Who is Benz driver who fled fatal accident scene?

rooster59

Who is Benz driver who fled fatal accident scene?

attachicon.gif------------------------------------7.jpg

Image: Spring News

CHIANG MAI: Mystery surrounds the driver of the Mercedes Benz that is alleged to have caused the death of two Thai women in Chiang Mai on Wednesday night.

While a passport in the name of Simon Wellings, a 45 year old British national was found in the wreckage, there are now reports that the driver may be either Australian or German.

The driver of the destroyed vehicle managed to get out and flee the scene while two women lay dead on the Chiang Mai - Doi Saket road after a collision threw them out of their pick-up.

Spring News in Chiang Mai reported that a German national had contacted police to say that he would be coming in Saturday to explain matters. He told police that the passport was his friend's not his. He has not yet said whether he was the driver of the car.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail in England reported that the police were after a friend of the man mentioned in the passport. That friend was an Australian, they said.

They reported that many items were found in the car along with the passport including a laptop, Chinese money, sunglasses, surgical equipment, many credit cards and a phone.

The Daily Mail quoted San Sai police officer Pongsak Reuankaew as saying: "When we saw the state of the wreckage of the Benz we were surprised that anyone could get out."

Patarathorn Intajak and Chanthiang Changprakop were killed in the accident that police said occurred when the Benz rear ended their Isuzu pick-up. A Mitsubishi that went into the pick-up afterwards resulted in minor injuries for the driver.

Source: Spring News/Thairath

tvn.png

-- 2016-05-14

His name is: "A one way air ticket is fine, thank you."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if the feature is available on cars in Thailand yet, but the trend in USA now is for cars to be able to stop on their own before hitting something or someone. Sensors relay to the brakes that something is in the path and automatically stop the car.

Bang goes my suicide plan
Bang, DOESN'T go your suicide plan.

Well my Merc's first aid kit under drivers seat has:

1 triangular bandadge

2 small bandage dressings

2 large II II

1 pair stainless steel scissors

1 space blanket

1 resuscitation mask/shield

2 pair disposable surgical gloves

4 x sealed alchol wipes

1 Bio-hazard bag

So maybe once strewn around a smashed up Merc could be construed as medical equipment

So a foreigner drivers learned from the Thais how to do a runner fleeing the scenes of a fatal accident,

it seems that this story has a lot more into it than meet the eye, what ever the outcome are,

the driver should face the music and take full responsibly.....

You are a racist piece of dog vomit who attempts to drag blame and degrade Thais when they are not anywhere near being at fault. Grow up.

So a foreigner drivers learned from the Thais how to do a runner fleeing the scenes of a fatal accident,

it seems that this story has a lot more into it than meet the eye, what ever the outcome are,

You are a racist piece of dog vomit who attempts to drag blame and degrade Thais when they are not anywhere near being at fault. Grow up.

They don't seem to mention whether the names on all the credit cards found are the same; whether or not they match the name on the passport found; and to whom the car is registered. Pretty simple questions. If they are all the same, then that points in one direction, but if they are all different, perhaps it is stolen loot and perhaps the driver was not foreign at all?

Hate to mention this guys. But has anyone noticed that in this spate of car accidents involving Benzes the last few months, the Benz drivers have always got off uninjured? This is possibly the best kind of noir advertising the brand can get. This article has actually made my mind up for me. I know which car i am definitely buying next.

"So a foreigner drivers learned from the Thais how to do a runner ..."

Unbelievable. Someone had to come to Thailand to learn how to run away from a road accident. No farang would just decide for himself that he had just screwed up big time and mindlessly decide to run first and think later?? It's amazing how some people are so bigoted that no matter what happens they have to rush forward to post some nonsense & slip in a little Thai bashing.

Is there anything that happens in the world that can't be blamed on Thais? Does that mean the thousands of hit and runs in Britain alone only happen because those drivers came to Thailand first to learn how it was done?

The research comes as instances of drivers failing to stop appear to be on the rise. According to the MIB, hit and run drivers have become a more serious problem on Britain’s roads than those driving without insurance.

