Two men charged with attempted murder as Belgian slashed trying to help Thai woman

webfact

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Holy Bible has the answer to every problem that one will ever face in his/her life, and the short Book of Proverbs is loaded with God's wisdom for everyday living. If a man/woman would only take just one half day out of their lives to put that knowledge in their head, they will save themselves a lifetime of grief and strife. Example for this case:

Proverbs 26:17 says: Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears.

Moronic. Hitchens, Google, learn.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen it happen a few times. And every time I walked away in guilt and shame. But what could I do... as a farang making those men lose that much face, I could possibly even die getting involved in such a scenario.

Sad, but true. And i suspect that if you're handy with your fists, and hurt the husband, you'll have the wife at you with a steel bar. This isn't just a Thai story, it applies anywhere in the world.

Not sure about the "wife with steel bar" part in most other parts of the world.

And your point is? My point was that if you attack the husband you might find that the wife on whose behalf you are intervening turns on you and joins in the attack. It happens everywhere in the world.

I've seen it happen a few times. And every time I walked away in guilt and shame. But what could I do... as a farang making those men lose that much face, I could possibly even die getting involved in such a scenario.

Your honesty does you credit, mesterm. Especially on this Forum where the Saviors Brigade never misses a chance to explain how they would have used their amazing martial arts skills to crush the guy, save the damsel, and ridden away towards the sunset on their white horse.

Sad, but true. And i suspect that if you're handy with your fists, and hurt the husband, you'll have the wife at you with a steel bar. This isn't just a Thai story, it applies anywhere in the world.

Not sure about the "wife with steel bar" part in most other parts of the world.

And your point is? My point was that if you attack the husband you might find that the wife on whose behalf you are intervening turns on you and joins in the attack. It happens everywhere in the world.

Yes I agree. I'm not interesting in Thai bashing, well at least not on this thread :)

Interesting when viewed in the light of the Thai guy/student/group (I forget but it was seen on TV) who staged a "social experiment" with just this scenario to highlight the way "domestic" violence is ignored. As I remember only one (farang) actually intervened then.

What an idiot to intervene.

Hey, the man is a tourist and does not know about all the shit happening here. Kudos to him.

He is a diving instructor. I doubt he doesn't know whats going on in los...

Interesting when viewed in the light of the Thai guy/student/group (I forget but it was seen on TV) who staged a "social experiment" with just this scenario to highlight the way "domestic" violence is ignored. As I remember only one (farang) actually intervened then.

Saw this as well.

Interesting comments by all.. in the end... understand the culture you live it.. western knighthood does not ride right in LOS. WE shall never know.

OK now.. we can all stroke our mighty chins and bow..whistling.gif all been said, nothing done..clap2.gif

I ran from my rented room in Patong once a decade+ ago, to help a dog who was strong beaten, as I heard,

I followed the screams did not know, who I will confront and found in a nearby house a deaf Thai hitting the dog with a wood piece, for eating his lunch? eggs.

At least the beating stopped! And he did not hit me. rolleyes.gif

In the small Isaan village, where I live, the older Thai neighbor near my Gf's mother home liked to get drunk together with his younger wife day by day often getting then in an argument with her.

He knows me and we had spoken some words before, sometimes.

My Gf's family had given up to intervene but when I was once there a witness and he started to beat her and their young children, 6, a boy and 9, a girl begged him, as it was translated to me, not to hit the mother, I rolled my heavy body there and shouted at him in a "nice" tirade in Thai-English, it worked too, he stopped and without negative outcome for me.

The wife in trouble thanked me the next day.

He got more quiet after that incident and since then, his liver gave up and he died. whistling.gif

In Australia women have a higher chance of being killed by their partners than anyone else - about 1 per week.

Given the number of members here who wouldn't intervene in a "domestic" I'm not surprised.

I don't care under what circumstances-men don't have a right to hit women & I'm just dead against pretending you didn't see anything & ignoring it. It was just that sort of gutless attitude by people who knew that enabled my father to get away with it for so long & has framed my dislike of those without balls

The two times in my life I have been a witness & stepped in the cowards have slunk away like dogs.

Admirable, but getting in the mix between Thai man and wife is a BIG no no. Glad he's pulling through. Lucky to be alive.

As I had a discussion today with a Thai main living in America ( or North America ) , he jumped me on my post about the Brit family " Thailands finest ) and I got quite a reaction ( FACE ?) I don't know but I gracefully explained to him ( apology ) that I wasn't stereo typing ALL Thai men but this crap is rampant. They don't even respect their own. This stuff is way over the top. You say stay out of it? Is that what you would do back home? Let abuse happen and walk away. MY MY what a gallant lad you are. I would rather take a shiv than walk away. These guys need some strong supervision. Spoiled brats. Have you ever been dressed down? I have and have sucked it up like a man. Evidently they are still adult children and need to be segragated from the rest of the sane society. Not trying to change the world , just doing/feeling what is ethical. There are no excuses for this kind of crap. Have at it boys. I know it's coming and I know you are in the category as the subject matter. Cheers. have a nice limp one.

Well, That's the issue here, what is exactly is "sane society"? Whatever way the indigenous engage with each other is their business. Your "ethics" should be restricted to the country of which you are a citizen, (and are a Passport holder of), because in the end, societies function under their own rules. Unless of course you fancy some moronic well intentioned foreigner coming to your country and pushing you around, robing you of your rights. Maybe the foreigner will be in possession of the Koran, and he can try to make you and yours adhere to that!

In Australia women have a higher chance of being killed by their partners than anyone else - about 1 per week.

Given the number of members here who wouldn't intervene in a "domestic" I'm not surprised.

I don't care under what circumstances-men don't have a right to hit women & I'm just dead against pretending you didn't see anything & ignoring it. It was just that sort of gutless attitude by people who knew that enabled my father to get away with it for so long & has framed my dislike of those without balls

The two times in my life I have been a witness & stepped in the cowards have slunk away like dogs.

It's not about balls. It's about brains. Mechanically disrupting the leveling mechanisms in third world societies will always have dire consequences. You will invariably do more harm than good. If you want to affect change towards the direction of our western imperative, then spend your time re-vamping the entire country, from Education to legislation, and the necessary tax base that will result in Police enforcement and most importantly, a cognitive paradigm among the indigenous that is more on par with what we in the west consider to be civil society.

Any idiot can throw a punch. It doesn't require balls. Rather the contrary, it illustrates impotence. What good are balls if you can't get them to shoot something that will give birth to a new and permanent change? Temporary solutions, (well intentioned as they may be) rarely change anything.

Always your Emissary,

Uncle Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Archived