Foreign ladies sunbathing in undies not happy to have to cover up - but police say it was for their

rooster59

Here we are again police do right thing and get TV bashers telling them there wrong. I have never seen Thai ladies sunbathing in a public place in bra and pants. Police right to inform them of the dangers of this. Would it be a diffrent thing if falang man was sun bathing in his y front!!!!!!. Well done police

don't think too much - it's in nature of bitter Western sugar daddies - whining about everything whistling.gif

without this everyday exercise they feel there life incomplete.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Thailand it is perfectly acceptable for a dude to stop on the side of the road, flop out his dong and take a wiz.... but a girl can't sunbath in public... gotta love Thailand.. giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Man .... This reply is super epic ! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

"What law was broken?" again, Section 388 of Thailand's Criminal Code

"Even the police do not say a law was broken....." policeman just tried to find a simple explanation. because some savages does not obey the law simply because it's the law.

Section 388 covers indecent exposure, do you think wearing your underwear indecently exposes skin? The same would apply for swim suits that expose the same skin wouldn't it? Did the policeman who saw it think it was indecent? It is a 500 baht fine, so if he thought so he should have done his job and fined them

Your second sentence seems to imply that that the law is flexible and it is at the discretion of the police, yet in other posts you seemed quite adamant that you have to obey all laws. Actually according to that i guess the policeman should be arrested too?

No matter how you try to dress it, the policeman made a judgement call that Thai men cannot be trusted not to rape women. If that isn't a damning indictment of "Thai Culture" i don't know what is.

FYI - Section 388:

Any person who performs such a disgraceful act in public by undressing himself, exhibiting his undressed person or committing any other act of obscenity shall be liable to a fine not exceeding five hundred baht.

Reading that I would assume it means removing all your clothes, but if I am wrong(its happened before) can you tell me at what point exactly removing clothes becomes indecent?

"Section 388 covers indecent exposure, do you think wearing your underwear indecently exposes skin?"

yes, indeed

"The same would apply for swim suits that expose the same skin wouldn't it? Did the policeman who saw it think it was indecent?" according to the law it's up to authorities to decide either its decent or indecent. and any foreigner should obey, because when he (or she) applied for visa he, according to international laws, accepted the authority of Thai government on Thai soil.

"so if he thought so he should have done his job and fined them" according to the law a policeman can give a warning instead of the fine. he did so and those two obeyed.

Apparently the law decided it was decent but they should move anyway, that is pretty much exactly what happened. It is only you trying to say they broke the law with indecent exposure.....i haven't seen a single other person make that claim(not even the police).

The police only moved them on because of the threat of rapists, not because they were breaking the law(as you claimed).

You are right, people coming here do have an obligation to obey the law, but so do the people living here. The only actual people that were potentially breaking the law were the people the cop was warning them about......but he didn't do anything about them.

"Even the police do not say a law was broken....." policeman just tried to find a simple explanation. because some savages does not obey the law simply because it's the law.

Section 388 covers indecent exposure, do you think wearing your underwear indecently exposes skin? The same would apply for swim suits that expose the same skin wouldn't it? Did the policeman who saw it think it was indecent? It is a 500 baht fine, so if he thought so he should have done his job and fined them

Your second sentence seems to imply that that the law is flexible and it is at the discretion of the police, yet in other posts you seemed quite adamant that you have to obey all laws. Actually according to that i guess the policeman should be arrested too?

No matter how you try to dress it, the policeman made a judgement call that Thai men cannot be trusted not to rape women. If that isn't a damning indictment of "Thai Culture" i don't know what is.

FYI - Section 388:

Any person who performs such a disgraceful act in public by undressing himself, exhibiting his undressed person or committing any other act of obscenity shall be liable to a fine not exceeding five hundred baht.

Reading that I would assume it means removing all your clothes, but if I am wrong(its happened before) can you tell me at what point exactly removing clothes becomes indecent?

"Section 388 covers indecent exposure, do you think wearing your underwear indecently exposes skin?"

yes, indeed

"The same would apply for swim suits that expose the same skin wouldn't it? Did the policeman who saw it think it was indecent?" according to the law it's up to authorities to decide either its decent or indecent. and any foreigner should obey, because when he (or she) applied for visa he, according to international laws, accepted the authority of Thai government on Thai soil.

"so if he thought so he should have done his job and fined them" according to the law a policeman can give a warning instead of the fine. he did so and those two obeyed.

Apparently the law decided it was decent but they should move anyway, that is pretty much exactly what happened. It is only you trying to say they broke the law with indecent exposure.....i haven't seen a single other person make that claim(not even the police).

The police only moved them on because of the threat of rapists, not because they were breaking the law(as you claimed).

You are right, people coming here do have an obligation to obey the law, but so do the people living here. The only actual people that were potentially breaking the law were the people the cop was warning them about......but he didn't do anything about them.

again, according to the law, if the law is broken in some cases policeman can just give a warning. if he just gave a working it does not mean that the law was not broken.

