Knife wielding robber doesn't bargain for plucky 7-11 staffer who fights back

webfact

It's a popular conception, paraded again here on ThaiV, that there is no justice (or massively lax justice) in Thailand. If that's the case why is there a massive provincial prison down the road from me with offenders who are reportedly in there for a long time. No rich people in there I would surmise but I do not get why posters go OTT on the system with probably no basis in fact.

It's a popular conception, paraded again here on ThaiV, that there is no justice (or massively lax justice) in Thailand. If that's the case why is there a massive provincial prison down the road from me with offenders who are reportedly in there for a long time. No rich people in there I would surmise but I do not get why posters go OTT on the system with probably no basis in fact.

Of course you are right, the system works, and the less money you have the better it works. And it only gets better with non citizens

I am impressed with the restraint that the 7-11 employee showed. He could have easily justifiably killed the man that had the pen knife with those scissors. He is to be praised for his actions, quick thinking and coolness during this incident.

I salute you sir!

I hope his identity remains confidential so as not to endanger his life or his family. But I hope the store owner appreciates what this young man did, and how much danger he faced. Will he be rewarded or wai'd? Who knows? I for one am proud of him!! Very good for you young man!!! You are someone in these difficult time that is to be praised!

"Melius est enim mori quam vivere in pedibus supplex" Which roughly translates as "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Congrats to the 7/11 guy.

That's great, some mentally unstable guy comes in, tries to steal some Twinkies with a penknife, and he gets stabbed in the chest - and everyone praises the 'plucky' staffer who looks be about twice his size. Next time, let him get away with a few of the pre-packaged food items and even a bit of cash - heaven knows the 7/11 owners can probably cover it.

Sure why not, free stuff for anybody without cash.

I am impressed with the restraint that the 7-11 employee showed. He could have easily justifiably killed the man that had the pen knife with those scissors. He is to be praised for his actions, quick thinking and coolness during this incident.

I salute you sir!

I hope his identity remains confidential so as not to endanger his life or his family. But I hope the store owner appreciates what this young man did, and how much danger he faced. Will he be rewarded or wai'd? Who knows? I for one am proud of him!! Very good for you young man!!! You are someone in these difficult time that is to be praised!

"Melius est enim mori quam vivere in pedibus supplex" Which roughly translates as "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Congrats to the 7/11 guy.

I would happily take the 2 minutes of knee time over being stabbed protecting a major corporation from a few baht of theft. But that's just me.

He'd "already done 2 convenience stores before". Clearly the likely paltry fine imposed upon him was insufficient to deter him. Lock the bastard up for 5 years. He might learn then!

If he was in Saudi Arabia he would be running out of hands by now.

That's great, some mentally unstable guy comes in, tries to steal some Twinkies with a penknife, and he gets stabbed in the chest - and everyone praises the 'plucky' staffer who looks be about twice his size. Next time, let him get away with a few of the pre-packaged food items and even a bit of cash - heaven knows the 7/11 owners can probably cover it.

Will you say the same when some punk holds a knife up to you or yours? Stop trolling.

Boys & girls, I think we have a leading contender here for the Best Twist of the Year award! Cast your ballot by walking into your nearest 7-11 and stealing something, preferably while armed.

Archived