Suvarnabhumi Airport - do I need to have a print out of my itinerary?

Suvarnabhumi Airport security - do I need to have a print out of my itinerary, for international flight out of Bangkok?

Or can I just go straight to the airline check in counter, give them my passport and tell them my online Confirmation Number? So hopefully airline staff will issue my boarding pass without any problems...

do I need to have a print out of my itinerary, for international flight out of Bangkok?

No, but a print-out of your e-ticket would be helpful.

can I just go straight to the airline check in counter, give them my passport and tell them my online Confirmation Number?

Yes, but I have found that a print-out of the e-ticket confirmation to be good. Your mileage may vary

I haven't done more than produce my passport for years. I do always have the booking email and flight record locator on my phone, but I've never needed to show it.

Caveat: this is with proper airlines, not local discount carriers.

whistling.gif itinerary not required.

Your data is in the computer database.

But, as for me. i am an old "Dinosaur".....my personal preference is to have paper in hand even if not required.

i also carry my passport witn me at all times.....just an old "dinosaur".

Suvarnabhumi Airport security

What does that have to do with "Suvarnabhumi Airport security"?

It's strictly a matter of the airline you fly with. Check-in.

No need for side blows.

Can not remember when having last seen Thai people queuing at Thai Smile or Air Asia with more than their ID card and mobile phone at hand.

At Thai Smile I put my passport on the desk and that's it.

I have the booking details on my phone but no one cares.

At the free shuttle bus from Suv. to Don Mueang I show the booking on the phone.

(BTW: the free shuttle bus IS one of the occasions where you need to show more than just your passport, they want to see the

flight. no.)

But even overall I join the dinosaur fraction and have a printed sheet at hand.

Better argument when the check-in computer says "not found".

No need for side blows.

Can not remember when having last seen Thai people queuing at Thai Smile or Air Asia with more than their ID card and mobile phone at hand.

At the free shuttle bus from Suv. to Don Mueang I show the booking on the phone.

(BTW: the free shuttle bus IS one of the occasions where you need to show more than just your passport, they want to see the

flight. no.)

You must not travel much. Many airports require you to show a 'ticket' to security before you can even enter the building to check in.

No need for side blows.

Side blows? Hardly. Just pointing out that my comments related to proper full-service airlines.

Last I heard (not that I ever travel with either) Easyjet and RyanAir both expect you to have a boarding pass with you when you get to the airport, and if you dont have it they make your life a misery or charge you extra or both. They are both "local discount carriers" as far as I'm concerned. You may have a different opinion.

No need for side blows.

flight. no.)

You must not travel much. Many airports require you to show a 'ticket' to security before you can even enter the building to check in.

I travel a lot. Through a lot of different airports. I cannot remember the last time an airport required a paper itinerary to enter the building.

Just curious: where have you experienced that recently?

No need for side blows.

flight. no.)

I travel a lot. Through a lot of different airports. I cannot remember the last time an airport required a paper itinerary to enter the building.

India. All airports. If you don't have it, they will check for your name on passenger lists they have at the entrances.

But in Thailand, no, it isn't needed.

You no longer need a printed itinerary in Manila, at least at Terminal 1 for the past few years. Sometimes the guard at the departures entrance will ask (but not recently) when they check your passport on the way in; however, if you do not have a printout, they just ask "which flight" and on you go.

India. All airports. If you don't have it, they will check for your name on passenger lists they have at the entrances.

But in Thailand, no, it isn't needed.

So far i know, India is the only country which requires a printed ticket for entering the building.

That was not my experience departing from Denpasar last week. There was a guard in front of the entrance to check-in (after entering the airport) asking if we had a printout. Told him we did not have one – he asked which flight. Told him TG to Bangkok and he said OK. I should add that this was the case with more than half the people I saw pass through in front of us.

Same as in Manila...no printout required.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived