BANGKOK 23 March 2019 01:18

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sly4all

Varee - International school

34 minutes ago, junglechef said:

And the tuition is less 

No difference for my boys

8 hours ago, junglechef said:

I moved three of my kids to Varee from ABS and found somethings I prefer and other's I don't. For English, especially necessary as two of my boys are Thai, ABS seemed to be better (my third in Kinder is krung and Varee only has Thai program). Both schools lack safety which is not surprising here as well as profit seems to be put above the children's needs, education and otherwise, again not surprising. I agree the quality of the education is the most important but it's very hard for me to compare and even judge besides daily English speaking. One thing that I believe is important is how the teachers are treated and Varee seems to do a better job but this also can make them more loyal to their employer then their students. 

Are you saying Varee only has a Thai Kinder? If so, this is incorrect. Varee has an International Kinder starting at 2 years old, and a Thai Kinder starting at 2 years old.

4 hours ago, iainiain101 said:

Are you saying Varee only has a Thai Kinder? If so, this is incorrect. Varee has an International Kinder starting at 2 years old, and a Thai Kinder starting at 2 years old.

Before they opened the international school which wasn't long ago about 2 years or less maybe, there was only Thai for nursery at Varee. We know as it was one of the reasons why we moved to ABS as English wasn't an option they didn't offer a bilingual programme unlike older years. 

22 hours ago, iainiain101 said:

Thanks for the correction as I was thinking only how my son went from ABS bilingual Kinder to Varee Thai as they didn't have an bilingual option. My apologies for the misinformation.