Wouldnt treat a dog the way thai schools treat teachers

Hi just want to know has anyone been treated so bad as a teacher?basicly i have just had 3 months school holiday and due 2 return monday.iv been at this school for ten tears, never a day off sick or late.yesterday i had a call telling me i must go full time for 40.000 baht a month.now iv been part time 4 10 years finishing work at 11 oclock and got 36000 a month.so no brainer as i have an afternoon job that pays 60 a mth.point is boss said they want 2 save money with part timers, yet hes willing 2 pay 40 a month and keeping my 2 friends on part time. I was there b 4 any 1.im gutted.im going 2 day 2 have it out with the weasle even though i know i cant win, just feel i have 2 say sumthing to the rat( principal) all the thai teachers hate him and tryin 2 evict him.i wanna punch him but have 2 refrain.any advice or similar experiences most welcome.

36,000 to finish by 11am sounds like a pretty sweet deal, really wish that they could timetable my classes to finish each day by 11am. How many teaching hours was that for each week?

Sounds like the school might have simply compared what they're doing, with what other schools are doing, and decided that they have been giving you a really sweet deal over the past 10 years.

15 hours..but my other 2 frends r being kept on part time 20 hours aweek.1 was ther 7 years the other 1 year.u wud think last in 1st out rite!! More 2 it i think,, his wsy of telling me to go b coz he knew a have a well better school in the afternoon..wants 2 save face..

Oh and the short notice iv had..xpecting 2 go bak on monday ..they cud hav told me during this 3 month holiday!!!!!

And they could have done a lot worse. Like fire the whole staff and offer to re-hire at you at a smaller salary and a 10 month contract. Be careful what you wish for.

True but im not one of those teachers who get by on 30-50g a month.in 16 years working here as a teacher, iv always been on the 100g mark.and refuse 2 stay in a school all day for a pittance.

It wouldn't have anything to do with your spelling and punctuation skills would it?

Spot on mate.

His spelling and puntuation is ten times worse than mine.

His is supposedly teaching kids (poor little mites) if that is their teachers English level.

True but im not one of those teachers who get by on 30-50g a month.in 16 years working here as a teacher, iv always been on the 100g mark.and refuse 2 stay in a school all day for a pittance.

Pride before the fall and all that. Good luck with it.

Lets hope the op is not 'teaching' English. whistling.gif Thai teachers earn no where near 40k are always going in during the holidays and Sundays for training, but you don't see them moaning on the internet. If you don't like being well paid and don't like the School - then leave.

Oh and the short notice iv had..xpecting 2 go bak on monday ..they cud hav told me during this 3 month holiday!!!!!

Are we talking with English teachers here or teenagers sending text messages?

I didn't want to be the first to say it, op, but your prose really does suck. Tough to read. It's SMS speak.

Perhaps acknowledge that you've been on a good number and they're putting it right. Money is tightening up everywhere. Unless this is a top international school, I know a fair few teachers in unis and institutes that are not on anything like that, especially such a cushy part time gig. I wouldn't hold it against the guy even if he is a tool. You've had several good years from them and they're generous enough in offering you a permanent position. Don't burn bridges. ;)

Archived