FYI - Section 388:

yes, indeed

again, according to the law, if the law is broken in some cases policeman can just give a warning. if he just gave a working it does not mean that the law was not broken.

Again, according to him he did not give a warning for indecent exposure....he gave a waring that they could be in danger.

Again, you are the only one who has mentioned indecent exposure, nobody else has suggested the girls committed a crime. Are you now saying that they cop doesn't know what he is doing or saying because he doesn't agree with you?

So these ladies are at risk and should be told to cover up strait away???

Patong-Lady-Boys-1.jpg

in some low life areas it's tolerated. but in other parts of the country law enforcement is stronger.

and second thing these shorts are really short. but it's still not an underwear.

Right

So it's ok when it's prostitution and the police can have a part of the benefit

No, it is a matter of context, "entertainment" zone vs national monument.

One would think it would not be difficult to differentiate.

I never seen such thing as ZONES in Thailand

You can have hookers anywhere as long as they paid the cops

No, there is .... But from your answers and the pics you are posting here, i don't think you're interested in such places what so ever ... I mean national monuments !

So these ladies are at risk and should be told to cover up strait away???

Patong-Lady-Boys-1.jpg

in some low life areas it's tolerated. but in other parts of the country law enforcement is stronger.

and second thing these shorts are really short. but it's still not an underwear.

Right

So it's ok when it's prostitution and the police can have a part of the benefit

No, it is a matter of context, "entertainment" zone vs national monument.

One would think it would not be difficult to differentiate.

I never seen such thing as ZONES in Thailand

You can have hookers anywhere as long as they paid the cops

No, there is .... But from your answers and the pics you are posting here, i don't think you're interested in such places what so ever ... I mean national monuments !

Ayuthaya has a red district

And strangely no one is cracking down on it.

Its easier to harass Farangs.

Again, according to him he did not give a warning for indecent exposure....he gave a waring that they could be in danger.

Again, you are the only one who has mentioned indecent exposure, nobody else has suggested the girls committed a crime. Are you now saying that they cop doesn't know what he is doing or saying because he doesn't agree with you?

he gave a warning for indecent exposure. and explained why it's dangerous. if they would not break any rule or law - policeman would not come. his job is law enforcement only. not giving personal advises.

he gave a warning for indecent exposure. and explained why it's dangerous. if they would not break any rule or law - policeman would not come. his job is law enforcement only. not giving personal advises.

The cop never mentioned indecent exposure, he only mentioned the danger from the men in the trees. Here is the quote, the closest he comes is mentioning it was not proper attire for a park.....not a single mention of any law being broken and him giving them a warning, that is you taking creative license to try and shift blame on to the potential victims.

They even state he came because they had been alerted to a group of men who were peeping on them from the woods.....so again you are peddling fiction when you say he came because of the girls, he came(by their own admission) because of the potential rapists, then rather than do something about them told the girls to leave as they were in danger.

Perhaps you should re-read it:

The two ladies, aged about twenty, were sunning themselves in bras and panties in a public park near the historical ruins in Ayutthaya. A police patrol on bicycles in the area had been alerted as a group of men started eying them up in the wooded area of the park while other men were stopping on bikes to have a good gawk.

But when an officer approached the pair, that he thought were Europeans, they were most unhappy and unappreciative of his good intentions.

Pariphat Niamdaeng of the Ayutthaya police bicycle patrol division said: "We asked them to cover up because we were concerned for their safety. But they were not happy at being told at all and walked off dissatisfied.

"They didn't wait to listen to my explanation that that is a secluded area with lots of trees that could provide cover for people up to no good and could present a danger to them. It was also not proper attire in a public park. Female foreign tourists just don't seem to understand this point and that they might be placing themselves in a difficult position."

Let's be fair for a change??this is Thailand, it is not normal to sunbathe in your bikini in a public park.Girls may do that at home but this is not home.You must accept their rules and respect the culture too.If you don't like it lump it

except the policemn wasn't citing "cultural rules" was he? He was suggesting they might be sexually assaulted. Is it part of "Thai culture" that scantily clad women must be "gagging for it"?

I believe that that is exactly what their beloved leader, the silly little general, implied after the Koh Tao killings......

The cop never mentioned indecent exposure, he only mentioned the danger from the men in the trees. Here is the quote, the closest he comes is mentioning it was not proper attire for a park.....not a single mention of any law being broken and him giving them a warning, that is you taking creative license to try and shift blame on to the potential victims.

They even state he came because they had been alerted to a group of men who were peeping on them from the woods.....so again you are peddling fiction when you say he came because of the girls, he came(by their own admission) because of the potential rapists, then rather than do something about them told the girls to leave as they were in danger.

Perhaps you should re-read it:

The two ladies, aged about twenty, were sunning themselves in bras and panties in a public park near the historical ruins in Ayutthaya. A police patrol on bicycles in the area had been alerted as a group of men started eying them up in the wooded area of the park while other men were stopping on bikes to have a good gawk.

