Condo with up to "ten Arabs in a room" raided for illegal hotel operation in Sukhumvit Soi 11

webfact

"By the same token one can never take a racist whinging self righteous old farang out of anywhere ?"

In England a lack of education means you live in picturesque squalor. You see what happens when they get their hands on a little money. They still live in mental ghettoes, 555

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As many as 10 people per unit, at 500 baht per night. Some condo owner/manager was doing quite well...

But it kind of begs the question, if you were a wealthy person from an Arab country coming to Thailand for medical treatment, why in the world would you put up with that kind of accommodation?

On the other hand, if you were relatively poor and paying everything you had for treatment at a nearby expensive private hospital, I could see trying to minimize your accommodation expenses.

More high quality tourism at work???

Off the top of my head, having spent 19 years in the Middle East, the only wealthy Arab countries are the UAE , Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Qatar.

Why would Arabs come to Thailand for medical services? Medical services in almost every M.E. country are free and many first class. Saudi having one of the best medical programs in the world. Qatar has free medical for foreigners working in their country as well. Most of the doctors and staff have been educated in European or American medical schools.

Something quite wrong about this hotel business for Arabs seeking cheap Thai medical services. No doubt the real story will never be told in public.

Most Saudi hospitals are awful. You're better off going to the American Hospital of Dubai. That's where the rich Arabs go from around the Gulf.

"They are all poor except Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE"

Absurd drivel.

Every country in the world has both Rich and poor people. You should get out of your pub more often, 555

By the way, why are "tool pushers" or as they call them down in Tex-ass "oil field trash" experts on anything?????

The smell and noise emissions from the building must have been amazing.

Quite a racist post !

If so, can't understand why the Arabs didn't complain to the management about their neighborhood farangs creating these emissions.

Sorry George ? You complain about a post being racist, then like a racist post. This is a reason I can never take a so called 'anti racist' seriously.

Quite a racist post !
where is the racism in his post? 20+ people in one small room would definately cause an odour. Sorry just can't see the racism or maybe I'm not digging hard enough and looking for something that isn't there.

Quite a racist post !
where is the racism in his post? 20+ people in one small room would definately cause an odour. Sorry just can't see the racism or maybe I'm not digging hard enough and looking for something that isn't there.
'Looking for something that isn't there' - his bullocks.

Why would Arabs come to Thailand for medical services? Medical services in almost every M.E. country are free and many first class. Saudi having one of the best medical programs in the world. Qatar has free medical for foreigners working in their country as well. Most of the doctors and staff have been educated in European or American medical schools.

Something quite wrong about this hotel business for Arabs seeking cheap Thai medical services. No doubt the real story will never be told in public.

Huh??? What are you on about? Arabs have been flocking to Thailand to seek medical treatment for ages. Go to any place like Bumrungrad, Rutnin Eye Hospital, etc. and you will see large numbers of men in white robes and women in black robes from head to toe.

Conspiracy theorists are everywhere...

It's a huge part of the business for some of the hospitals in Bangkok and Pattaya serving Arab medical tourists. The rich saudis go to the USA.

Like in the UK the only ones that use the NHS are the poorer people without any other options such as private insurance

Rubbish!

the condo building i live in has increasingly been on the tear about the building being used as a hotel, signs posted in lobby warning about making the units hotel rooms and stay must be at least 1 month with a lease. but i still notice people coming in with luggage all the time like they were checking into a hotel.. how to stop airbnb? i also noticed some of the rooms have switched to sophisticated looking electronic locks.. crossed my mind-i'll bet they have locks now where you can issue a 'temporary' card key, and when the guests days are up, the key can be invalidated via internet..

You can get digital locks that have a number key that expires on the date you set. Perfect for airbnb. You just give the guest the code and the owner doesn't have to be there to give them a key. It's less person but great for late arrivals and checking out.

Quite a racist post !

truth can't be racist.

look what Arabs made of there own homelands. and they bring the same "culture" to any country they move in....

"They are all poor except Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE"

Absurd drivel.

Every country in the world has both Rich and poor people. You should get out of your pub more often, 555

By the way, why are "tool pushers" or as they call them down in Tex-ass "oil field trash" experts on anything?????

I disagree, they are experts at being loudmouth, opinionated, Jesus freak, egomaniacs.

