2016 marriage extension Maesot.

Kwasaki

A few different things for me 12th May 2016 so some help for anyone on Maesot marriage extension applications.

Good news is a immigration office is opening this year in Sukhothai don't know yet when it will be open though.

Sukhothai MAESOT immigration check list for renewal of

1 year extension for temporary stay for marriage as of 2016.

Immigration prefers you to go about 1 month before or under to re-apply.

1. Fill out 2 TM7 application forms by hand & put contact phone

numbers & applicant sign both sides of TM7 forms.

2. Affix late Colour Photos 4 x 6 cm to each TM7 form.

3. Take your original passport with at least 6 months validation with

the original TM6 arrival/departure card and 90 day notification

slip kept with passport.

4. Take 2 colour photocopy’s of passport page showing your photo

in Colour and the passport number on A4 paper.

5. Take 2 photocopy’s of passport pages with last entry date into

Thailand along with the adjoining page in passport on A4 paper.

6. Take 2 photocopy’s of all other passport stamped pages on A4 paper.

7. Take 2 photocopy’s TM6 arrival/departure card with number on A4 paper.

8. Take 2 photocopy’s of the Bank passbook account details in applicants

sole name on A4 paper.

9. Take 2 photocopy’s of the Bank passbook page showing not less than

400,000 baht deposited for no less than a three month period or your

preferred option prior to renewal of 1 year application date on A4 paper.

10. Update the book on the day or day before going.

11. Arrange to have a Letter from the Bank before going, confirming

the amount of 400,000bht has been deposited in the account of

applicant for the three month period required prior to visiting

Immigration office.

Ask them to please sign in blue pen and take an A4 copy.

12. Take original Thai wife I.D. card and 2 colour photocopy’s of Thai

wife I.D. card with both sides of card shown on A4 paper.

13. Take original Thai wife blue House registration book and 2 photocopy’s

of Thai wife blue House registration book on A4 paper.

14. Take original Khor Ror 3 Official Thai marriage Certificate and 2

photocopy’s of each side of the Official Thai marriage Certificate

on A4 paper.

15. Take 16 printed photos on A4 photocopy paper of :-

8 late colour photos of couple inside rooms of the house.

8 late colour photos of couple outside by house.

16. Take 2 photocopy’s of diagram area map showing location of your home

address on A4 paper & write google map coordinates on map.

Present TM7 forms and Photocopies to immigration officer

for checking & rubber stamping a box section on the papers to

where you sign with your signature and also write your full

name in capital letters.

Conti:-

17. Fill out and sign 2 forms applying for permit acknowledgement

given by officer in Immigration office.

18. Also this time 2016 another form to fill out & sign forget what.

19. While sitting in front of Immigration officer they will take a

computer picture of you.

20. Pay cash fee as of now 1,900bht on request and keep receipt for

when returning to have 1 year extension stamped in passport.

21. Wait until passport is returned to you and stamped with the date

you are to return to the office.

Thanks for the update very interesting but what a palaver.

One or several reasons why I and several friends all just put enough cash 800th in bank, pop down to N/S and do it there. Few bibs and bobs paper/copy wise and your sorted in about 15 Min:

One or several reasons why I and several friends all just put enough cash 800th in bank, pop down to N/S and do it there. Few bibs and bobs paper/copy wise and your sorted in about 15 Min:

Yeah but Maesot a bit of a hike with lots of paper and never had one year same always something extra all be it minor.

Not the people in the offices fault though we still got sorted in 45 mins.

Think I'll go for retirement next time with the combination option.

Yeah but Maesot a bit of a hike with lots of paper and never had one year same always something extra all be it minor.

I don't, but I know a few that have another option they just swap cash between banks 3 months prior to their visa renewal.

I'm of cause not recommending this, but it does save a lot of agro paperwork wise.

The best way is what I do, 'that's if you have the cash available' put a minimum of 800th in a deposit account and let it roll over that way you get interest as well.

I don't, but I know a few that have another option they just swap cash between banks 3 months prior to their visa renewal.

I'm of cause not recommending this, but it does save a lot of agro paperwork wise.

The best way is what I do, 'that's if you have the cash available' put a minimum of 800th in a deposit account and let it roll over that way you get interest as well.

biggrin.png I suppose if you got some type of legal agreement and used a lawyer doing the swap thing it would be OK but I would not be happy with that method.

I do nearly the same as you but with nearly 500k and leave it rolling yearly leaving interest in from one term arrangement to the next.

I will just let it build up all the time until me's pop me clogs, one good reason for this, is this year the UK gov took away all privileges of state pension and payments etc from Thai wives married to Englishmen who will remain in Thailand.

biggrin.png I suppose if you got some type of legal agreement and used a lawyer doing the swap thing it would be OK but I would not be happy with that method.

I do nearly the same as you but with nearly 500k and leave it rolling yearly leaving interest in from one term arrangement to the next.

I will just let it build up all the time until me's pop me clogs, one good reason for this, is this year the UK gov took away all privileges of state pension and payments etc from Thai wives married to Englishmen who will remain in Thailand.

