Who is Benz driver who fled fatal accident scene?

rooster59

Absolutely concur Suradit. I am sick and tired of the ludicrous Thai bashing I read on this website. I simply wonder what sort of world or environment these brainless idiots inhabit. Obviously nothing that resembles any sort of normality or reason. I do wish the controllers on here, or whatever they're called, could block them from writing such drivel with its racist overtones. Surely this goes beyond 'free speech' and in any other jurisdiction would be banned because of its blatant racism and indeed, if aimed at named individuals, would be deemed libellous.

It would be interesting if someone would do a study on the subject .

Some people seem to have a similar attitude towards Thais as prisoners have about prison officers

http://bfy.tw/5lOa

So it seems studies have been done - with the unsurprising findings that those who spend frequent large daily amounts of time online making numerous posts on forums - such as the faction of retired, curmudgeonly and bigoted posters on this forum with thousands of posts to their names, are most likely just trolls possessed of narcissistic and sadistic personalties, along with possible psychopathic disorders.

There are three ways of dealing with them - other posters should simply ignore them, report them, or forum moderators should close their accounts. Of course in the final case it is only too easy for the troll to create a new email account and rejoin. But it does seem to be the case on this forum that rules regarding posting seem to be overlooked when it comes to anti-Thai rhetoric, whereas poking a bit of harmless 'tongue in cheek fun' at western nationalities will earn you a suspension - quite likely as this post will for even daring to mention moderation. However to be fair I have found that in all cases of posts that I have bothered to report as being in breach of rule 11, moderators have acted quickly in removing the offending post. So if you are getting sick and tired of the endless Thai bashing then just take a few moments to click the report button - and don't forget to include the post # number as the report only links the mod to the entire page.

The fourth way of dealing with it is to find another forum, one where everyone agrees with your viewpoint.

I am not a Thai basher, but I will criticise someone in a thread, whatever race, if I think they are in the wrong.

Example, 'Ladyboy steals from Indian man at 3.00am, on Beach Road'.

Now, the action of the ladyboy is a common occurrence, and this type of thing is reported several times a week on TV.

So I make a comment criticising the ladyboy, in your eyes, I am a Thai basher, so that, quite appropriate comment, should be reported, and I should get a ban ?

On the other hand, I criticise the Indian, because, in my opinion, walking on Beach Road at that hour is dangerous, and choosing to engage with a ladyboy, makes matters worse. So now, in your eyes, I am racist, should be reported, and I should get a ban ?

I cannot believe your post, most people's opinion would be 'Thaivisa is not compulsory', if all the comments are not to your liking, log off, find one that agrees with all your viewpoints, it can't be difficult.

I would also think, judging by the time of your post, that you probably don't even live here full time ?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the law aloud you to leave the accident for your safety but have to be at a police station within 1 hour this would make things better ,also should be blood / alcohol and drug tests ,no exceptions if someone is injured

Brilliant, but if your car is smashed up, how do you make the 1 hour deadline if in a rural area?

Who timestamps the collision time (honest Nok, the drunk motorcycle taxi driver)?

Injure/kill an important person and you really think your 'test' will be accurate?

This isn't home, new place= old rules.

Hit the rear end? Those women were sitting in the bed????

Who fled the scene? Is it that difficult to trace the owner of the passport, laptop or car? Aren't there any fingerprints or blood splatter?

I think the car was stolen..... drunk driver..... hit and run (never come back)

So a foreigner drivers learned from the Thais how to do a runner fleeing the scenes of a fatal accident,

it seems that this story has a lot more into it than meet the eye, what ever the outcome are,

the driver should face the music and take full responsibly.....

"So a foreigner drivers learned from the Thais how to do a runner ..."

Unbelievable. Someone had to come to Thailand to learn how to run away from a road accident. No farang would just decide for himself that he had just screwed up big time and mindlessly decide to run first and think later?? It's amazing how some people are so bigoted that no matter what happens they have to rush forward to post some nonsense & slip in a little Thai bashing.

Is there anything that happens in the world that can't be blamed on Thais? Does that mean the thousands of hit and runs in Britain alone only happen because those drivers came to Thailand first to learn how it was done?

The research comes as instances of drivers failing to stop appear to be on the rise. According to the MIB, hit and run drivers have become a more serious problem on Britains roads than those driving without insurance.

The MIB's figures are backed up by official data. According to the Department for Transport, the number of accidents involving a vehicle that fled the scene have soared to a three-year high of 16,667 in 2014, the latest year for which figures are available, compared with 15,390 in 2013 and 15,662 in 2012.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/hit-and-run-incidents-on-the-incease/

Sorry to say, but it is not racist to point out a behavior that is common to a group or culture...Thais tend to flee...while the incidents may be on the rise across nations, the real question is whether Thais conduct themselves in this fashion at a rate or proportion that is higher than found in the West...I daresay that they do...if a Thai can walk or run, they will do it at a rate that is higher than farang...the same is true of Filipinos btw...but in their case, they do so because vigilantes who will assault or kill the person they believe caused the accident...in the case of Thais, they do it to avoid full responsibility...that is, to sober up...

Same in India, always reported in the present continuous "The driver is absconding".