But when an officer approached the pair, that he thought were Europeans, they were most unhappy and unappreciative of his good intentions.

Pariphat Niamdaeng of the Ayutthaya police bicycle patrol division said: "We asked them to cover up because we were concerned for their safety. But they were not happy at being told at all and walked off dissatisfied.

"They didn't wait to listen to my explanation that that is a secluded area with lots of trees that could provide cover for people up to no good and could present a danger to them. It was also not proper attire in a public park. Female foreign tourists just don't seem to understand this point and that they might be placing themselves in a difficult position."

again, police does not take care of the cases where law breaking is not involved. this is just an article - not the policeman's quite.

"Here is the quote, the closest he comes is mentioning it was not proper attire for a park.." what is it if not an indecent exposure?

Those poor Policeman/men having to take 30 mins or more to explain (and perhaps breaking out in a sweat of excitement) because their English not good? gigglem.gif

But, rightly or wrongly, it is good advice for dumb-assed tourists who make no or seemingly little effort to understand local customs.

A simple rule: When in Rome do as the Romans do (like it or not). coffee1.gif

Yes, hold crazy parties, bugger each other and stab the depot leader in the back!! thumbsup.gif

you are just a guest here. the law of this country prohibits this kid of behavior. you can have two simple choices

1) obey the law

2) leave Thailand

as simple as that...

Drop this 'We are a guest in this country"

By no stretch of the imagination are we guests.

• Guests are invited
  • Guests are welcomed
  • Guests are not subjected to dual pricing
  • Guests don't have to jump through hoops just to stay here
  • Guests don't get coerced into paying bribes
  • Guests are not subjected to rules made up to suit the authorities
  • Guests would not be kicked out of the country on a whim
  • Guests would not have to pay taxes and immigration fees etc.

Would you treat your guests in such a way?

what an impudent post... you really made my day, man!

why should I drop the truth?

first of all guests should obey the law - either they like it or not.

"Guests are invited" not all. but those who obey rules. if you apply for a visa or stamp with a normal passport - you assume obligations to obey all laws of the country

"Guests are welcomed" again. not al - read the previous paragraph

"Guests are not subjected to dual pricing" who told you so? the host can set any price he wants. you either accept it or not

"Guests don't have to jump through hoops just to stay here" those "hoops" are rules. you either accept them or leave the country. nobody in Thailand needs your opinion about them. because the one an only goal of existence of Thai government is happiness of Thai citizen. not yours. you are allowed to be here not because you have any right to be here but as long as you benefit Thai society.

"Guests don't get coerced into paying bribes" foreigners pay bribes here to bypass the law. for example, if they want to have a work permit but can't afford real 4 Thai staff. so whats a problem - don't pay bribes. problem solved.

"Guests are not subjected to rules made up to suit the authorities" it's none of your business to suit whom these rules were "made up". it's a business of Thai people only. you either obey rules or leave the country for good.

"Guests would not be kicked out of the country on a whim" law violation by a foreigner is not an authorities "whim" at all

"Guests would not have to pay taxes and immigration fees etc." this is the best one! guest should and would pay every fee the host finds necessary. nobody in Thailand asks your opinion about this subject. you either accept it or go back to your wonderful homeland where you are not subjected to pay any fee.

We are VISITORS not guests!

Strangely no one is rushing to tell these ladies to cover up because they are in danger

68d4c440-7835-4375-a2a9-8862ae5d69e8_des

Maybe because they in a very public place not lying with eyes closed in a secluded public place. Two diffrent things and you know it

Silly girls. No manners.. Not a clue as to safety or offensive behavior in Thailand.

What about the fat, ugly, tattooed, shirtless scum that frequent Pattaya, among other places?

Calm down Possum, nobody's talking about you!!

thumbsup.gif

again, police does not take care of the cases where law breaking is not involved. this is just an article - not the policeman's quite.

"Here is the quote, the closest he comes is mentioning it was not proper attire for a park.." what is it if not an indecent exposure?

there are quite literally thousands of things that are "not proper attire for a park" that are not indecent, they are not symbiotic. I wouldn't think a suit is "proper attire" for a park, but I also wouldn't think it indecent.

This is Lumpini park near the religious site of Sri Mahamariamman temple

One would think it is not a decent outfit to wear near a temple or outside a park

Please someone call the cops... Wait the cops KNOW !

These are sex workers and cops get their tea money from them

606418.jpg

Law enforcement only eh? LMAO! Law enforcement is the last thing most RTP idiots do, it's mostly self enrichment and mafia-like enforcement.

Go easy on Khun Matt people, besides the asteroid sized chip on his dainty little shoulders, try to remember that he is also (almost certainly) a product of the pathetic Thai education system and thus does not know how to properly form an argument or question authority with any confidence at all.coffee1.gif

We are VISITORS not guests!

and you think changing the word changes everything?

no, it does not

Sorry, I was just using ENGLISH. There is a vast difference between a guest and a tourist/visitor.

Archived