Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

Has anyone told the happy couple that there's a new sheriff in London town and his religious order doesn't like same sex couples or allow marriages of same sex couples...now what folks?

You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the policies of the new mayor of London.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony, an ex-factory employee...added that they are planning to go to England where his new husband has a flower shop, convenience store and apartment rental business.

did Tony add "of course these businesses, which I have just laid out, have NO bearing on my love for my sweetheart" missing the factory already eh?

yes, I know I'm cynical, but...

That is a rather large dowry for one chocolate star. I hope it all fits. Spending money at that rate these guys will be "packing dates" by Christmas.

That aside. Best of luck to the happy couple.

So many nasty jokes can be generated on this subject, but will not go there, give them their happiness

and the benefits of doubts.....

Thats the sad thing about this forum, its filled with bitter foreigners..

I do agree but this OP is sooooo evident to joke about even for a non-bitter but sceptic like myself. Why would someone want to be in the press as "the gay guy who paid 5mil thb for his husband". What's next? Pictures of their honeymoon, the Thai soaping the Blub and cutting his toenails? Common. All non-homophobic, non-hatred comments are fun and fun is good for the bitter!

Here now is the danger..

Farangs are already getting duped with paying high sin sod to families, even if the girl is a sex worker. Already, the news is on the streets, and even the girls who do not look for gullible men in a bar are thinking that they should get the same amount.....especially since this was a "same sex marriage".

Imagine the increase in scamming.

This sends out the wrong kind of messages to Thais all round. I know like me there are many of us living on fixed budgets, comfortable but nowhere even close to being rich. This projects the image that all Farlangs have unlimited resources of money, the last of the big spenders, that give Thais a totally wrong impression of us, an image that as regarding myself I don`t like because it`s simply not true.

bought and paid for... and 'only' 5m

I,m thinking of putting my "virgin" ass up for auction gigglem.gif

tart

thought the same, but rememberd my old doctor doing an examination like no other

nice doctor, reckons he only served against the mau mau and in aden, after the exam i said i think he first served in the boer war.

after i said that his reply 'well laddie, a lifetime of shinty,deer stalking and salmon fishing, has made my fingers as suple as steel wool'

how do the a*se followers do it?

your post reminds me of an hilarious 6 minutes of Billy Connolly talking about his doctor examining his prostratelaugh.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRhq8FSAuPA

Strangely enough- it could all work out just fine.

But in the end- and I don't mean this facetiously, the Sin Sot is based on a calculable sum.

By disrupting the leveling mechanisms of a society- you are screwing it, and you!...and of course all of the people that would venture into this realm iin the future.

Uncle Bob

Do you think this will end badly?

a possible scenario: tony goes to uk, gets married there, postpones all sexual activity for "thainess" (buddhism, superstition, whatever) reasons and Eden understands (being too busy with work anyway), once uk nationality tony does a runner, goes back to his gf in LOS and enjoys the rest of his life / car / gold / land without wearing weird long white sox .... cheesy.gifclap2.gif

5 miilion baht? I thought the Brits had more sense with money.

In his place, I wouldn't be living more than two flights up in a condo.

I dunno, his Thai 'husband' would have to be pretty strong to throw that lump over the balcony.

Sinsod for a male? And 5m baht! The story has made Thai television so I wonder how many families with gay sons now have baht signs in their eyes?

i think the sons dont even need to be gay. their families will apply the same pressure on them as the families of girls that must go and have sex with land whales. money is the name of the game not morality. not talking about LBGT either but worship of money.

the bottom line is the englishman that paid 5 million baht wasn't about to get a date with george michael or i'd say even elton john(both of which i have great respect for) for that matter. so they look to thailand where almost anyone of any size, shape, description, character or lack thereof can be placed with a significant other for a significant amount of money.

the englishman could have changed his lifestyle about health, food intake, exercise slimmed and trimmed and found a more socio-economically compatible counterpart.

Where do the sick water buffalo come into the picture?

He's the one on the left.

Apologies, I couldn't resist ... this article is comedy gold. I wouldn't be surprised to see this on UK news. Tony won the lottery landing a big fish like Kurt, but he failed to tick the 'no publicity' box.

Don't say much for what is available in England for this relatively young and likely rich farang to pay so must money and travel to the other side of the world to get a bit of nookie......

This guy has set the bar rather high...for the price of love, lust, and sex...

One has to wonder...how many massages 5 million baht would buy over the years...

the world is changing and so are values.

we have been taught not to judge.

whatever our personal feelings are about this marriage

we have no right to judge the action of two individuals who feel they need

each other.

hope their desires are fulfilled.

So same sex marriages are allowed in Thailand???

It was a Thai traditional wedding. I guess you could marry your pet buffalo if she was cute enough.

So 5 millions Bahts, this huge insult to taste and they are not even properly married ?

Happily married in Thailand with a show for all the friends and family etc. Then Carl whips Tony off to mother England where same sex marriages are legal and they marry and live happily ever after.

Carl has some businesses where I'm sure Tony will be involved. I doubt he'll spend much time in the kitchen.

The coach of Carl's rugby team will now better understand why Carl was so keen in playing 2nd Row and why he shrieked with delight whenever the referee called for a scrum !

Archived