British Benz driver sought after fatal Chiang Mai smash

webfact

Supposing ... just supposing, this "Brit without a passport" is actually languishing in UK, right now, wondering how some a***hole has a passport that he rep[orted lost a year or so ago, whilst on holiday in Thailand! Just supposing!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ The Thai Visa Judges have already found him to guilty of "reckless driving , Drunk driving and fleeing the scene of an accident " and they have already pronounced that the crash was entirely his fault and that he needs to face the full punishment for his actions............it really doesnt matter if his car may have been stolen and he wasnt driving

Well I am sure that will be his defence if he WAS driving.

regards Worgeordie

See fleeing the scene of a crime is not only a Thai thing Brits do it too. Need to keep a link to this page when people start bashing the Thais.

No indication in this story who was at fault.

As do drivers in most countries, but usually for a reason other than being the cause of the accident. Thais seem to flee the scene more often than stay, in relative terms.

Amazing coincidence finding the perpetrator's passport at the scene,maybe the dead woman was clutching it having grabbed it out of the driver's hand with her final words "You bad man"?
Or maybe the passport holder has a car or property the Police Chief has taken a liking to? whistling.gif

Assumptions abound in regard to this incident, particularly that the Merc driver was at fault - a given in the U.K. when you rear-end someone, but not necessarily the case, and especially in a country not known for its driver skill-set; and that the passport owner and the driver are one and the same - for any number of reasons, that might not be the case.

And there is a distinct likelihood that the two dead women were riding in the bed of the pick-up, in which case, any misjudgement could have resulted in their being thrown out.

By no means did the British driver flee the scene of the accident...rather he ran to get help but so happened to start off in the wrong direction and kept on running and not able to find anyone to help....and then, he was completely lost and could not find his way back in the dark......and now wandering about aimlessly....while traumatized and experiencing amnesia........

That is what I surmise.

That or I surmise he used to drive a bus.

Cheers

Let's not forget it's only poor Thais that flee the scene of an accident,the Hi-So ones stand there texting and posting pictures and selfies on Facebook,while waiting for the Police to arrive!

You think that's what the Red Bull son and heir was doing before fleeing?

Was the passport holder the driver during the accident?

Very strange, the driver does a goner and leaves his passport.

Well that's it...the Brit could have been the driver or there could have been someone else involved as well....how many long term expats carry their passport ?(assuming the Brit is the owner of the benz and is not a tourist - tourists are more likely to carry their passports and would not own a benz). Hopefully the Brit and anyone else involved turns themselves in to police and this can be dealt with appropriately.

See fleeing the scene of a crime is not only a Thai thing Brits do it too. Need to keep a link to this page when people start bashing the Thais.

It says the Benz rear ended the pick up....that would put the Benz at fault.

What if the pick-up was reversing down the motorway without lights on because they missed their turning off ?

What IF a flying saucer caused them to back up like that? I don't think that TV lets me say dunce here.

It says the Benz rear ended the pick up....that would put the Benz at fault.

What if the pick-up was reversing down the motorway without lights on because they missed their turning off ?

What IF a flying saucer caused them to back up like that? I don't think that TV lets me say dunce here.

Now you are being silly, Flying saucers do not exist, whereas some people do indeed reverse back down a road when they miss their turning .

There was a passport in the car but does that mean the Owner of that passport was actually in the car? Was he the driver? Was it HE that fled the scene either alone or with someone else? has it been established that the Brit was the registered owner of the vehicle?

Perhaps a case of "When in Rome....."

My uncle always used your quote:

"When in Rome do as the Romans"

Now he's doing a life sentence, with no parol, in Italy, for executing 1,200 Christians.

Hope this guy, if guilty, gets the same.

Also think that the San Sai to Doi Saket road is full of vehicles going way past the speed limit.

He will have no problem if he's rich, kill 9 people in your car driven illegally = community service here after all.

No amount of money will buy him out of this one. They will be looking to make an example out of him for sure. This case will be interesting as I feel a different brand of justice will rear its head.

