Foreign ladies sunbathing in undies not happy to have to cover up - but police say it was for their

rooster59

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should not need to be asked to behave with decorum. That is the issue of entitlement. I'm sure if they spoke Thai a less clumsy reason might have been given. It is not right to strip off to your underwear outside a place considerd holy even if you think that as white female you are superior because some trendy lefties teacher misinformed you and told you your culture was superior to that of other people - especially men.

Many posts Removed. Sexist / Derogatory / Flaming / ... the whole litany

Post again in such a manner regarding Rape and receive a Suspension. No means No - whatever the context, whatever the situation, whatever the location.

The world is full of "entitled" females, expecting to do what they want, where they want and when they want.

You are right on . That is exactly where the problems lays.And it is getting worse very day.

You guys are spot on. Problem started over 100 years ago. We gave em the vote & world has been in decline ever since.

But, I don't share that opinion with any of the "entitled" species.

:-)

you are just a guest here. the law of this country prohibits this kid of behavior. you can have two simple choices

1) obey the law

2) leave Thailand

as simple as that...

Drop this 'We are a guest in this country"

By no stretch of the imagination are we guests.

• Guests are invited
  • Guests are welcomed
  • Guests are not subjected to dual pricing
  • Guests don't have to jump through hoops just to stay here
  • Guests don't get coerced into paying bribes
  • Guests are not subjected to rules made up to suit the authorities
  • Guests would not be kicked out of the country on a whim
  • Guests would not have to pay taxes and immigration fees etc.

Would you treat your guests in such a way?

I don't consider myself ever to have been a guest of Thailand as I was not invited. I am a visitor and though sometimes I err I try to be polite.

The world is full of "entitled" females, expecting to do what they want, where they want and when they want.

You are right on . That is exactly where the problems lays.And it is getting worse very day.

You guys are spot on. Problem started over 100 years ago. We gave em the vote & world has been in decline ever since.

We did not give them the vote - they fought for it - were imprisoned - force fed, tortured and suffered! The current generation of feckless feminists with their arrogant self obsession and these kind of silly girls don't bear comparison with real women with real agendas. They are self obsessed self entitled people who have had ' false consciouness' drilled into them. Most of what they have been taught is liberal lefties drivel. They are effectively dysfunctional out of their Uni 'safe space'. Their behaviour was shameful - whatever kind of clumsy reprimand it lead to. I thank the police for their action, sensitivity and intervention.

If it like anything else these days, I do not believe that anybody reads

any thing about Thailand or even Asian culture, before going for a vacation.

If you look at a lot of the Thailand women, you will see that they still dress

in a moderate fashion, when they are at the beaches. I have only seen the

Thai women who are dating, or married to Foreign men, and maybe some of the

young , Now, crowd, that actually wear any of the bikinis or racy

bathing and sun bathing apparel. Most wear more modest styles and are not

flaunting as much of their bodies, as the women I have seen in Australia,

Europe, or North American and South American beaches. Especially in

Brazil. When in Rome, do as the romans do, when anywhere else, read about the country

before your vacation there, I call that simple math, but some of the commenters

that are experts as compared to me will think that I am just a geezer who

does not get with the times.

Oh Well!

Brazil. When in Rome, do as the romans do, when anywhere else, read about the country

Oh Well!

You may well be right about the Thai women dressing "in a more moderate fashion" when at the beach, but that is not totally to do with modesty. Many Thai ladies (my own included) do not want to get suntanned ("black") in the same way as Westerners do Hence the shelves in supermarkets and pharmacies laden with skin whitening products.

Oh Well!

You may well be right about the Thai women dressing "in a more moderate fashion" when at the beach, but that is not totally to do with modesty. Many Thai ladies (my own included) do not want to get suntanned ("black") in the same way as Westerners do Hence the shelves in supermarkets and pharmacies laden with skin whitening products.

So, why go to the beach at all?

If they dont want a sun tan, then sit under an umbrella , ladies do not wear non skimpy beach wear in order to avoid a suntan

Let's be fair for a change??this is Thailand, it is not normal to sunbathe in your bikini in a public park.Girls may do that at home but this is not home.You must accept their rules and respect the culture too.If you don't like it lump it

Exactly ! On my first trip here, 20 years ago already, the Lonely planet for Thailand recommended not to do this and advised always to adhere to local customs especially around temples and official buildings.

You would think that today, with the internet and all and almost everybody carrying a smart phone, that people are better informed nowadays....yeah right!

