Foreign ladies sunbathing in undies not happy to have to cover up - but police say it was for their

rooster59

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody owes you anything in Thailand. accept it.

I call BS on this one. If someone pays for service, then they are owed that service. And if that service benefits the tourist, then so be it. Nobody in their right mind would pay a Thai so he/she could just be a Thai.

I call BS on this one. If someone pays for service, then they are owed that service. And if that service benefits the tourist, then so be it. Nobody in their right mind would pay a Thai so he/she could just be a Thai.

if a tourist come here without money what he or she will get? nothing. do you know why? because nobody owes him (or her) anything in Thailand.

and if he will go back to his homeland without money - he will get free medical care, welfare money etc. because he is a citizen and his state owes him.

is it clear?

The sad truth here is that based on the behavior of some Thai men the police were correct; the women could have been in danger. This is especially true given that it appears that the way a woman is dressed is a legitimate defense against an assault or rape charge.

We are VISITORS not guests!

and you think changing the word changes everything?

no, it does not

Sorry, I was just using ENGLISH. There is a vast difference between a guest and a tourist/visitor.

either you are a guest, a visitor, a tourist or whatever - you must bey laws and rules of the country you are in - either you like them or not. nobody cares of what you think of them - because the one and only goal of national government is happiness and well-being if citizens. not guests or visitors.

if you can't accept laws and rules of the country where you are a guest or a visitor - just leave it and find another one. why it's so hard for you to understand this?

Matt, are you an officer of the law?

I took my Swedish Gf to the Russian River in Northern Ca. My family has a summer home there and I spent every summer there. We set up our towels and I went to buy some snacks....It was a busy weekend. On the way back hundreds of people were scrambling to the shore. I thought of a person either drowning or a heart attack. No.......it was her, naked with a police officer standing over her with a ticket book. Getting ready to issue her a citation for indecent exposure. The entire crowd booed. She got a warning. The warning worked for about an hour. Up until the point to where I had gotten the rental canoe into the current. All the other boats on the river beelined to ours.....

Sure she wasn't Danish as they got nude beaches in Denmark and Sweden doesn't...???

"One complained that foreign tourists were often suspicious of Thais' actions even though they are usually well intentioned."

And WHY????? because Thailand has this reputation and until this reputation is gone it will be there for now. It's too bad. Because in this case the cops were right.

I think:

The police officer observed the 2 girls sunbathing and he figured he wanted to get a much closer look at the 2 of them....being a man and all....so he figured the law and the fact that he is a law enforcer was a good reason to walk up to the 2 girls and get a closer look at them ( which he did ) and then politely ( we assume politely ) inform them that sunbathing in the park is not allowed. ...while gazing down at them in admiration....lol

The girls probably asked why??? while the officer probably tried to explain his reasoning ( in broken English most likely ) but the girls figured his reasoning was simply based on a police officer bothering them for some silly reason and not a legitimate reason.

So off they go in a huff thinking Thailand is no different from the country where they come from where the police are said to be out and about harassing the average citizen instead of catching the real criminals.

Just like an officer in say, Britain or America or Australia can walk up to you and tell you: There is no loitering here, please move on.

And if you argue with the police officer and refuse to move you may very well find yourself in an altercation with the police.

I surmise ,later on, the officer probably enjoyed telling his police buddies about his encounter with the 2 sunbathing foreigner girls while his buddies undoubtedly asked intimate questions and details about his enticing law enforcement encounter with the 2 nearly nude, fair skinned foreign girls.

Cheers

I find it interesting that the pics that are shown of Thai girls are all from RED LIGHT areas.

Show me a pic of them dressed like that in the str8 parts of Thailand. Let's say in front area of Lumpini park or in Chatuchak near the BTS. The I will think there is a double standard.

And this is coming from a country with hundreds of thousand of half naked bar girls and street walkers...

did any one said double standards here?......

Hundreds of thousands? Gimme a break.

Anyway, there would've been quite a storm if something had happened to those girls.

After being here three years and loving Thais, with all their faults, I now realize that plenty of Westerners are trapped here, mainly for financial reasons. Of course, they are the most vocal Thai-bashers, and I used to think, Why don't these geezers just leave? Now I realize they can't.

"Three years" and at the stage of loving Thais with all their faults. Did he post in the Do You Wish You Were Thai? thread yet? Let's hope he gets in there before the next stage sets in....

Well done policemen! At least we have a picture and can evaluate if geeking would be ok or not.....555555..... no seriously these two chicks have an IQ and EQ of below 80. When you go to a foreign country you look at what the locals do before you take such liberties especially in regards of women exposing themselves. No sympathy whatsoever for these two idiots.

