Condo with up to "ten Arabs in a room" raided for illegal hotel operation in Sukhumvit Soi 11

webfact

"So the building manger take the fall and not the unit owners!!!"

The Juristic manager had control of these units so maybe the owners weren't aware of the number of occupants nor the money paid. A nice little earner !!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the condo building i live in has increasingly been on the tear about the building being used as a hotel, signs posted in lobby warning about making the units hotel rooms and stay must be at least 1 month with a lease. but i still notice people coming in with luggage all the time like they were checking into a hotel.. how to stop airbnb? i also noticed some of the rooms have switched to sophisticated looking electronic locks.. crossed my mind-i'll bet they have locks now where you can issue a 'temporary' card key, and when the guests days are up, the key can be invalidated via internet..

my condo has been posting notices about people who come in for short stays as well. You can't stop Airbnb, but you can report to the management office and they will prevent the guests from entering. There is nothing shady about sophisticated electronic locks, I have change to it as well. Its just convenience and ease of not needing to carry a key, you can enter using a key card or password. Most new mid to higher end buildings are using these electronic locks nowadays.

No one will install a electronic lock that passwords can be changed online...those commercial systems cost too much for someone doing an air bnb room.

There goes Airbnb service, on the same route as Grab Bike and Uber...

haha you wish . Airbnb and Uber bigger than you know!

AirBNB may be big, know one is doubting that, but its possible owners of condo units in Thailand are breaking the law using the unit as a hotel, how many register their guest with immigration as they should?

Long thread about it here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762826-thai-condo-law-question/

Here is a sign in the lift of my building. Condos are cracking down on Airbnb and the likes. Bonus points if you are Scottish it seems.

post-57867-14631307756833_thumb.jpg

My niece works on Wall Street and this goes on in Manhattan. 2 bedroom condos are being rented to 15-20 people. When she moved there these were the only places affordable. She paid $800 a month and had 16 roommates.

Hehe..500 bpppn? Many places are much cheaper than that if those people are related. Most of those coming for treatment are government sponsored and they stay in far better places.I see big hole in this report starting ftom the 500b.

As many as 10 people per unit, at 500 baht per night. Some condo owner/manager was doing quite well...

But it kind of begs the question, if you were a wealthy person from an Arab country coming to Thailand for medical treatment, why in the world would you put up with that kind of accommodation?

On the other hand, if you were relatively poor and paying everything you had for treatment at a nearby expensive private hospital, I could see trying to minimize your accommodation expenses.

More high quality tourism at work???

Qatar, Saudi and other states will pay for their healthcare done here. Go to any big private hospital in Bangkok (start with Bumrungrad) and you see this - they have reception areas for certain nationals to have their cases handled to be billed to their homeland. I do not know if coverage is 100% or which Arab states are covered etc. but it is done.

"On the other hand, if you were relatively poor and paying everything you had for treatment at a nearby expensive private hospital..."

That would DEFINITELY mean they were stupid, because public hospitals cost 10x less and are just as medically effective.

Thailand: Hub of geniuses, 555

Ten-to-a-room is all the rage in minimalist Feng Shui, dontchaknow! Lumpini Police named some of the ten-ants as Mohammed Al-Befukced, Mohammed Al-Abama, Barak Al-Obama, Tony Bliar, Yosser Arafat, Chris P. Bacon, Ivor Gonadov, Mike Rotch, Dr G. Spot, Mark E. De Sade, P. D. Phile, Ivan Itchianus, Hugh Jass, R. Sole, P. Inthasink, Armitage Shankswank, Neil Down, D.P. Throat, Ivan Hart-Transplant, Al-Cohol, Chuck U. Farley, and twins Paul Mc Kecksdown and Phil Mc Crevice.

Isn't this just amazing? I mean if this had been the UK we would have been bombarded with "Dis Be Racist an Sheeit" The left wing liberal <deleted> would have been screaming about social injustice as to how 300 immigrants sleep in one room, David Cameron would be passing bills in Parliament to make sure these people were counselled, rehoused, given therapy for their harrasment, but I must say, Thailand has the right attitude, now all they need to do is figure out the cheapest way to get these dogs deported.

Good for Thailand, good for the non politically correct, good for common sense.

Ratcatcher............What a hilarious response to the article.... I cannot stop laughing...You sure brightened-up my day....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Havn't got a clue what you're talking about------ think you just walked into the wrong room clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

He was charged with not reporting foreigners who were staying in the building to immigration and operating as a hotel without a license and taken to Lumpini police station.....................................

...........where he reluctantly agreed to share 30% of the revenues with his new anonymous business partners...and life went on as usual.

Cheers

Ratcatcher............What a hilarious response to the article.... I cannot stop laughing...You sure brightened-up my day....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Havn't got a clue what you're talking about------ think you just walked into the wrong room clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I think he may have been referring to a picture I posted earlier today which has been deleted,and a number of people liked and found amusing. Thank you.

I guess some other people do not have a sense of hummus.wai.gif

We got a notice downstairs at our condo. It is a warning to tourist that renting for a few days is illegal and they break the law. No words for the condo owners who rent out their rooms. Not sure what to say... I feel more and more thwt this country is foreigner unfriendly...

....the math does not 'add up'...but anything to shun and chastise foreigners...

...20 rooms....'almost 100'.....

...not welcome unless you are paying absolute top dollar for everything....

....or not allowed to share a condo with friends.....

As many as 10 people per unit, at 500 baht per night. Some condo owner/manager was doing quite well...

But it kind of begs the question, if you were a wealthy person from an Arab country coming to Thailand for medical treatment, why in the world would you put up with that kind of accommodation?

On the other hand, if you were relatively poor and paying everything you had for treatment at a nearby expensive private hospital, I could see trying to minimize your accommodation expenses.

Well.... you can take the camel out of the desert but not the desert out of the camel....coffee1.gif

Well.... you can take the camel out of the desert but not the desert out of the camel....coffee1.gif

By the same token one can never take a racist whinging self righteous old farang out of anywhere ?

500 baht per person daily ? you can get your own guesthouse room for that......fools

I've stayed in neat hotel with ac, hot water, tv, no fridge though, in bkk, that charged 1500/week. I have also stayed long term in other hotel that charged me 6000 month all in. Fridge. Coffee. Etc. 500/night is ok for a room occupied with 2. These people made tenfold...

But in a proper hotels they have to register guests with immigration.

Archived