They were probably Russian girls so they wouldn't know , they live in their own bubble and their mindset is like western tourists back in the 70's. .

Oh Well!

So, why go to the beach at all?

If they dont want a sun tan, then sit under an umbrella , ladies do not wear non skimpy beach wear in order to avoid a suntan

Don't pontificate with me Luke! They go to the beach for various reasons - one to accompany their "other halves". And you should know by now that even sitting under an umbrella in this country you will still get a suntan - and don't tell me that you can't! . And I STILL say that it is not TOTALLY to do with modesty that they wear "non skimpy clothing" - just one of the reasons.

And this is coming from a country with hundreds of thousand of half naked bar girls and street walkers...

did any one said double standards here?......

But night life is discrete , not in your face so families and everyone can enjoy Thailand. Your comment is childish ...we are adults we respect each other's culture. In England we have young drunks in town centres lying around that's our weaknesses. In Thailand in most places things are well managed for Tourists not a Wild West. We like it that because we are adults not drunken teenagers.

Typical official Thai reaction - cover up for your own safety and blame the victim or potential victim.

Seems to be a very PC reaction- anyone can do anything that they like, anywhere, without any consequences. However, back in the real world where most of us live, one can't do as we please in a foreign country where the mores are different from back home.

I can only imagine the uproar from the PC brigade had they actually been attacked by some local that assumed because they were in their underwear they were up for it.

In Saudi, when I was there, western women that didn't wear an abaya were regarded as whores.

In the real world that I live in, if a woman dresses like a slut, she probably is a slut, regardless of what the PC brigade may think.

Typical official Thai reaction - cover up for your own safety and blame the victim or potential victim.

Seems to be a very PC reaction- anyone can do anything that they like, anywhere, without any consequences. However, back in the real world where most of us live, one can't do as we please in a foreign country where the mores are different from back home.

I can only imagine the uproar from the PC brigade had they actually been attacked by some local that assumed because they were in their underwear they were up for it.

In Saudi, when I was there, western women that didn't wear an abaya were regarded as whores.

In the real world that I live in, if a woman dresses like a slut, she probably is a slut, regardless of what the PC brigade may think.

I'm almost certainly much larger and physically stronger than you. So--strictly hypothetically speaking, of course--if I catch you in a darkened soi, late at night, and see that you're showing flesh by wearing shorts, and I deem you to be "a slut," well, by your logic...I must be right, you must be a slut, and thus "asking for it". And you will have no recourse as I hold you down and gently moisten and push through ports of entry you never previously explored, to my pleasure and satisfaction. Who cares what the "PC Brigade" would have to say about that, right?

Yeah, I didn't think you'd agree when I put it that way.

I'm almost certainly much larger and physically stronger than you. So--strictly hypothetically speaking, of course--if I catch you in a darkened soi, late at night, and see that you're showing flesh by wearing shorts, and I deem you to be "a slut," well, by your logic...I must be right, you must be a slut, and thus "asking for it". And you will have no recourse as I hold you down and gently moisten and push through ports of entry you never previously explored, to my pleasure and satisfaction. Who cares what the "PC Brigade" would have to say about that, right?

Yeah, I didn't think you'd agree when I put it that way.

LOL.

I don't go down dark sois late at night as I prefer not to get mugged for my money, but hey, for all you know ( hypothetically speaking of course )-

a/ I'll put my black belt skills over your larger and stronger anytime.

b/ If you're good looking, you might not need to use force.

c/ who says I have unexplored of entry?

d/ you can probably find me at Cassanova most nights unless I've already gone off with a "takeaway".

e/ I like to dress like a slut, though it's a bitch trying to find a sexy bra and panties that fit, in LOS.

In the real world Saudi Arabia is a wahabbist shithole where all women are regarded as either whores or property regardless how they dress or behave.

• 3 weeks later...

We did not give them the vote - they fought for it - were imprisoned - force fed, tortured and suffered! The current generation of feckless feminists with their arrogant self obsession and these kind of silly girls don't bear comparison with real women with real agendas. They are self obsessed self entitled people who have had ' false consciouness' drilled into them. Most of what they have been taught is liberal lefties drivel. They are effectively dysfunctional out of their Uni 'safe space'. Their behaviour was shameful - whatever kind of clumsy reprimand it lead to. I thank the police for their action, sensitivity and intervention.

alofthailand....

My reply, post, was tongue in cheek, attempt at humor, sarcasm. Take it easy.

Archived