I always surprised which type of europaens turn up here...once in kho phangan i saw hundreds of 12 to14 y. Old white kids theyr faces as stupid looking as possible ...later i doscovered they where up for a drug party...

Haha..scarlet...I am talking in general and most definitely not describing what the girls werer wearing as No one gad seen their picture Dude.....the pic published is not theirs either...stop drinking LEO

I think:

The police officer observed the 2 girls sunbathing and he figured he wanted to get a much closer look at the 2 of them....being a man and all....so he figured the law and the fact that he is a law enforcer was a good reason to walk up to the 2 girls and get a closer look at them ( which he did ) and then politely ( we assume politely ) inform them that sunbathing in the park is not allowed. ...while gazing down at them in admiration....lol

The girls probably asked why??? while the officer probably tried to explain his reasoning ( in broken English most likely ) but the girls figured his reasoning was simply based on a police officer bothering them for some silly reason and not a legitimate reason.

So off they go in a huff thinking Thailand is no different from the country where they come from where the police are said to be out and about harassing the average citizen instead of catching the real criminals.

Just like an officer in say, Britain or America or Australia can walk up to you and tell you: There is no loitering here, please move on.

And if you argue with the police officer and refuse to move you may very well find yourself in an altercation with the police.

I surmise ,later on, the officer probably enjoyed telling his police buddies about his encounter with the 2 sunbathing foreigner girls while his buddies undoubtedly asked intimate questions and details about his enticing law enforcement encounter with the 2 nearly nude, fair skinned foreign girls.

Cheers

probably the most likely scenario.

you are just a guest here. the law of this country prohibits this kid of behavior. you can have two simple choices

1) obey the law

2) leave Thailand

as simple as that...

Drop this 'We are a guest in this country"

By no stretch of the imagination are we guests.

• Guests are invited
  • Guests are welcomed
  • Guests are not subjected to dual pricing
  • Guests don't have to jump through hoops just to stay here
  • Guests don't get coerced into paying bribes
  • Guests are not subjected to rules made up to suit the authorities
  • Guests would not be kicked out of the country on a whim
  • Guests would not have to pay taxes and immigration fees etc.

Would you treat your guests in such a way?

Here here, am so tired of hearing the whole we are guests speech by those who overlook all what is wrong with Thailand at the moment. If the women are in a public area or on hallowed ground, then yes they should show manners and good taste. At the same time, if they are not, they should just be left alone. It was good that the police were worried about their safety, but they should skip the judgment speech if it is not necessary.

who you think you are to tell Royal Thai Police what they should do? lol what a white supremacy impudence!

Thai police considered those actions as law violation. and nobody cares if you agree with that or not. you are a guest here and have absolutely no right to impose your point of view.

"you are a guest here and have absolutely no right to impose your point of view."

Did you even read HHTel's post? Which is the post directly preceding yours!

Imagine that... nowadays it's "feminist entitlement" to demand to not get raped.

not just that but: "I am a woman so I can do anything I want without regard on other people feelings, laws and traditions, and if I will be raped - it will be the fault of these people. not mine"

Just keep digging that hole...

it's dug to the bottom already - total lack of personal responsibility. "if something happens to me - it's never my own fault, but always- someone's else."

millions of infantile parasites in the West live with the same philosophy.

Do you have the same view of children getting raped? Or is it somehow "different" then?

Imagine that... nowadays it's "feminist entitlement" to demand to not get raped.

not just that but: "I am a woman so I can do anything I want without regard on other people feelings, laws and traditions, and if I will be raped - it will be the fault of these people. not mine"

it's dug to the bottom already - total lack of personal responsibility. "if something happens to me - it's never my own fault, but always- someone's else."

Do you have the same view of children getting raped? Or is it somehow "different" then?

children are very different! children are incapacitated by law. they can't make decisions for themselves.

"main goal" means that if there is a choice governments should follow this goal. if a decision can make citizens and visitors happier - ok, no problem. but if not - happiness of citizens is more important.

guests, visitors, and tourists can stay in Thailand as long as they benefit Thai citizens. and should be deported if they are useless for Thai society or if they make harm.

if you are not agree with that - it's just your personal wishful thinking. nobody in Thailand care of it.

Of course, so long as Thai's can make money off foreigners they can come(and be raped) but if not they are not welcome. So now we come to the actual opinion you hold on anyone not Thai(odd with an Anglo name like Matt) and that nobody cares for their opinion. If that is the case why are you talking to a foreigner?

Or what happens to a Thai who is useless for Thai society or makes harm? Maybe people like the ones lurking in the bushes.

