Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

Wow. That Thai guy is off to a great start. I wonder how much of the 5 Million actually gets kept. His parents are probably struggling to understand things a bit.

i reckon tony's dad is bloody happy, he can share some lao khao, with his mates, som pon and lek, and take the p*ss.

they sent off beautiful daughters, only for them to return with drunk erik, crazy sven and cheap barry.

tony returns and takes mum and dad to the garden of eden.

Tony returns with EDEN !!!

Carl Eden, too good to be true !!!!

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they are happy together , just the same as when a man loves a woman.. Good luck to them .

Looks like the English man eats well.

Give him a year in the fields and he'll be look all tight again giggle.gif

Remember Mr Wheeler ?

wheeler-3.jpg

Yep, that's how we all look up here in Isaan (with the additions of Swendens, KFC and MacDonalds which have already invaded).

I hope they are happy together , just the same as when a man loves a woman.. Good luck to them .

Looks like the English man eats well.

Give him a year in the fields and he'll be look all tight again giggle.gif

Remember Mr Wheeler ?

wheeler-3.jpg

Yep, that's how we all look up here in Isaan (with the additions of Swendens, KFC and MacDonalds which have already invaded).

is he still about?

he loved the life.

if the rot thai na, breaks down, hook up carl, great result, field done and carl getting fit.

Wow. That Thai guy is off to a great start. I wonder how much of the 5 Million actually gets kept. His parents are probably struggling to understand things a bit.

I would imagine zero out of the 5 million.

If they wanted to live in Thailand maybe that would have been a different story, as far as I understand some families return the money to the couple once the wedding is finished.

In this particular case, they are planning to live in the UK, Carl is quite well off (has businesses, properties etc), so he does not really need the 5M baht.

Like other posters, I am really struggling to understand this sin sod thing in the 21st century.

No comment. Whatever floats your boat. True happiness is elusive,

Just one thing. I would like to see a follow up story. Say 12 months from now.

Presently, I get the feeling that the World Gay Lobby is trying to make me believe that Gay Love is somehow stronger and/or better than the Hetero variety. When it could never be any more than equal at best.

So, please let us know how you are getting along in a year's time. One way or the other.

Presently, I get the feeling that the World Gay Lobby is trying to make me believe that Gay Love is somehow stronger and/or better than the Hetero variety. When it could never be any more than equal at best.

So, please let us know how you are getting along in a year's time. One way or the other.

Your feeling is incorrect. Anybody can be taken on a ride in Thailand when it comes to money.

What would possess someone to seek media attention for this? A private matter and running the risk of being lampooned mercilessly. Best wishes to them but one hopes this is the end of their 15 minutes. No baby photos, please.

What would possess someone to seek media attention for this? A private matter and running the risk of being lampooned mercilessly. Best wishes to them but one hopes this is the end of their 15 minutes. No baby photos, please.

i so hope you are right.

maybe not lampoon, but a harpoon would be useful.

So same sex marriages are allowed in Thailand???

It has been proven many times that In the traditional wedding anyone can marry anything for example the baby twins that where married just to keep the evil spirits away from them...

Nothing to do with sexism, but I see the same problems down the line, whether its man-to-man or woman-to-man

thats why i have always come out 100% for gay marriage,why should it only be heterosexuals that feel the pain of divorce ?

Sinsod for a male? And 5m baht! The story has made Thai television so I wonder how many families with gay sons now have baht signs in their eyes?

It will be echoing around the rice fields of isaan.

Come on Somchai, get your bum off the mat and go and find a rich Farang to marry.

This may indeed start a tsunami "coming out".

Thailand, the hub of flexisex.

Good luck and may they have many children.

attachicon.gifpink.jpgrolleyes.gif

I do not think they will have any children, but they will have a good time trying.

you bustard

i had just u tubed, conned the mrs in trying to cook that great english dinner, 'toad in the hole'

not now, it is pad thai and chips now.

no problem with homosexuals, but i don't want to think about the mechanics of it.

best wishes to man and man

So stop thinking about it then.

nope, love the p*ss take and a laugh, i am off now to pattaya news.

To put all your concerns and frets to rest, I think that their relationship is Platonic.

post-108400-14627831932006_thumb.jpg

So many nasty jokes can be generated on this subject, but will not go there, give them their happiness

and the benefits of doubts.....

Thats the sad thing about this forum, its filled with bitter foreigners..

Good luck and may they have many children.

attachicon.gifpink.jpgrolleyes.gif

I do not think they will have any children, but they will have a good time trying.

you bustard

i had just u tubed, conned the mrs in trying to cook that great english dinner, 'toad in the hole'

not now, it is pad thai and chips now.

Have some Spotted Dick for desert.

Has anyone told the happy couple that there's a new sheriff in London town and his religious order doesn't like same sex couples or allow marriages of same sex couples...now what folks?

Cute Thai Guy...Desperate looking Englishman.

Are there any other type of Englishmen? Whats this dude doing here in Thailand again? Oh, yea, Facebook love....nothing stronger or more costly apparently...this kids sinsod will set the bar very high for future same sex marriages...a mere hetero marriage in the same village was less than 30,000 baht no gold and one used buffalo the previous week.

Has anyone told the happy couple that there's a new sheriff in London town and his religious order doesn't like same sex couples or allow marriages of same sex couples...now what folks?

As it happened the new sheriff as u call him voted in favour of same sex marriage legislation.....

And whatever any religions say, the law in the UK-thank goodness- allows such marriages.

Archived