Englishman pays five million baht dowry as he marries Thai man he met on Facebook

webfact

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a beautiful couple, lovely to see them tie the knot.

Which one is the bride?

Smitten or Smite? Who knows, time will tell, they do look kind of cute if a little bit fat and gay. Who am I to judge, but it really does not seem right does it, I mean you cannot get much more of a "Mixed Marriage" than this except as one poster said, if they married a buffalo. Saying that, the guy on the left is almost the right size, just needs a ring through his nose and a few months hard work in the rice paddy.

Most jokes aside,this guy is getting tea bagged. Dudes can get a bride price? He really got it in the eye to be so blind that he paid for the "bride" Is England the same as US where the father of the bride pays for the wedding? I'm confused now who's the girl?!?!

"There was gold, cash, a car, house and land all coming to more than five million baht in value paid by the Englishman for his Thai partner's hand."

The base of a happy ? marriage... Suhtoopid farang. ?

Hand?

Not sure why this is news. Anyone from the UK that has not saved £100,000 by this age has serious problems

Yeah right, plenty of UK dudes spending £100.000 on a Thai guy's "hand" after having met on FB. That is news.

UK people getting drunk and being beaten up after mummy hit a Thai is imo LESS news.............. coffee1.gif

Do you think this will end badly?

a possible scenario: tony goes to uk, gets married there, postpones all sexual activity for "thainess" (buddhism, superstition, whatever) reasons and Eden understands (being too busy with work anyway), once uk nationality tony does a runner, goes back to his gf in LOS and enjoys the rest of his life / car / gold / land without wearing weird long white sox .... cheesy.gifclap2.gif

If Carl forked 5 million without a drive test, that would indeed make him very naive :)

PS: Sorry, can't help it.

Human trafficing is prominent in Thailand. It's a business.

Come on, don't twist it now comparing it to people being duped to go abroad and promised jobs that don't exist.

We had enough of "human trafficking" comments on the Carmen thread.

I am totally appalled at the very nasty comments made by so many ! - There are so many callous people around, with the brain of a flea, obviously. Is it not possible to just let these two people in peace and leave them some dignity ? ? ? IF you don't like this kind of union between 2 men, why just not simply refrain from making horrible comments ?

Myself; I am not gay, but I do know a lot of chaps who are and I believe that when two souls come together, somehow, the rest of us should respect their decisions, period ! ! !

I, for one, wish these guys a long, happy & healthy life together: good on them ! ! !

wai.gif

If Carl had of taken his time (along with his 5M) and shopped about I'm sure he could have found a better deal which would have given him more bang for his buck.

Maybe a two for one sale somewhere.

I hope there is a legal contract which gives him his money back when they break up!

Mmm not really. But there are laws in the UK stating Tony is entitled to half of Carl's assets in case of a divorce?

I, for one, wish these guys a long, happy & healthy life together: good on them ! ! !

Oh me too. I love "love" in people; straight, gay, bi, old, young, woman, man, etc. I just don't like the 5.000.000thb bill farce shown in the article as once again it ridiculises the (idiotic) farang. And please don't give me the "it's all just symbolical" crap. Why on earth would a guy pay sinsot for a guy ? All together: TIT! The farang is not part of the planet known as Thailand and hence he can be treated whatever suits the Thai. I only see farangs bending to the (absurd) customs of Thai. Why? "Oh, but their culture is more traditional then ours!" So what, they wanna intermix with farangs then it's 50/50 and not 1/99! Even the thais I occasionally meet back home expect me to threat them the Thai way cuz they know I have been around here longtime. Nocando. It's that very mentality, thinking the world orbits around Thailand that will eventually put this country far behind eg. burma (where i have lived for several years). 5% of the country here is aware of that, the others just dream on...

Archived