"Of course, so long as Thai's can make money off foreigners they can come(and be raped) but if not they are not welcome."

exactly! foreigners can be let in only if they benefit Thai people. because Thai government works for Thai people benefit only. not yours

"So now we come to the actual opinion you hold on anyone not Thai(odd with an Anglo name like Matt) and that nobody cares for their opinion."

I respect all people from all over the world. but "respect" does not mean that Thai society should work for them. they should work for Thai society if they want to come to Thailand. same as if I want to come to Australia, for example - I should make myself useful for Aussie society

why it's so hard to understand? because if left-wing "entitlement" ideas. I know.

"Or what happens to a Thai who is useless for Thai society or makes harm?" citizens of Thailand have a right to be useless. because they are citizens. and if they cause harm - there attitude should be adjusted. and if it's not possible - they should be isolated.

You are quoting perfect examples of what is wrong with Thailand and its "Thainess".

In fact your first statement is actually very insulting to the memory of Hannah Witheridge, who was a visitor to your country and spending money here, was raped and killed here, yet you say "you respect all people from all over the world" - absolute codswallop (I would use stronger language than that given a choice)

As for the rest of your post, you are merely endorsing what many posters on here have already said about you and some of your countrymen and your "Thainess". You don't like tourists, but you are perfectly willing to take their money, and your Government goes to great lengths to attract tourists here because of the revenue that it brings, So you are, in fact, disagreeing with your Government, so it seems to me that YOU are the one that is in need of attitude adjustment!!!

western women cause trouble with their arrogant sense of feminist entitlement in Asia.

Agreed!

Last holiday weekend I went to Kho Tao and as unbelievable as it may seem. There were 2 girls sunbathing topless on the beach who were from Holland. When I confronted them about the dangers they were putting themselves into by showing their breasts they actually seemed not to care and completely ignored the gaping mouths of several Thai men staring at them from a distance.

Of course, should they have been raped and killed there, they should hold some responsibility for their lack of concern at a place that has become well known for bad things to happen to foreigners.

Absolute twaddle! So if I come and smack you in the mouth for no reason, it's your fault? Gotcha!

western women cause trouble with their arrogant sense of feminist entitlement in Asia.

Agreed!

Last holiday weekend I went to Kho Tao and as unbelievable as it may seem. There were 2 girls sunbathing topless on the beach who were from Holland. When I confronted them about the dangers they were putting themselves into by showing their breasts they actually seemed not to care and completely ignored the gaping mouths of several Thai men staring at them from a distance.

Of course, should they have been raped and killed there, they should hold some responsibility for their lack of concern at a place that has become well known for bad things to happen to foreigners.

"a place that has become well known for bad things to happen to foreigners."

So why go there?

"main goal" means that if there is a choice governments should follow this goal. if a decision can make citizens and visitors happier - ok, no problem. but if not - happiness of citizens is more important.

guests, visitors, and tourists can stay in Thailand as long as they benefit Thai citizens. and should be deported if they are useless for Thai society or if they make harm.

if you are not agree with that - it's just your personal wishful thinking. nobody in Thailand care of it.

Of course, so long as Thai's can make money off foreigners they can come(and be raped) but if not they are not welcome. So now we come to the actual opinion you hold on anyone not Thai(odd with an Anglo name like Matt) and that nobody cares for their opinion. If that is the case why are you talking to a foreigner?

Or what happens to a Thai who is useless for Thai society or makes harm? Maybe people like the ones lurking in the bushes.

"Of course, so long as Thai's can make money off foreigners they can come(and be raped) but if not they are not welcome."

exactly! foreigners can be let in only if they benefit Thai people. because Thai government works for Thai people benefit only. not yours

"So now we come to the actual opinion you hold on anyone not Thai(odd with an Anglo name like Matt) and that nobody cares for their opinion."

I respect all people from all over the world. but "respect" does not mean that Thai society should work for them. they should work for Thai society if they want to come to Thailand. same as if I want to come to Australia, for example - I should make myself useful for Aussie society

why it's so hard to understand? because if left-wing "entitlement" ideas. I know.

"Or what happens to a Thai who is useless for Thai society or makes harm?" citizens of Thailand have a right to be useless. because they are citizens. and if they cause harm - there attitude should be adjusted. and if it's not possible - they should be isolated.

You are quoting perfect examples of what is wrong with Thailand and its "Thainess".

In fact your first statement is actually very insulting to the memory of Hannah Witheridge, who was a visitor to your country and spending money here, was raped and killed here, yet you say "you respect all people from all over the world" - absolute codswallop (I would use stronger language than that given a choice)

As for the rest of your post, you are merely endorsing what many posters on here have already said about you and some of your countrymen and your "Thainess". You don't like tourists, but you are perfectly willing to take their money, and your Government goes to great lengths to attract tourists here because of the revenue that it brings, So you are, in fact, disagreeing with your Government, so it seems to me that YOU are the one that is in need of attitude adjustment!!!

what a perfect bunch of manipulations!