The MIB's figures are backed up by official data. According to the Department for Transport, the number of accidents involving a vehicle that fled the scene have soared to a three-year high of 16,667 in 2014, the latest year for which figures are available, compared with 15,390 in 2013 and 15,662 in 2012.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/hit-and-run-incidents-on-the-incease/

Absolutely concur Suradit. I am sick and tired of the ludicrous Thai bashing I read on this website. I simply wonder what sort of world or environment these brainless idiots inhabit. Obviously nothing that resembles any sort of normality or reason. I do wish the controllers on here, or whatever they're called, could block them from writing such drivel with its racist overtones. Surely this goes beyond 'free speech' and in any other jurisdiction would be banned because of its blatant racism and indeed, if aimed at named individuals, would be deemed libellous.

Don't know if the feature is available on cars in Thailand yet, but the trend in USA now is for cars to be able to stop on their own before hitting something or someone. Sensors relay to the brakes that something is in the path and automatically stop the car.

No that self-stopping future is not available on cars in Thailand. It has been around for a few years now and should be on every car rolling off the assembly line, but it isn't. Maybe certain people involved in world overpopulation are in the way because it would cut down on people being killed in car accidents and so reduce overpopulation. There is also available an electronic device to stop tailgating by momentarily shutting off the fuel to the engine. Also a device that Must be on every vehicle sold in Thailand, but isn't.

These systems sound fantastic... So I had a quick look on the web.

Info there suggests that whilst slow speed collisions can be almost avoided, high speed collisions are another matter, with but 40% of braking automatically applied, whilst the system prepares for full braking by driver... And in some instances, were the smart car detects collision avoidance attempts, they will cancel the e braking function

Also, manufacturers acknowledge that there are factors which will negatively effect the feature, like dirty sensors ( mud on sensors... Bugs on sensors.) , So the feature is far from infallible.

Articles also state that these systems cannot be retro fitted, but must instead be installed at purchase... So they go in new cars only

This technology is available in Thailand.... But worryingly, despite research that claims that fatalities can be reduced by up to 25% (not eliminated), Thai drivers are opting not to pay for the safety feature, in favor of bling features like better paint jobs, flashy lights and improved tunes. (Even in hire car fleets)

I may have been looking at old data reports, and I do acknowledge that these features may have improved, but importantly, manufactures insist that this system is only an assistance to the driver, who is ultimately responsible.

Hope this is enlightening... Cheers.

Absolutely concur Suradit. I am sick and tired of the ludicrous Thai bashing I read on this website. I simply wonder what sort of world or environment these brainless idiots inhabit. Obviously nothing that resembles any sort of normality or reason. I do wish the controllers on here, or whatever they're called, could block them from writing such drivel with its racist overtones. Surely this goes beyond 'free speech' and in any other jurisdiction would be banned because of its blatant racism and indeed, if aimed at named individuals, would be deemed libellous.

It would be interesting if someone would do a study on the subject .

Some people seem to have a similar attitude towards Thais as prisoners have about prison officers

No that self-stopping future is not available on cars in Thailand. It has been around for a few years now and should be on every car rolling off the assembly line, but it isn't. Maybe certain people involved in world overpopulation are in the way because it would cut down on people being killed in car accidents and so reduce overpopulation. There is also available an electronic device to stop tailgating by momentarily shutting off the fuel to the engine. Also a device that Must be on every vehicle sold in Thailand, but isn't.

These systems sound fantastic... So I had a quick look on the web.

Info there suggests that whilst slow speed collisions can be almost avoided, high speed collisions are another matter, with but 40% of braking automatically applied, whilst the system prepares for full braking by driver... And in some instances, were the smart car detects collision avoidance attempts, they will cancel the e braking function

Also, manufacturers acknowledge that there are factors which will negatively effect the feature, like dirty sensors ( mud on sensors... Bugs on sensors.) , So the feature is far from infallible.

Articles also state that these systems cannot be retro fitted, but must instead be installed at purchase... So they go in new cars only

This technology is available in Thailand.... But worryingly, despite research that claims that fatalities can be reduced by up to 25% (not eliminated), Thai drivers are opting not to pay for the safety feature, in favor of bling features like better paint jobs, flashy lights and improved tunes. (Even in hire car fleets)

I may have been looking at old data reports, and I do acknowledge that these features may have improved, but importantly, manufactures insist that this system is only an assistance to the driver, who is ultimately responsible.

Hope this is enlightening... Cheers.

Why pay out for these safety features, when all they need is, a Luk Thep doll, or an overpriced amulet ?

Some people seem to have a similar attitude towards Thais as prisoners have about prison officers

Really.

These misfits act like they are being held here against their will.

Or the attitude prison officers have against prisoners ?

Why pay out for these safety features, when all they need is, a Luk Thep doll, or an overpriced amulet ?

