Foreign ladies sunbathing in undies not happy to have to cover up - but police say it was for their

rooster59

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So these ladies are at risk and should be told to cover up strait away???

Patong-Lady-Boys-1.jpg

in some low life areas it's tolerated. but in other parts of the country law enforcement is stronger.

and second thing these shorts are really short. but it's still not an underwear.

the law is for everybody (except those with diplomatic passports).
Again!, stop kidding yourself. for goodness sake. Open your eyes.
In thailand..law is not for everybody. Here is just one of many examples:
Unfortunately, any further close-minded replies (written from within a 'cave') will not be responded to. Have a nice day. wai.gif

"In thailand..law is not for everybody." its a system's defect. but it does not mean that everybody ha s a permission to break the law. if it's a Thai citizen - authorities has no other choice but to deal with a person/ but if it's a foreigner - just deport him and ban for life from entering the country. problem solved.

"Unfortunately, any further close-minded replies (written from within a 'cave') will not be responded" what I see! is it a self-justification for the fact that last word in a dispute will not be yours?

neurosis fuels your urge to be a winner in any dispute. funny

What law was broken? Even the police do not say a law was broken.....

What really happened was the policeman thought the girls were in danger from the Thai men hiding in the bushes and rather than do his job properly and do something about the men hiding in the bushes with the possible intent to rape he thought it best to move the girls on. Now, he probably did do the right thing....because he saved those girls a potential problem.

The bigger issue is his first assumption about his own countrymen is that they can't stop raping women when they see a bit of skin.

It has nothing to do with Thai culture(apart from seemingly a culture of rape), the policeman even said they very reason....there was no law broken, it was not offending "thai culture....it was because he though Thai men couldnt control themselves.

No respect for Thai people or Thai culture. Women like these give foreigners a bad name by not observing local customs

Funny I don't see you criticizing every high street of Thailand for having sex workers dressed up like that

Pure hypocrisy

prostitute-patong.jpg?039e20

No respect for Thai people or Thai culture. Women like these give foreigners a bad name by not observing local customs

Funny I don't see you criticizing every high street of Thailand for having sex workers dressed up like that

Pure hypocrisy

prostitute-patong.jpg?039e20

Patong-Lady-Boys-1.jpg

in some low life areas it's tolerated. but in other parts of the country law enforcement is stronger.

and second thing these shorts are really short. but it's still not an underwear.

Right

So it's ok when it's prostitution and the police can have a part of the benefit

whistling.gifwhistling.gif Thais not understanding Thai history either.

Back a a few hundred years ago many Thai women....especially in upcountry areas.....routinely went around with no bras or clothes above their waists.

only when europeans began showing up with their women in dresses did the wealthy Siamese women began to think it was 'fashionable" to cover their breasts.

Go back and look at old drawings of the first Europeans who came to Siam if you don't believe me.

whistling.gifwhistling.gif Thais not understanding Thai history either.

Back a a few hundred years ago many Thai women....especially in upcountry areas.....routinely went around with no bras or clothes above their waists.

only when europeans began showing up with their women in dresses did the wealthy Siamese women began to think it was 'fashionable" to cover their breasts.

Go back and look at old drawings of the first Europeans who came to Siam if you don't believe me.

the law is for everybody (except those with diplomatic passports).
Again!, stop kidding yourself. for goodness sake. Open your eyes.
In thailand..law is not for everybody. Here is just one of many examples:
Unfortunately, any further close-minded replies (written from within a 'cave') will not be responded to. Have a nice day. wai.gif

"In thailand..law is not for everybody." its a system's defect. but it does not mean that everybody ha s a permission to break the law. if it's a Thai citizen - authorities has no other choice but to deal with a person/ but if it's a foreigner - just deport him and ban for life from entering the country. problem solved.

"Unfortunately, any further close-minded replies (written from within a 'cave') will not be responded" what I see! is it a self-justification for the fact that last word in a dispute will not be yours?

neurosis fuels your urge to be a winner in any dispute. funny

What law was broken? Even the police do not say a law was broken.....

What really happened was the policeman thought the girls were in danger from the Thai men hiding in the bushes and rather than do his job properly and do something about the men hiding in the bushes with the possible intent to rape he thought it best to move the girls on. Now, he probably did do the right thing....because he saved those girls a potential problem.

The bigger issue is his first assumption about his own countrymen is that they can't stop raping women when they see a bit of skin.

It has nothing to do with Thai culture(apart from seemingly a culture of rape), the policeman even said they very reason....there was no law broken, it was not offending "thai culture....it was because he though Thai men couldnt control themselves.

"What law was broken?" again, Section 388 of Thailand's Criminal Code

"Even the police do not say a law was broken....." policeman just tried to find a simple explanation. because some savages does not obey the law simply because it's the law.

Good day all .... Just one question here L&G ... Some one preferably a lady explain to me in plain english ..... What is the difference between undies and bikinis ? Which one covers more than it shows ?

All other matters aside, what is the real risk of two girls together in a public place in broad daylight being molested or even raped?

It would have been more appropriate for the Policeman to say, "sorry, I have to ask you to put on your clothes, it is our culture to be modest in public"

hilarious

You mean : It's their culture to have women half naked on every street of every cities in Thailand as long as they are prostitutes and the police get their part in the business.

ThaiLadyboy.jpg

although I think the women were being a bit insensitive to local mores, does one then have to logically come to the conclusion that most Thai men must therefore regard partially clad women has an invitation to rape?

No, but if you were a woman would you take the chance?

Given current events, and the fact that they had no idea they were being watched, I figure the police did them a service.

Either way it appears they were being insolent especially given their surroundings.

I have always found it easier to treat any cop with respect, whether I respect their authority of not.

