Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

It's likely that once they are back to England, the Thai family "will become very sick" and "will incur some huge hospital bills".

I hope I am wrong for the Englishman's sake.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see that picture coming...

Steve Jobs would have only given 5 baht....

Money is nothing compared to LOVE!!!!!

Once I gave away 100 billion baht.......and our love was strong!!!!

for 11 minutes

The guy obviously had the money to do it and seems happy with his choice. I am guessing this isn't a lot of money to him. Seems they are going to live in England so the guy basically set the family up for life if they use the money wisely. I have heard of worse things to do before.

The guy obviously had the money to do it and seems happy with his choice. I am guessing this isn't a lot of money to him. Seems they are going to live in England so the guy basically set the family up for life if they use the money wisely. I have heard of worse things to do before.

Set up the family for life? Lol. Right.

Big mistake to get them used to these sort of numbers.

It will turn into a never ending milking.

Here now is the danger..

Farangs are already getting duped with paying high sin sod to families, even if the girl is a sex worker. Already, the news is on the streets, and even the girls who do not look for gullible men in a bar are thinking that they should get the same amount.....especially since this was a "same sex marriage".

Imagine the increase in scamming.

So same sex marriages are allowed in Thailand???

It was a Thai traditional wedding. I guess you could marry your pet buffalo if she was cute enough.

By that do you mean a temple wedding? If so it isn't legally recognised in Thailand.

They'll need to get to the UK to be able to have a legal same-sex marriage.

so there is no brother in this eh,but what about the BF'S SISTER.giggle.gifshock1.gif

Here now is the danger..

Farangs are already getting duped with paying high sin sod to families, even if the girl is a sex worker. Already, the news is on the streets, and even the girls who do not look for gullible men in a bar are thinking that they should get the same amount.....especially since this was a "same sex marriage".

Here are 2 links that may help explain the confusion over Sin Sod.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thai-dowry.php

http://marrythailand.com/thailand-dowry.php

Here now is the danger..

What a lot of Farang don't realize is that if a person has been previously married, then sin sod is not applicable.... Save yourself a fortune and marry a divorcee, that what I say...tongue.png

It's likely that once they are back to England, the Thai family "will become very sick" and "will incur some huge hospital bills".

I hope I am wrong for the Englishman's sake.

If lipodude continues to be so generous I think the family will soon OWN a hospital. I dont get these people. I am so glad I'm not receptive to Thai "love" and happy with western partner who is equal to me and costs me nothing but respect and friendship. The Thai system is parasitical to the bone. ?

By that do you mean a temple wedding? If so it isn't legally recognised in Thailand.

They'll need to get to the UK to be able to have a legal same-sex marriage.

Yes gay marriage is legalised , & for those of you confused about the idea, it's just like normal marriage but with fewer arguments about who left the toilet seat up..............................coffee1.gif

I really cannot understand why pay someone to get married. For me it is à tradition of old ages . It is like buying someone. Unbearable

Welcome to Asia. (Or have you left the shores of your country yet?)

post-108400-14627671699914_thumb.jpg

Here are 2 links that may help explain the confusion over Sin Sod.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thai-dowry.php

http://marrythailand.com/thailand-dowry.php

From the first link:

"Thai dowry prices fall drastically if your bride-to-be has been previously married, already has children, or is not a virgin anymore.

A way to reduce your dowry in the future :)

no problem with homosexuals, but i don't want to think about the mechanics of it.

I think you just did 555...
Such stereotypical (and really a bit ignorant) comments.

You'd be amazed at how many male homosexuals equally dislike "the mechanics" I suspect you are imagining.

Google g0ys (spelled with a zero).

Fair enough and good luck to them... but where does the conversation start with 'you put down 5 million for my hand'? Dowry is so 20th century!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing of course, but I suspect Thai Tony is a middle class, highly educated virgin ... and Carl's done his homework regarding the going rate for a prize asset.

But seriously, Carl has acted in haste. But he does have one thing going for him, he's not an easy lad to lift over a balcony.

I wish them a long and happy life together.

On the matter of the dowry, I was wondering what the etiquette is for same sex marriages? Is it the richest to the poorest, or the foreigner to the Thai, or do you come to a decision between the partners?

This link may help if you're interested and still wondering,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/119181-sin-sod-for-gays-mate-price/page-2

I wish them a long and happy life together.

On the matter of the dowry, I was wondering what the etiquette is for same sex marriages? Is it the richest to the poorest, or the foreigner to the Thai, or do you come to a decision between the partners?

When farang is involved its the farang who pays the privilege of marrying a Thai. When a farang woman marries a Thai I'm sure she's also charged in some way. Unless she goes hiso...

Set up the family for life? Lol. Right.

Big mistake to get them used to these sort of numbers.

It will turn into a never ending milking.

Maybe not if he is smart enough to go to England. Most the people getting milked build a house next door.

Archived