weight ?

do they size them as XL is probably te largest you want , I guess you could cut down the XXL and 3X ones

I did see a show of the used clothing selling in Africa , amazing how big a business it is !

Try 'Happyland" Bangkok, not sure if you can buy bulk but, if it is not for profit, the clothes there are from 5 baht upwards

I'll be in bangkok tomorrow, I'll go have a look at happyland.

Where is happyland? I'm not familiar with it.

Happyland - It's a bit out of the way. It is opposite The Mall Bangkapi, 3522 Larprao Rd. Klongchan.

Near Srinakarin Road, Ramkhanhaeng end.

Taxi drivers know the place.

You can also take River Taxi or bus.

There is a sky bridge linking The Mall and Happyland.

Happyland has 2 floors.

I have found some good bargins there, even a lightweight winter coat 69 baht - new - which was good enough for UK visit.

A lot of womens clothes compared to mens, childrens too. Second hand shoes if you are in to that. Some big Winter coats

Sent things back to my daughters, they like because styles are Korean, Thai, etc.

End of range stock - new, second hand, etc.

Check condition before buying as no refunds.

Good hunting.

Archived