My Myanmar GF wants to go to Thai University needs normal Passport - suggestions?

Hi,

My Myanmar GF and I live in Thailand. She has a temporary work passport and a pink ID card, which I though was important for getting a normal Myanmar passport so she could go to a University in Thailand.

I understand all the university requirements, however I believe she will need a normal Myanmar passport in order to eventually end up with an ED visa.

The issue is getting the Myanmar passport. Her school starts in July - however, she can start at a later day.

Does anyone know what is needed and approximate times to pull this off? I have heard that now there is a newer computerized ID card that she will need to get first. Is this true? or is the Pink ID card she has good for getting a normal passport?

She has a house document with her mother, brother and her name on the deed of a house, which I am told is important. And she has family in Yangon.

My thoughts were to fly her to Myanmar one way and hopefully in 2-3 weeks she can pull this off. If not fly her back and go at it another time.

Does anyone have any information on this process for 2016? Thanks, Scott

Thanks PR how would you find a good agent? I hear about so many people having to pay endless bribes. If I could arrange for an agent from here thats be great. As far as the school cost ramkamhaeng U is extremely cheap and we live a bus ride away. They have all the cost broken down and they're incredibly reasonable. Thanks for responding its great to not feel alone in these things. Scott

suggest u find an agent to assist arrange the FULL Passport in Myanmar, note; the school wont be cheap as she will be paying full non thai rates.

add in room and board....

Would I find an agent in Thailand or Myanmar? any idea how to find a good one? thanks. S

there must be a passport office in Yangon; find it, have ur gf call them

i do think u will find it very hard to do from thailand and she should go back and deal with it

Pink id card ( passport) is for workig only and usually that means she has a LA migrant visa

Good luck

yes she has a migrant worker temporary passport. I wasn't sure about the pink ID. that is very helpful. I imagine this could be an open ended not so easy thing to pull off. Ideally I could find an agent that I can trust in Myanmar, but I'm not so sure how to find a good one. Thanks again.

Archived