BANGKOK 16 June 2019 23:39

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Knife wielding robber doesn't bargain for plucky 7-11 staffer who fights back

Knife wielding robber doesn't bargain for plucky 7-11 staffer who fights back

so.jpg
Image: Thairath

SONGKHLA:-- A brave 7-11 employee fought off a knife wielding robber in Songkhla on Sunday night by grabbing a pair of scissors and stabbing the attacker.

The footage was captured on CCTV and shared online by thousands, reports Thairath.

The clip shows the robber with a penknife grappling with the sales assistant who grabs some scissors lying behind his counter before delivering a blow to his assailant's chest. But the robber does not give up and the plucky sales assistant then swipes him before being able to restrain him and call police.

The attempted robbery took place at the 7-11 store on the Songkhla - Koh Yor road in the area of the Koh Yor market.

Police discovered that the thief was a man called Takwa Ritthikun,27, who had done two convenience store robberies before in his home province of Nakorn Sri Thammarat. He was detained and sent for mental evaluation.

Many posters online praised the actions of the sales assistant, who was not named, while showing concern for his well-being.

Alongkorn Simawut of the Songkhla force said that the sales assistant had clearly used justifiable means to defend himself. However he cautioned against sales staff doing this kind of thing unless absolutely necessary as they could be killed by fighting back.

*Warning graphic content*

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-10

i was a securicor guard years ago. inside my van it said dont forget the fighting spirit, bugger, its not my money and it was insured anyway.why risk getting shot or stabbed for nothing, oh, and the money was crap.

mercman24, on 10 May 2016 - 12:19, said:

i was a securicor guard years ago. inside my van it said dont forget the fighting spirit, bugger, its not my money and it was insured anyway.why risk getting shot or stabbed for nothing, oh, and the money was crap.

Not everyone think like you, some will fight for what's right, some will say, oh, flukk it, not my money,

it's the primal fight or flight instincts that kicks in and it's different in each one of us....

Don't bring a pen knife to a scissors fight.

Not everyone think like you, some will fight for what's right, some will say, oh, flukk it, not my money,

it's the primal fight or flight instincts that kicks in and it's different in each one of us....

This robber gave the ferang tourists a day off by way of convienience namely: 7/11 so be grateful for small mercies.

See they ain't all bad !!!!

I would fight just for the hell of it and because Im a nutter...whats your excuse lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's great, some mentally unstable guy comes in, tries to steal some Twinkies with a penknife, and he gets stabbed in the chest - and everyone praises the 'plucky' staffer who looks be about twice his size. Next time, let him get away with a few of the pre-packaged food items and even a bit of cash - heaven knows the 7/11 owners can probably cover it.

That's great, some mentally unstable guy comes in, tries to steal some Twinkies with a penknife, and he gets stabbed in the chest - and everyone praises the 'plucky' staffer who looks be about twice his size. Next time, let him get away with a few of the pre-packaged food items and even a bit of cash - heaven knows the 7/11 owners can probably cover it.

If you were there why didn't you help?

I once saw a Thai young man hitting his girlfriend/ wife/ short term date??? so inhumane that it was my natural instinct to step in and stop the fight...then my "living in Thailand" awareness kicked in and I thought maybe I would get knifed by the irate Isaan man who was already erupting uncontrollably as a volcano and...once my desire to help the poor girl decreased, I looked around and the Thais were just looking and taking video with their phones. <deleted>??? There were not concerned so why should this farang be??

He'd "already done 2 convenience stores before". Clearly the likely paltry fine imposed upon him was insufficient to deter him. Lock the bastard up for 5 years. He might learn then!

This little creep was a serial robber. The impotent justice system could not, and as usual, would not deal with him. Not sure if the problem is the petty thiefs, or the petty judges, who lack backbone, conviction, spine, courage, moral fiber, and the willingness to do what is right by society. Maybe he will serve time this time around. Just maybe. Is there an effective judge to be found, anywhere in the LOS?

I dont know about 7/11 but there is more incentive for staff to fight back as any stock/till losses are often deducted by bosses from staff wages in Thailand.

Someone always has to complain when justice is served.

Feel sorry for the criminal..... the thief... even reward him and let him have some cash also. How about you just smile and say "Help yourself"

Hey.. let's go a little further and give him a hand.... WOW ! ! The world turned upside down..

Oh... that bad bad store clerk.... maybe hurting the poor criminal bad guy...

"Next time, let him get away with a few of the pre-packaged food items and even a bit of cash..." People that think that way.... must have accidentally gotten dropped on their head when they were born... Or did too many bad drugs and fried a good many of their brain cells...

I'm glad this brave soul was not injured, however when I worked nights in a convenience school while attending college, company rules dictated to give the robber what they wanted and call the police as soon as the robber left. This for employee safety. There should never be a fortune in cash in the register in 7-11 or other chain convenience stores as money is regularly fed into the safe to prevent robbers from getting much.