Maybe the farang driver had an over price cross from a famous church?

All farang can go and get it and drive around wildly and avoid accident dead.

Having a realistic view of Thais is not racist. You two must also be of the opinion that it is NEVER OK to generalize about anything -- that's downright evil, that is... and probably racist as well. facepalm.gif

Hate to mention this guys. But has anyone noticed that in this spate of car accidents involving Benzes the last few months, the Benz drivers have always got off uninjured? This is possibly the best kind of noir advertising the brand can get. This article has actually made my mind up for me. I know which car i am definitely buying next.

If they weren't so expensive here, I would probably do the same. Approximately one year ago witnessed a large Mercedes sedan run a red light at San Dek intersection. The car was heading east on Kaeo Nawarat Rd towards San Sai. Was on my motorbike waiting at the front of traffic to turn onto Kaeo Nawarat. I never jump the green light and actually take the time to check if the intersection is clear before I go. After a quick check I started to make the turn onto Kaeo Nawarat Rd from the Superhighway service Rd, when incredibly I noticed the big Merc approaching the intersection at high speed. He narrowly missed another motorbike lost control and smashed into a concrete barrier at the base of the police box on the SE corner of the intersection.

When I saw a teenage or twenty something hipster climb out I felt like strangling him. Stuck around for 10 minutes to make sure the driver didn't flee the scene and offer myself as a witness to the police. Not surprised, but very reckless driving because that side of the intersection would have had a solid red light for at least 4 seconds (if not more) before he even entered the intersection.

Having a realistic view of Thais is not racist. You two must also be of the opinion that it is NEVER OK to generalize about anything -- that's downright evil, that is... and probably racist as well. facepalm.gif

But when people view Thais with so much disdain and criticise everything and anything you have to wonder where this mentality originates from .

They view all Thais as being dishonest , cheaters , liars and corrupt .

There are many honest decent hard working Thais out there .

People who only associate with bar girls will not see the other side to Thailand .

Normal Thais view bargirls with the same contempt as their customers .

The question that needs to be asked is where did your generalisations come from ?

If you leave the scene of an accident (hit and run) then there is a reason for that. Could be a myriad of things. The amount of people who drive in Thailand illegally is very high. This applies to Thais and foreigners alike. Drink, drugs, carrying stolen goods, no driving licence or insurance etc etc. The ease to just buy your way out of trouble means there is no real deterent to break the law and seriously endanger your and other peoples lives.

You left out the main reason, people do a runner because they don't want to be beaten to death by an angry mob of rabid retards.

You'd think that Thais would STOP riding around in the back of pickups but, sadly, I guess not.

Of course they won't stop this. A certain number of them will die due to this behaviour.

It's simple cause and effect really. Stupid actions lead to death, this is well accepted and nobody cares about it including the government / police who allow it to happen everywhere, every day and all the time.

http://bfy.tw/5lOa

So it seems studies have been done - with the unsurprising findings that those who spend frequent large daily amounts of time online making numerous posts on forums - such as the faction of retired, curmudgeonly and bigoted posters on this forum with thousands of posts to their names, are most likely just trolls possessed of narcissistic and sadistic personalties, along with possible psychopathic disorders.

There are three ways of dealing with them - other posters should simply ignore them, report them, or forum moderators should close their accounts. Of course in the final case it is only too easy for the troll to create a new email account and rejoin. But it does seem to be the case on this forum that rules regarding posting seem to be overlooked when it comes to anti-Thai rhetoric, whereas poking a bit of harmless 'tongue in cheek fun' at western nationalities will earn you a suspension - quite likely as this post will for even daring to mention moderation. However to be fair I have found that in all cases of posts that I have bothered to report as being in breach of rule 11, moderators have acted quickly in removing the offending post. So if you are getting sick and tired of the endless Thai bashing then just take a few moments to click the report button - and don't forget to include the post # number as the report only links the mod to the entire page.

But when people view Thais with so much disdain and criticise everything and anything you have to wonder where this mentality originates from .

They view all Thais as being dishonest , cheaters , liars and corrupt .

There are many honest decent hard working Thais out there .

People who only associate with bar girls will not see the other side to Thailand .

Normal Thais view bargirls with the same contempt as their customers .

The question that needs to be asked is where did your generalisations come from ?

My generalizations come from my experience - and also to a certain extent from my friends' experiences in Thailand. Newspapers and the Internet also play a part. I think this is true for everyone, so I don't really understand your question.

Archived