koh phi phi not for me

jacksam

OK to each their own. Made huge mistake of going to phi phi for a week. Actually currently there , but may pull the pin.

I actually in the main find the backpacker gen easy to talk to. Having said that....this is another place overtaken by dills walking the streets with cheap buckets of piss. Nevermind complain about Russians in places like pattaya, buying booze from 7/11 and walking streets on the cheap. The young bp leave em in the shade. Small beach stuffed by ridiculous duf duf music. The main gig here is to join fashion and line up for tattoo. Clearly I'm getting very old. Watching them split bills for 80baht breakfast and individual bills for 4.

so how does that affect you? they get their breakfast before yours and you have to wait and wait and wait? perhaps the staff dont like you. cant see that many would.

Another <deleted>. How about pay together and work it out later between yourselves. In any event, I was giving just one example of backpackers. Often rude. SOME treat places with disregard.

so how does that affect you? they get their breakfast before yours and you have to wait and wait and wait? perhaps the staff dont like you. cant see that many would.

Doubt it. I actually tip as distinct from someone waiting for 10baht change

Doubt it. I actually tip as distinct from someone waiting for 10baht change
wow you gave them a whole 10 baht! you must expect to get treated like the long lost messiah

ps wasnt it you that the phuket immigration had issues recently. careful the powers that be dont haul you in for attitude adjustment

Thanks for your view of Phi Phi. Informative. Never been there but a month or two ago I went to Ko Lipe. I was hugely disappointed. Another "walking street" and the island is awash in litter, and little regard for the environment.

So in general how much is Phi Phi island these days? I used to go there in 1990, at Phi Phi Don more exactly. For example how much was the natural park fee to stay on the island, the boat from Phuket and how much was your hotel or bungalow without aircon? .I would like to return...

You are just 25 years too late.

Even a cursory inspection of the recent photo shows that they have missed a few spots where they can build more and separate visitors from their sweaty tourist money.

25 years from now, I doubt there will be any green at all in the photo. Except maybe the algae and sewage choked water...

We were just down for a vacation in Krabi - a bit of a jolt for me to be out on the tourist trail. We did have a nice hotel. We took a day trip on a speed boat to 4 islands - there were 55 people in our boat and 50-60 boats doing the same itinerary... you get out at a beautiful beach w/1000 other people and stand around for an hour then get back on the boat. You can't really swim as the boats are coming and going...

Yes, I was there years ago too - things change - it was a change of scenery for us, and nice in that, but nothing to re-visit.

Do you want some cheese with your wine, (whining) ?

Your whole post was complaining.

I can understand why people don't like you now.

Go complain in another country about 20,000 kilometers away from me.

So why are you whining? I can understand if people do not like morons like you . this is a forum and if you cannot read a post without whining i sugest you visit another forum about 100,000kms from me .

I was thinking about going to phi phi but because of the info on this thread i will go somewhere else which is exactly why this forum is here . Plonker

So why are you whining? I can understand if people do not like morons like you . this is a forum and if you cannot read a post without whining i sugest you visit another forum about 100,000kms from me .

I was thinking about going to phi phi but because of the info on this thread i will go somewhere else which is exactly why this forum is here . Plonker

If you are looking for deserted beaches, good access, and quiet, I recommend Khao Lak.

My post was not whining. The point is places like samui etc, while they have party areas for young folk having a rage have very quiet areas as well. Could say same for phuket. Koh phi phi is like a full moon party every night. I love music (that doesn't change will age) .....however apart from one or two little cafe/bar with solo artist there's nothing to excite about. The "music" on the beach is max volume duff duff dance music. Again great for the young backpacker crew. Point is you can't escape it on phi phi as you can on other islands. Remember no transport here.....no roads. Can use longtail that's it. Put it this way, I've already paid for another trip to krabi in couple months. Wouldn't dream of having this place on visit list.

Is full of younger Euro babe eye-candy, that Phi Phi Don Village, but other than that what a dump.

I was drinking out front of sort of a backpacker hostel place there about five years ago when a young gal in a miniskirt in some sort of hurry, bends over to lace some sandals and (whoops there it is !) gives GOM the full nothing underneath view.

I yelled "have fun" and she turned and gave me (this time it was horizontal) another big smile.

Archived