The UK Mob are a pain in the butt, give as little as they can and still try to shaft you.

I don't have anything to do with them. Last time I did have contact some 10+ years ago they tried to Tax my off shore Bank acc: They ended up with a paper hat thank Buddha.

My Thai Bank won't let the interest roll over, they plonk it twice a year into my currant acc:

Nice when it happens, at least I can use it, and it's not like the dead monies in my Deposit acc:

Your right about the sharing monies for Visa it works for some but as said not for me.

They have just raised the minimum wage now all the prices have gone up to accommodate same. EG the price of a pint has gone up by 10p. Good game what.

The UK Mob are a pain in the butt, give as little as they can and still try to shaft you.

I don't have anything to do with them. Last time I did have contact some 10+ years ago they tried to Tax my off shore Bank acc: They ended up with a paper hat thank Buddha.

My Thai Bank won't let the interest roll over, they plonk it twice a year into my currant acc:

Nice when it happens, at least I can use it, and it's not like the dead monies in my Deposit acc:

Your right about the sharing monies for Visa it works for some but as said not for me.

They have just raised the minimum wage now all the prices have gone up to accommodate same. EG the price of a pint has gone up by 10p. Good game what.

I guess I don't have much dealings now in UK as my UK bank has my one and only address which is Thailand.

The bank I use is Bangkok bank and to make it clearer when interest is due the total sum is taken out and put into another account with another new book. blink.png

Before they do that they want to see my passport. laugh.png

I know banks can be bad or good in different areas but I will change mine to SCB they are the most helpful when getting monies I want from my UK account.

As for beer very important biggrin.png didn't know about mim/wage and 10p I guess you mean in UK but did notice Sunday Big 'C' Chang classic my favorite tipple was up from 555 baht to 568 baht.

Bought 1 box from little local shop in our village yesterday 550 baht so probably older stock.

Went new Sukohthai to sit having a beer in what we call the kubota bar yesterday, still 50 baht a large bottle.

In a local village restaurant I go to which I call pub 7 they charge me their Thai sit in price 60 baht.

Wait to see if greed will have it's way.

I guess I don't have much dealings now in UK as my UK bank has my one and only address which is Thailand.

The bank I use is Bangkok bank and to make it clearer when interest is due the total sum is taken out and put into another account with another new book. blink.png

Before they do that they want to see my passport. laugh.png

I know banks can be bad or good in different areas but I will change mine to SCB they are the most helpful when getting monies I want from my UK account.

As for beer very important biggrin.png didn't know about mim/wage and 10p I guess you mean in UK but did notice Sunday Big 'C' Chang classic my favorite tipple was up from 555 baht to 568 baht.

Bought 1 box from little local shop in our village yesterday 550 baht so probably older stock.

Went new Sukohthai to sit having a beer in what we call the kubota bar yesterday, still 50 baht a large bottle.

In a local village restaurant I go to which I call pub 7 they charge me their Thai sit in price 60 baht.

Wait to see if greed will have it's way.

For everyone's info the minimum wage in the whole of England is now £7.85p except London there it's £9.15p an hour. Hence the price increase on most things.

I use Kasikorn bank they put the interest strait into my currant account twice a year, no faffing about, last lot on the 15th Feb. Next 15th Aug?

I also use Lloyds bank offshore Jersey. They via a phone call put any amounts required up to £100th (If only) in my Thai bank. There used to be a small charge both ends but now that has gone and it's free transfer.

At least enables a few more Beer tokens. 3 pints of bitter last Friday down the local £11 EEEEEEK. And your complaining about a 13bt increase a case.

Yes am at present in Blighty back next week thank Buddha, just about getting peed off with the cold damp weather. Now where's my ski jacket.

• 2 months later...

fyi, there's another thread running in the main visas forum re:

Haven't had much feedback there from the Central Region Immigration Offices like Mae Sot and others in the region.

If they're generally good offices and generally follow the rules, apart from the usual minor stuff, please post on that.

Or, conversely, if they specialize in jerking folks around, constantly change their rules, demand extra payments, etc etc, please post it in the same thread.

All feedback welcome. Thanks!

On 5/13/2016 at 3:47 PM, Kwasaki said:

11. Arrange to have a Letter from the Bank before going, confirming

the amount of 400,000bht has been deposited in the account of

applicant for the three month period required prior to visiting

Immigration office.

What a shame they insist of 3 months, when the rules state only 2 months.

2 hours ago, muzmurray said:

What a shame they insist of 3 months, when the rules state only 2 months.

Rules :lol: You are correct but if you want argue with a Thai Immigration officer good luck with that one.

l was informing people of applying for extensions in Maesot we have always had to provide prove of 3 months.

Over many years applying for an extension there have been changes and a few extra rain forests having to be destroyed to provide the photocopy's. :D

Like DLT's not all Immigration offices do things the same,  we have to go to the new Sukhothai Immigration office in 2017 which is good for me but l will not be surprised if they do things different to Maesot. 

Archived