Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish them a long and happy life together.

On the matter of the dowry, I was wondering what the etiquette is for same sex marriages? Is it the richest to the poorest, or the foreigner to the Thai, or do you come to a decision between the partners?

I'm on the same page and wish them the same.

When I saw this thread I thought it was going to become messy, quick - but regardless of all the side-eyeing, still a very interesting story.

Best wishes to them both.

Since Sin Sod/dowry is traditionally paid to the Thai female I guess that means the Englishman is playing the husband role and the Thai man the wife role.

Would have been a cheaper wedding to have reversed that role-playing but I'm a'guessing the Thai insisted on playing the wife role.

Since Sin Sod/dowry is traditionally paid to the Thai female I guess that means the Englishman is playing the husband role and the Thai man the wife role.

Would have been a cheaper wedding to have reversed that role-playing but I'm a'guessing the Thai insisted on playing the wife role.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think the technical term is "sin sodomy".

By that do you mean a temple wedding? If so it isn't legally recognised in Thailand.

They'll need to get to the UK to be able to have a legal same-sex marriage.

Yes gay marriage is legalised , & for those of you confused about the idea, it's just like normal marriage but with fewer arguments about who left the toilet seat up..............................coffee1.gif

... but on the other hand with more arguments about being top or bottom giggle.gif

In our village a ladyboy is negotiating with several farangs and one Japanese guy a possible marriage. All is done via the Internet and every sucker sends 30-50,000 Baht each month to the 19 year old ladyboy and the sponsorship has been going on for the last 1 year.

His dad must be so proud to see his boy finally found love.

I'm sure they will have a happy and long lasting relationship.

Most of us cannot understand the full proportions of this story clap2.gifcheesy.gif

mSQWlZdCq5b6ZLkvOtb8uIz4zXBBeMvJ.jpg

How much do you guys reckon out of interest a 500 people ceremony costs in rural Thailand.

Cause apparently that is coming out of the dowry.

Say it's 1,000 a head, that's half a million. Still a long way to go to 5 million. But it should be more like 500 baht a head realistically, no?

no problem with homosexuals, but i don't want to think about the mechanics of it.

I think you just did 555...
Such stereotypical (and really a bit ignorant) comments.

You'd be amazed at how many male homosexuals equally dislike "the mechanics" I suspect you are imagining.

Google g0ys (spelled with a zero).

g0ys, well, no playing in the clay pit, that was all i was brave to read.

each to their own choice, as long as consenting adults.

what they do in the bedroom i don't want to know.

If sin sot is paid in a same-sex marriage, shouldn't both guys pay?

I don't get why only Carl paid.

Is it because he is a foreigner, richer, bigger, older, or the sexually dominant partner?

Would a Thai guy who was any-of-the-above ever pay a foreign guy sin sot?

I don't think so.

no problem with homosexuals, but i don't want to think about the mechanics of it.

I think you just did 555...
Such stereotypical (and really a bit ignorant) comments.

You'd be amazed at how many male homosexuals equally dislike "the mechanics" I suspect you are imagining.

Google g0ys (spelled with a zero).

g0ys, well, no playing in the clay pit, that was all i was brave to read.

each to their own choice, as long as consenting adults.

what they do in the bedroom i don't want to know.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

bought and paid for... and 'only' 5m

I,m thinking of putting my "virgin" ass up for auction gigglem.gif

tart

thought the same, but rememberd my old doctor doing an examination like no other

nice doctor, reckons he only served against the mau mau and in aden, after the exam i said i think he first served in the boer war.

after i said that his reply 'well laddie, a lifetime of shinty,deer stalking and salmon fishing, has made my fingers as suple as steel wool'

how do the a*se followers do it?

I hope they are happy together , just the same as when a man loves a woman.. Good luck to them .

Looks like the English man eats well.

Give him a year in the fields and he'll be look all tight again giggle.gif

Remember Mr Wheeler ?

wheeler-3.jpg

Wow. That Thai guy is off to a great start. I wonder how much of the 5 Million actually gets kept. His parents are probably struggling to understand things a bit.

i reckon tony's dad is bloody happy, he can share some lao khao, with his mates, som pon and lek, and take the p*ss.

they sent off beautiful daughters, only for them to return with drunk erik, crazy sven and cheap barry.

tony returns and takes mum and dad to the garden of eden.

Archived