"You are quoting perfect examples of what is wrong with Thailand and its "Thainess". " who told you that Thais care of what you think is wrong with Thailand and Thainess? the amount of tourists keep rising - either you like it or not. and even you, it seems to me, are still here. lol

"In fact your first statement is actually very insulting to the memory of Hannah Witheridge" what exactly? my statement that actions cause repercussions? do you know what is really insulting to the memory of Hannah Witherbirdge? the fact that you used her name for a dirty blatant manipulation.

"You don't like tourists, but you are perfectly willing to take their money," I or anyone else does not have to like tourists. just make good conditions for them to stay. and Thai people does this very well - regarding that the amount of tourist keeps rising year by year. and if some left-liberal over-sensitive farangs in this flow will be replaced by Chinese - it's even better. much better.

At least, Chinese en masse don't have such a passion for prostitutes, alcoholic debauch and intravenous drugs. whistling.gif

Absolute twaddle! So if I come and smack you in the mouth for no reason, it's your fault? Gotcha!

Nope, that would be your fault

and manipulation again! it's not my fault because I had no possibility to prevent it. but If you left your house and left the door open - it your fault that the house was robbed. if you leave your wallet on the park bench - it would be your fault that somebody took it.

and manipulation again! it's not my fault because I had no possibility to prevent it. but If you left your house and left the door open - it your fault that the house was robbed. if you leave your wallet on the park bench - it would be your fault that somebody took it.

Manipulation AGAIN? Your own words speak for themselves - if you don't want to be quoted on them, choose them a bit more carefully. Might I suggest :-

"if something UNEXPECTED happens to me - it's never my own fault, but always- someone's else."

And as for :- "millions of infantile parasites in the West live with the same philosophy."

Once again, I think you should choose your words a bit more carefully - that statement might be considered deliberately inflammatory, and a breach of Forum Rules

So if this (what is pictured) is classified Indecent Exposure... Then 85% of the Thai Female, I would say under the age of 40... Would also be subject to same rules! When they ride their Motorcycles and sure they have top on... but you can see whether or not they are wearing Bra... Color of bra... Read label telling us the size and cup.. Plus now shorts so short they could be classified as a Thong... As they slide on and off Bike you can either see or come within 1-2 Centimeters of viewing the crack of their Axx.....

This is everywhere! And this is okay???

Or is what Government wants is to see a Camel Toe the size of a Queensize Mattress (folded twice...) Then they would accuse males of littering as we Puke everywhere...

I know I am going to be rebuffed on this so I spent a week (last week... in the Heat) counting Bikes who fell in this category. As I drank coffee and smoked I counted between 0745 hrs and 1000 hrs. ( spent 1 hr at a time with breaks in between) a total of 230 bikes each day. of these 180 fit this classification! (some even spreading legs wider as they saw my looking. 30 bikes were Farangs and did not fit this style of dress. Everyone of these bike riders was Thai! This is even an issue as you go shopping at every mall or shopping center in every major city here!!! You can put the Granny Pants issue to rest, as they are it seems being shelved! Short Dresses? Just Bikini Underwear... Or Thong!

There is another issue... as in Village where I have Orchard 80% of the Ladies (all ages) seem to prefer the Long dress and no Top. If they need to Pee they do same as their Male... pull up dress (no underware)...Squat... Pee and on with their work... Actually this is the most Beautiful Village... Everyone is Tanned as You would expect Thai to be! No crime... No rape or any sexual issues. No shame in hiding from me or anyone else. It is Natural... Thai... Custom! Has been this way over 60 years here... With no Problems!

Only ones to make problems it seems are Government...

I watched a Video where a man went into store to buy product... he ended up buying a pair of knives and a drink. Store video showed... he left store as a Thai Woman entered... Video showed a Thai Policeman outside door. Man who had left with Knives reentered store and proceeded to Stab (Multiple times) woman, ending up killing her. All the while the Thai Police stood in Doorway watching all this happen on floor in front of him! Never doing anything to stop the attack!

Thus People say Thai's are not capable of killing anyone? I think it is a mindset here... Level of Intelligence here. Has nothing to do with Dress Code! If Government is saying not to dress in Sexy style... I am sure the Ladies who article is about could show "What Sexy... Really is!" This was not!

I think Thailand needs to tighten up on Thai dress codes then..... Visitors might see a reason to do same.

Archived