Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

eman.jpg
Image: Thairath

PRACHINBURI:-- An English businessman put down a five million baht dowry as he married his Thai boyfriend in a traditional ceremony in Prachinburi on Sunday.

Carl Eden, 35, and his sweetheart Chaiwararit Witaworn or Tony, 29, were married at the latter's home in the Meuang Kaw area of the north eastern town, reports Thairath.

Love blossomed for the happy couple on Facebook and after a Bangkok meeting they decided to tie the knot.

The ceremony had all the trappings of a traditional Thai wedding on Sunday morning with the dowry laid out for the fifty guests to admire. There was gold, cash, a car, house and land all coming to more than five million baht in value paid by the Englishman for his Thai partner's hand.

And in the evening 500 guests enjoyed a Chinese style feast at a local hotel.

Tony, an ex-factory employee, said: "We met on Facebook then Carl came to Bangkok. We talked continually for over a year and then decided to marry."

He spoke of the couple's joy at being able to marry and said that people of all ages and sexes should be able to get married and enjoy a happy life together without restrictions.

Tony added that they are planning to go to England where his new husband has a flower shop, convenience store and apartment rental business.

And as Carl posed with the in-laws he said: "I love you very much Tony. This is a great opportunity for us. And I am very happy to be here in Thailand and be with this family."

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-09

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There was gold, cash, a car, house and land all coming to more than five million baht in value paid by the Englishman for his Thai partner's hand."

The base of a happy ? marriage... Suhtoopid farang. ?

So same sex marriages are allowed in Thailand???

It was a Thai traditional wedding. I guess you could marry your pet buffalo if she was cute enough.

So 5 millions Bahts, this huge insult to taste and they are not even properly married ?

It was a Thai traditional wedding. I guess you could marry your pet buffalo if she was cute enough.

By that do you mean a temple wedding? If so it isn't legally recognised in Thailand.

They'll need to get to the UK to be able to have a legal same-sex marriage.

So 5 millions Bahts, this huge insult to taste and they are not even properly married ?

Happily married in Thailand with a show for all the friends and family etc. Then Carl whips Tony off to mother England where same sex marriages are legal and they marry and live happily ever after.

Carl has some businesses where I'm sure Tony will be involved. I doubt he'll spend much time in the kitchen.

Come on some lonely rich guy giving 5 million THB to aThai family to marry. They met once talked over a year seriously we know what this is about and who will get hurt. Yes I am gay and guys who do that are just plane dumb no matter if they are doing it for girls or other guys.

It sounds like the Sin Sod payment for an Isaan girl has now been raised.

I doubt that. It's because because Carl thinks Tony is cute. The ladies come at lower rates. You gets what you pay for.

By that do you mean a temple wedding? If so it isn't legally recognised in Thailand.

They'll need to get to the UK to be able to have a legal same-sex marriage.

And spend more millions

And buy more pink thrillies

Archived