Foreign ladies sunbathing in undies not happy to have to cover up - but police say it was for their

rooster59

Foreign ladies sunbathing in undies not happy to have to cover up - but police say it was for their own good

post-247607-0-46270500-1463185548_thumb.

AYUTTHAYA:-- Two foreign ladies sunbathing in their undies got the hump when asked to cover up by a Thai policeman.

Not waiting to hear his explanation that they might be putting themselves at risk in a secluded area the ladies put on clothes and went off in a huff - without a word of thanks, source Daily News

The two ladies, aged about twenty, were sunning themselves in bras and panties in a public park near the historical ruins in Ayutthaya. A police patrol on bicycles in the area had been alerted as a group of men started eying them up in the wooded area of the park while other men were stopping on bikes to have a good gawk.

But when an officer approached the pair, that he thought were Europeans, they were most unhappy and unappreciative of his good intentions.

Pariphat Niamdaeng of the Ayutthaya police bicycle patrol division said: "We asked them to cover up because we were concerned for their safety. But they were not happy at being told at all and walked off dissatisfied.

"They didn't wait to listen to my explanation that that is a secluded area with lots of trees that could provide cover for people up to no good and could present a danger to them. It was also not proper attire in a public park. Female foreign tourists just don't seem to understand this point and that they might be placing themselves in a difficult position."

Most posters on one news site were firmly behind the police on this one with many saying that the officers meant well and should not have been met with rudeness. One complained that foreign tourists were often suspicious of Thais' actions even though they are usually well intentioned.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-14

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical official Thai reaction - cover up for your own safety and blame the victim or potential victim.

In my home town, it's illegal to leave your car running unattended when you're in the mall shopping. I suppose that's just as wrong?

Some people need to be protected from their own poor judgement.

Let's be fair for a change??this is Thailand, it is not normal to sunbathe in your bikini in a public park.Girls may do that at home but this is not home.You must accept their rules and respect the culture too.If you don't like it lump it

Let's be fair for a change[emoji23][emoji23]this is Thailand, it is not normal to sunbathe in your bikini in a public park.Girls may do that at home but this is not home.You must accept their rules and respect the culture too.If you don't like it lump it

The article mentioned nothing about rules and respect for culture. It was entirely based on the idea that a tourist's apparel choices are the source of potential problems. Primitively thinking.

Let's be fair for a change??this is Thailand, it is not normal to sunbathe in your bikini in a public park.Girls may do that at home but this is not home.You must accept their rules and respect the culture too.If you don't like it lump it

except the policemn wasn't citing "cultural rules" was he? He was suggesting they might be sexually assaulted. Is it part of "Thai culture" that scantily clad women must be "gagging for it"?

Two foreign ladies sunbathing in their undies got the hump when asked to cover up by a Thai policeman.

That's a bit over the top. ohmy.png

Oh completely over the top canuckamuck------ I would suggest they cancel any time they were going to spend in Thailand and relocate to Saudia Arabia........great weather there..........................coffee1.gif

You call what they were wearing a "bikini"? You need to go get your eyes checked out dude.

Of course it is perfectly alright for the Thai girls to wear their shorts up to their navels walking around the malls for all to see. God forbid that would stop or 90% of all the foreign men would to leave Thailand. LOL

Hey, the country of Thailand has high standards on decency. Did they not realize, when it comes to nudity (even partial) there is a zero tolerance. Really did these ladies think, that Thailand is an open minded country that condones sexual promiscuity that they can strip down and sunbath? If the authorities were to allow this, the next thing you know, the country would fall to having nude dancers in bars, street walkers soliciting, massage parlors offering sex, and who knows what?

I took my Swedish Gf to the Russian River in Northern Ca. My family has a summer home there and I spent every summer there. We set up our towels and I went to buy some snacks....It was a busy weekend. On the way back hundreds of people were scrambling to the shore. I thought of a person either drowning or a heart attack. No.......it was her, naked with a police officer standing over her with a ticket book. Getting ready to issue her a citation for indecent exposure. The entire crowd booed. She got a warning. The warning worked for about an hour. Up until the point to where I had gotten the rental canoe into the current. All the other boats on the river beelined to ours.....

Seems the 'Bizzies' were actually trying to help, but Euro Sweeties just didn't get it, duh.. The PM has said that in doing this they are asking to be raped, so the Police were only doing their job.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Before you all jump, I am being a little cynical, concerning the PM interpretation, that is.

It would be fine on Hua Hin or Pattaya beach girls, but the ancient capital of Ayutthaya was taking it a bit too far. As for prudery, well Thailand is not alone there. Queensland, Australia, with some of the best beaches in the world, and mile after mile of them, still has no official nude beach...work that one out.

Aw...poor baby...those foreign women just have no appreciation of Thai police acts of sheer kindness...

Don't be discouraged...you did the right thing...

Thank you!

Silly girls

The intensity of the sun here will leave them suffering from a sun burn.

For many they are surprised how 10 to 20 minutes of sunbathing can leave them in discomfort or pain.

Oh well, if anything the police officer saved the girls from sun burning themselves....lol

Cheers

...undies or bathing suits....what difference...

...confirmed that foreigners are being stalked wherever they go...

...no matter how discreet they try to be...

...pay a fortune to come here....then be allowed to do 'only as you are told'....

....and of course....pay.pay.pay....

...thank the policeman for informing them they might be molested....raped...or worse.....???

...utter insanity....

Some people just do not understand that what is acceptable in Europe is unacceptable here.

Why do tourists not check up on local customs etc before they travel?

basically because they are stupid and arrogant, they think they are above the normal people of he country they are visiting!

And this is coming from a country with hundreds of thousand of half naked bar girls and street walkers...

did any one said double standards here?......

True.. When speaking of a tiny fraction of Thailand. You should get out more.

Some people just do not understand that what is acceptable in Europe is unacceptable here.

Why do tourists not check up on local customs etc before they travel?

yes ! Why dont they check that Thailand may not be a democracy it's certainly an hypocrisy

Archived