BANGKOK 20 August 2019 04:44
Sign in to follow this  
amdy2206

Koh Lanta

Rather than starting a new topic I thought I would resurrect an old one.

Looking for some advice on a nice hotel c2500 in April.  Any recommendations? Looked on TripAdvisor and Crown Lantana and Lantana Sand and Spa look good. Any thoughts on these or others please?

This is a romantic not family break 😉

Thanks in advance, all recommendations appreciated.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:38 AM, stament said:

Rather than starting a new topic I thought I would resurrect an old one.

Looking for some advice on a nice hotel c2500 in April.  Any recommendations? Looked on TripAdvisor and Crown Lantana and Lantana Sand and Spa look good. Any thoughts on these or others please?

This is a romantic not family break 😉

Thanks in advance, all recommendations appreciated.

Hello Stament,

I have a nephew who has booked flights to Thailand in August 2019 and he is thinking about Koh Lanta (but no concrete plans yet)

May l ask how Koh Lanta was during your holiday?

He is late 20's and travelling with his gf and does enjoy snorkeling, kayaking etc.

Thank you for any feedback on Koh Lanta in general.

Hello Stament,
I have a nephew who has booked flights to Thailand in August 2019 and he is thinking about Koh Lanta (but no concrete plans yet)
May l ask how Koh Lanta was during your holiday?
He is late 20's and travelling with his gf and does enjoy snorkeling, kayaking etc.

Thank you for any feedback on Koh Lanta in general.

That’s got to be the middle of the low season. The restaurants and resorts will be mostly closed or running on skeletal staff. I wouldn’t expect too much, but it will be certainly peaceful.

I would do a lot of research and thinking before visiting at that time, visibility will be pretty bad for snorkeling, he might find some boats running, and it’s worth checking to find if the national park is even open. There is usually a little flurry of activity at that time, the university and european holidays, the southern resorts get a few visitors. Your nephew should a cheap bungalow and be amongst some budget backpackers.

I was there before last Songkran, the resorts were really dead, but there were a few people about in the early evening in Sala Dan, the main town. Friends who have resorts were saying there was a lack of long stayers this year, mostly French families who stayed for a week or two. (The French version of survivor was filmed in an island off Lanta).

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:05 PM, recom273 said:

That’s got to be the middle of the low season. The restaurants and resorts will be mostly closed or running on skeletal staff. I wouldn’t expect too much, but it will be certainly peaceful.

I would do a lot of research and thinking before visiting at that time, visibility will be pretty bad for snorkeling, he might find some boats running, and it’s worth checking to find if the national park is even open. There is usually a little flurry of activity at that time, the university and european holidays, the southern resorts get a few visitors. Your nephew should a cheap bungalow and be amongst some budget backpackers.

I was there before last Songkran, the resorts were really dead, but there were a few people about in the early evening in Sala Dan, the main town. Friends who have resorts were saying there was a lack of long stayers this year, mostly French families who stayed for a week or two. (The French version of survivor was filmed in an island off Lanta).

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you for taking the time to reply and will bear in mind your feedback.

Thanks again.