Longest visa for Myanmar?

A 1 year multi entry business visa with a 70-day stay limit per entry? However, it's possible to extend these 70 day stays inside the country, but not sure for how long.

I believe one must have held 3 single entry business visas (each valid for a stay of up to 70 days) before being issued a multi entry, though if you're lucky you may get one on your second or third application.

Obviously you'll need a sponsor to get one, though it is remarkably easy - just need the company's business registration (in Burmese) and a one page invitation letter (in English or Burmese) containing your passport details and a short description of your purpose of entry. Can be very general.

some people get a 1 year visa but have to leave every 70 days ( two teacher friends of mine do this)

others have a 1 year multi visa and dont have to leave ( works for Carlsberg)
no idea what the criteria is thou

otherwise its a 28 day visa and off to Thailand for another

or $3/day overstay

• 1 month later...

I have a 1 year multiple business. That's my third in the row. When i arrived in Myanmar few years ago, i started with a single buisiness visa on arrival (70 days). I did not wait the 70 days to exit but left after a week then got another single and after 1 week and got another single. Then after 3 third single visa (in a period of about 4 week), went to the Myanmar embassy in BKK and got a 6 months business visa (I think that time there was no 1 year multi). Then after that 6 months, started to get 1 year multi every year.

I need to leave every 70 days but it is not an issue for me as i am out of Myanmar nearly every week but i was told my a company here that you can avoid the 70 days if you get a FRC (Foreign Registration Certificate) which will give the first time 6 months stay without leaving the country and after be extended for 1 year period.

The process to get the FRC is complex but not impossible

• 2 months later...

that's interesting ...... Even for a motorbike is it $1500? 

What about other possessions? 

If going in over land from mae sai? 

Basically, I want an easier place to live than Thailand and I don't want to lose my possessions. I am already in the north of Thailand... 

• 4 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:06 AM, phuketrichard said:

Yes, but it will cost ya upwards of $1,500 and take a few months to arrange via a travel agent

3-4 weeks is all it needs, based on personal experience and what the travel agents themselves say. It depends on your itinerary and for a short trip, and especially if there are multiple vehicles in your group it can be down to a few hundred dollars per vehicle, including hotel costs. Thai travel agents, such as those with experience operating tours especially up in Chiang Rai charge a lot less than big western travel agents you contact in Yangon.

Thais who have connections to immigration/customs and other important people can travel in/out of Myanmar by car quiet readily without any special requirements, all others can enter and remain only a short distance from the border for a limited time, otherwise a tour is necessary.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:13 PM, craigp said:

that's interesting ...... Even for a motorbike is it $1500? 

What about other possessions? 

If going in over land from mae sai? 

Basically, I want an easier place to live than Thailand and I don't want to lose my possessions. I am already in the north of Thailand... 

Only a few hundreds dollars or so but all quotes include accommodation too. For a proper quote, suggest you contact a travel agent with experience in organizing tours. Burma Senses is one, you can also try Asian Trails or the upmarket (and relatively expensive though very professional) Diethelm. The latter allows you to pay their Thai office in Baht, which is very convenient. For up to 7 days (maybe 14) Thai vehicles can enter Tachilek but won't be allowed in very far. For a proper tour, you need to contact a travel agent.

Archived