From Phuket to Pattaya with a problematic engine (Vios)

Hello! Now I am at Phuket and I have some problem with my vios. When I start driving and stop after a few minutes then the engine shaking my car. But latter, after maybe five minutes everything is ok. I was in Toyota center and they told the engine has a problem in one cylinder. They don’t know more detail. For to know more detail need more analyze and repair. They told if start analyze then they will repair. It can take about one month and it is expansive. I would like to come back to Pattaya and repair my vios there. But it is about 1000 km from Phuket. So, what do you think, to try go to Pattaya or do it at Phuket?

Here's my take on what the problem may be which is a bit more than the Phuket Toyota dealer could provide tongue.png plug lead or coil pack for that cylinder or even just the spark plug , drive it back to Pattaya and get it fixed staying well clear of Toyota dealerswink.png or just buy a new carw00t.gif

- Try to go - might stop - insurance should pay for tow truck

Im not sure, not first class insurance. That is only 3+ class insurance.

- Repair - fly back home - pick up the car later

They will count extra money for parking?

- Sell the car - buy a new one (my choice)

I will think about it. Could someone recommend the shop at Phuket for sell my car?

Here's my take on what the problem may be which is a bit more than the Phuket Toyota dealer could provide tongue.png plug lead or coil pack for that cylinder or even just the spark plug , drive it back to Pattaya and get it fixed staying well clear of Toyota dealers;) or just buy a new car:w00t:

Maybe it is better to try repairing my engine fast at Phuketbut not in Toyota center? Could someone recommend a good shop for repair toyoa vios engine at Phuket?

Madness considering selling a car just because of a misfire.

Buy a set of spark plugs and change them yourself, if you can't or don't want to then ask any independent garage / service center to put them in.

The B-Quik next to Tesco Thalang for example. They probably have stock of the right ones, otherwise go to super cheap or similar. If you want to get them from your chair go to Lazazda http://www.lazada.co.th/denso-k16r-u11-4-4083347.html

Its worth spending the small amount on plugs just to rule them out - chances are they are the cause of the problem and it'll be solved all for less than 1,000 baht.

Buy a set of spark plugs and change them yourself, if you can't or don't want to then ask any independent garage / service center to put them in.

I saw some wrong behavior before to check my engine and I changed spark plug, engine oil, gearbox oil. Then I checked engine and get to know about the problem. So it is done two weeks ago.

Most likely there is a misfire because of the spark plug coils ( electric cables running from electronic ignition to each spark plug) not difficult and not expensive) any garage can do.

Archived