"Even the police do not say a law was broken....." policeman just tried to find a simple explanation. because some savages does not obey the law simply because it's the law.

Section 388 covers indecent exposure, do you think wearing your underwear indecently exposes skin? The same would apply for swim suits that expose the same skin wouldn't it? Did the policeman who saw it think it was indecent? It is a 500 baht fine, so if he thought so he should have done his job and fined them

Your second sentence seems to imply that that the law is flexible and it is at the discretion of the police, yet in other posts you seemed quite adamant that you have to obey all laws. Actually according to that i guess the policeman should be arrested too?

No matter how you try to dress it, the policeman made a judgement call that Thai men cannot be trusted not to rape women. If that isn't a damning indictment of "Thai Culture" i don't know what is.

FYI - Section 388:

Any person who performs such a disgraceful act in public by undressing himself, exhibiting his undressed person or committing any other act of obscenity shall be liable to a fine not exceeding five hundred baht.

Reading that I would assume it means removing all your clothes, but if I am wrong(its happened before) can you tell me at what point exactly removing clothes becomes indecent?

Patong-Lady-Boys-1.jpg

Right

No, it is a matter of context, "entertainment" zone vs national monument.

One would think it would not be difficult to differentiate.

although I think the women were being a bit insensitive to local mores, does one then have to logically come to the conclusion that most Thai men must therefore regard partially clad women has an invitation to rape?

Given current events, and the fact that they had no idea they were being watched, I figure the police did them a service.

Either way it appears they were being insolent especially given their surroundings.

I have always found it easier to treat any cop with respect, whether I respect their authority of not.

But if the cop thought they were in danger, shouldn't he done something about the danger?

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't sunbathe topless anywhere apart from the pool or beach......but technically they were not doing anything wrong and the people that were(or potentially were) were essentially protected by this policeman(protected from themselves).

I don;t think the cop did the wrong thing, he probably did the right thing for the wrong reasons.

If there is one thing the whole of the RTP could do to improve their image, it is not speak....ever. Everytime they open their mouths they dig a deeper hole for themselves. In a couple of days they will probably come out with another statement completely contradicting this one.

Patong-Lady-Boys-1.jpg

Right

I never seen such thing as ZONES in Thailand

You can have hookers anywhere as long as they paid the cops

But if the cop thought they were in danger, shouldn't he done something about the danger?

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't sunbathe topless anywhere apart from the pool or beach......but technically they were not doing anything wrong and the people that were(or potentially were) were essentially protected by this policeman(protected from themselves).

I don;t think the cop did the wrong thing, he probably did the right thing for the wrong reasons.

If there is one thing the whole of the RTP could do to improve their image, it is not speak....ever. Everytime they open their mouths they dig a deeper hole for themselves. In a couple of days they will probably come out with another statement completely contradicting this one.

They are only in danger if the cops don't do their job, ie protect the victim instead of harassing them.

But this protecting sexy ladies being free to do what they want, does not bring any money.

So they harass women until they pay for protection THEN they can do what they like.

As always its just a question of MONEY

you are just a guest here. the law of this country prohibits this kid of behavior. you can have two simple choices

1) obey the law

2) leave Thailand

as simple as that...

really - which law is that?

Section 388 of Thailand's Criminal Code

It must be a very special law that except prostitutes.whistling.gif

may be it's because you were in hooker zones only?

Here we are again police do right thing and get TV bashers telling them there wrong. I have never seen Thai ladies sunbathing in a public place in bra and pants. Police right to inform them of the dangers of this. Would it be a diffrent thing if falang man was sun bathing in his y front!!!!!!. Well done police

may be it's because you were in hooker zones only?

For someone who seemingly knows the law in Thailand, surely you know prostitution is illegal? And with your harsh approach to crime I would imagine you are campaigning everyday to have these law breakers brought to justice.

What other zones are there besides "Hooker Zones"? I'm curious as to other official names of zones.....

Here we are again police do right thing and get TV bashers telling them there wrong. I have never seen Thai ladies sunbathing in a public place in bra and pants. Police right to inform them of the dangers of this. Would it be a diffrent thing if falang man was sun bathing in his y front!!!!!!. Well done police

In fairness though, how often do you see Thai ladies sunbathing anywhere? Most tend to avoid the sun.

Wouldn't the right thing have been for the police to deal with the peeping toms and potential rapists?

Section 388 covers indecent exposure, do you think wearing your underwear indecently exposes skin? The same would apply for swim suits that expose the same skin wouldn't it? Did the policeman who saw it think it was indecent? It is a 500 baht fine, so if he thought so he should have done his job and fined them

Your second sentence seems to imply that that the law is flexible and it is at the discretion of the police, yet in other posts you seemed quite adamant that you have to obey all laws. Actually according to that i guess the policeman should be arrested too?

No matter how you try to dress it, the policeman made a judgement call that Thai men cannot be trusted not to rape women. If that isn't a damning indictment of "Thai Culture" i don't know what is.

FYI - Section 388:

Any person who performs such a disgraceful act in public by undressing himself, exhibiting his undressed person or committing any other act of obscenity shall be liable to a fine not exceeding five hundred baht.

Reading that I would assume it means removing all your clothes, but if I am wrong(its happened before) can you tell me at what point exactly removing clothes becomes indecent?

"Section 388 covers indecent exposure, do you think wearing your underwear indecently exposes skin?"

yes, indeed

"The same would apply for swim suits that expose the same skin wouldn't it? Did the policeman who saw it think it was indecent?" according to the law it's up to authorities to decide either its decent or indecent. and any foreigner should obey, because when he (or she) applied for visa he, according to international laws, accepted the authority of Thai government on Thai soil.

"so if he thought so he should have done his job and fined them" according to the law a policeman can give a warning instead of the fine. he did so and those two obeyed.

Archived