I bet when they find him, he will not be allowed to refuse breath test, or refuse to go to a police station.

He will get banged up straight away, no bail nothing.

He did wrong so should be punished.

Now we will see the 2 tier Thai system working.

You do not have an idea how much cash the Merc driver has on hand, and you make this statements. Let us just wait and see.

Not surprised to see you the first to post when a Briton is involved to exercise that chip on your shoulder.

Oh yes.. I hate Brits.. i forgot.

No my chip is that it seems that when a Thai does something everyone is falling over themselves condemning it and generalizing but when its a foreigner the responses are totally different. There is just a lot of Thai bashing here so its good to hold up a mirror once in a while.

Should I have said farang instead of Brit.. would that have made it better for you ? I would have come down just as hard on a Dutch guy and would have called it a Dutch thing just to hold up a mirror here. Guess that is lost on you.

just call it what it is racism or the empire looking down onthe colonials. I think Brits are still mad Siam would not become one of there colonies

Assumptions abound in regard to this incident, particularly that the Merc driver was at fault - a given in the U.K. when you rear-end someone, but not necessarily the case, and especially in a country not known for its driver skill-set; and that the passport owner and the driver are one and the same - for any number of reasons, that might not be the case.

And there is a distinct likelihood that the two dead women were riding in the bed of the pick-up, in which case, any misjudgement could have resulted in their being thrown out.

the British passport in the car does not mean the holder of it was driving. It does not even mean he was in the car.

Two dead women on the street. Where is the driver of the pickup? One of them? May be there were 2 or more people sitting in the cabin. Where are they?

About the scene you cannot take anything for granted - except two women dead and two cars smashed

I bet when they find him, he will not be allowed to refuse breath test, or refuse to go to a police station.

You do not have an idea how much cash the Merc driver has on hand, and you make this statements. Let us just wait and see.

It doesn't matter how much alcohol he did or didn't drink. It's too late to do a breath test on a badly calibrated years old and most likely contaminated machine at this stage.

There will be no alcohol left even if there was any present at the time of the accident, the liver is remarkably efficient at removing alcohol from the bloodstream.

i leave a copy of my passport in my car ..think i will take that out as other people drive my car i live on that road and drive a benz its amazing how many messages ive had today about this ...

It is reported that the driver (so far unknown) had left the scene of the accident. That there was a British passport in the car. So the car could have been stolen by anyone or it might be that the owner had lent it out.

That would have to be the first Benz that I have seen with what looks like a racing bucket seat on the front.

Replacing seats seems pretty common to me in Thailand, at least among the people I know.
Replacing seats with racing style seats is a tuner thing and not all that common among the general Thai population. And tuners like to drive fast given an opportunity. Looks like this Benz was driving fast and smashed into the back of the pickup at high speed. But I must say the safety designs of the Benz, the absorption of the energy by the car body and its displacement around the passenger compartment is very admirable.

Lets hope so, people need to learn not to flee from accidents, bail is something most people get if they have a good insurance. I got bail bond on mine. But I would not flee from an accident.

But strange your not condemning him for fleeing an accident most foreigners would do so if the guy was Thai. Are you are a Brit too by any chance and is that the reason why you don't think its bad that he runs from an accident ?

I don't care who someone is Thai Dutch, Brit.. whatever.. you just don't flee an accident.

A quick trip to the Wat, a few weeks in poverty a wai and all is forgiven "Thai Dutch or Brit" because he was driving a MB.

^ The Thai Visa Judges have already found him to guilty of "reckless driving , Drunk driving and fleeing the scene of an accident " and they have already pronounced that the crash was entirely his fault and that he needs to face the full punishment for his actions............it really doesnt matter if his car may have been stolen and he wasnt driving

Well I am sure that will be his defence if he WAS driving.

regards Worgeordie

Death by MB is forgiven with a wai a Wat visit and an envelope just ask Anna Reese (spelling?) Oh and some maybe community service

Archived