As many as 10 people per unit, at 500 baht per night. Some condo owner/manager was doing quite well...

But it kind of begs the question, if you were a wealthy person from an Arab country coming to Thailand for medical treatment, why in the world would you put up with that kind of accommodation?

On the other hand, if you were relatively poor and paying everything you had for treatment at a nearby expensive private hospital, I could see trying to minimize your accommodation expenses.

Well.... you can take the camel out of the desert but not the desert out of the camel....coffee1.gif

By the same token one can never take a racist whinging self righteous old farang out of anywhere ?

Farangs have been subject to racism in this country, since I first came here 25 years ago, probably well before that too and it still continues.

If you are going to criticise racists, how about including all those guilty of it ?

Well.... you can take the camel out of the desert but not the desert out of the camel....coffee1.gif

By the same token one can never take a racist whinging self righteous old farang out of anywhere ?

Farangs have been subject to racism in this country, since I first came here 25 years ago, probably well before that too and it still continues.

If you are going to criticise racists, how about including all those guilty of it ?

if Thailand is so racist for you why don't you go back to your wonderful tolerant homeland? why torture yourself?!

if Thailand is so racist for you why don't you go back to your wonderful tolerant homeland? why torture yourself?!

It doesn't bother me at all.

I was merely pointing out that all the 'anti racist brigade' get on their high horse when people call a Muslim a 'muzzie', or a Pakistani a 'Paki', although they live in a very racist society.

Ratcatcher............What a hilarious response to the article.... I cannot stop laughing...You sure brightened-up my day....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I can't find a preceding post by ratcatcher... sorry I missed it.

Perhaps moderation did not find it as funny as you did?

Quite a racist post !

i totally agree, but he could be c**rect.
Many Thai think farang smell too. Sure ure one of the good smelling ones ?

mrs has it sorted.

after my compulsory 12 showers a day, she follows me with a 25 litre backpack sprayer of perfume, spraying my every step.

i don't want to upset kitti and som at shop as they drink their lao khao after 10 hours work at the local piggery.

if we don't have the backpack, i have to speak in an english accent.

Why not share her sheep-dip?

Quite a racist post !

i totally agree, but he could be c**rect.
Many Thai think farang smell too. Sure ure one of the good smelling ones

Thank you for the sweet words but today, unfortunately- I smell like hot garbage on a pile of feces.

au revoir :-)

I wear one of those toilet Refreshers around my neck and tell people it's a Buddhist amulet. ?

Take the cellophane off....

555 assuming u are refering to hotel rooms where they did NOT take the cellophane off ;-)

have INDEED seen that (classic!) or hotel rooms where the refresher is empty/dried-out for at least 15 years, 555.

TIT

....the math does not 'add up'...but anything to shun and chastise foreigners...

...20 rooms....'almost 100'.....

...not welcome unless you are paying absolute top dollar for everything....

....or not allowed to share a condo with friends.....

The math does add up.

Just simple arithmetic. The key here is that there were up to 10 in a single room, not 10 in each room.

Here's an example (# of Rooms @ # of People):

(1 @ 10) + (1 @ 9) + (1 @ 8) + (2 @ 7) + (2 @ 6) + (3 @ 5) + (6 @ 4) + (4 @ 2) = 20 rooms with 100 people, total.

....the math does not 'add up'...but anything to shun and chastise foreigners...

...20 rooms....'almost 100'.....

...not welcome unless you are paying absolute top dollar for everything....

....or not allowed to share a condo with friends.....

The math does add up.

Just simple arithmetic. The key here is that there were up to 10 in a single room, not 10 in each room.

Here's an example (# of Rooms @ # of People):

(1 @ 10) + (1 @ 9) + (1 @ 8) + (2 @ 7) + (2 @ 6) + (3 @ 5) + (6 @ 4) + (4 @ 2) = 20 rooms with 100 people, total.

Despite your 'advanced' maths calculations, does it not enter your mind, that these rooms are not designed to accommodate these numbers ?

Quite a racist post !

But true

Be kind,as the truth and stating realistic theories will offend the simple minded people who jump to conclusions.

Racist? No.

Phrophetic? Maybe.

Nausea from the pacifism? Yes.

Archived