They had good reason though, if they didn't they were normally dragged from the vehicle and severely beaten. Often fatally.

Even if he the vehicle had this safety feature it would not have stopped the vehicle at the speed he was going............

Don't know if the feature is available on cars in Thailand yet, but the trend in USA now is for cars to be able to stop on their own before hitting something or someone. Sensors relay to the brakes that something is in the path and automatically stop the car.

I think there may be another view, you know how hard it is to find a MB mechanic that time of night. I THINK that if it was a western driver he didn't flee the scene but going to get help besides with his lack of Thai language and the locals skills speaking, I HEARD he was running South seeking help still, no sense to go to the the police, they don't speak English either.

So a foreigner drivers learned from the Thais how to do a runner fleeing the scenes of a fatal accident,

it seems that this story has a lot more into it than meet the eye, what ever the outcome are,

Unbelievable. Someone had to come to Thailand to learn how to run away from a road accident. No farang would just decide for himself that he had just screwed up big time and mindlessly decide to run first and think later?? It's amazing how some people are so bigoted that no matter what happens they have to rush forward to post some nonsense & slip in a little Thai bashing.

Is there anything that happens in the world that can't be blamed on Thais? Does that mean the thousands of hit and runs in Britain alone only happen because those drivers came to Thailand first to learn how it was done?

The research comes as instances of drivers failing to stop appear to be on the rise. According to the MIB, hit and run drivers have become a more serious problem on Britain’s roads than those driving without insurance.

The MIB's figures are backed up by official data. According to the Department for Transport, the number of accidents involving a vehicle that fled the scene have soared to a three-year high of 16,667 in 2014, the latest year for which figures are available, compared with 15,390 in 2013 and 15,662 in 2012.

Sorry to say, but it is not racist to point out a behavior that is common to a group or culture...Thais tend to flee...while the incidents may be on the rise across nations, the real question is whether Thais conduct themselves in this fashion at a rate or proportion that is higher than found in the West...I daresay that they do...if a Thai can walk or run, they will do it at a rate that is higher than farang...the same is true of Filipinos btw...but in their case, they do so because vigilantes who will assault or kill the person they believe caused the accident...in the case of Thais, they do it to avoid full responsibility...that is, to sober up...

'that is, to sober up'.......some of the WOFs on Thaivisa might wnat to do this too, before posting.........:)

RIP and condolences to families and friends. sad.png

"......after a collision threw them out of their pick-up." The ultimate price to pay for not being safety conscious, sadly. They could have been injured but not dead!

Hope they apprehend the driver who caused this and punish him/her severely (yup, I am an optimist). But, looking at a track record of past vehicle collisions in Thailand causing death...........................coffee1.gif

Looking at that Merc, I would be surprised if any passenger could survive, look at the state of the passenger side....reckon a few tales being told!

Who told the tale that there was a passenger in the Mercedes Benz?

Even if he the vehicle had this safety feature it would not have stopped the vehicle at the speed he was going............

Don't know if the feature is available on cars in Thailand yet, but the trend in USA now is for cars to be able to stop on their own before hitting something or someone. Sensors relay to the brakes that something is in the path and automatically stop the car.

At what speed was he going?

So who owns the car? Surely they have checked that already using the registration plate.

Surgical equipment ,credit cards, a bit of an abortion.

They don't sound like your average shop bar local expat.

A standard issue Mercedes First Aid Kit is "surgical equipment"? laugh.png

Did they get him yet or is he still on the lam?

We have it on good authority that "he turned himself in" but somehow I doubt the reliability of the source:

He turned himself in. It is in the Thai press. I don't have a reference but was told the story by the wife.....

It really doesn't matter who's fault it was, fleeing the scene of the accident that you are most certainly involved in automatically makes you the guilty party according Thai law. Period, case closed.

Which car that is currently available has that feature?

Mazda..

It really doesn't matter who's fault it was, fleeing the scene of the accident that you are most certainly involved in automatically makes you the guilty party according Thai law. Period, case closed.

Link to that specific law please.

so much for the Brit bashing in a previous thread ....

Yes, the Brit obviously leaves his passport laying around in other people's cars and of course the owner of said passport would not be driving this car , it's just where he happens to keep his passport for safety. It's obviously the German Australian from New Zealand who was driving.

Which car that is currently available has that feature?

Mazda..

Now let's see him wind it up to 110kph and try it.

The research comes as instances of drivers failing to stop appear to be on the rise. According to the MIB, hit and run drivers have become a more serious problem on Britain’s roads than those driving without insurance.

So what you're saying is that is normal for a British guy to run away from fatal accident scene in Thailand.

Absolutely concur Suradit. I am sick and tired of the ludicrous Thai bashing I read on this website. I simply wonder what sort of world or environment these brainless idiots inhabit. Obviously nothing that resembles any sort of normality or reason. I do wish the controllers on here, or whatever they're called, could block them from writing such drivel with its racist overtones. Surely this goes beyond 'free speech' and in any other jurisdiction would be banned because of its blatant racism and indeed, if aimed at named individuals, would be deemed libellous.

It would be interesting if someone would do a study on the subject .

Some people seem to have a similar attitude towards Thais as prisoners have about prison officers

http://bfy.tw/5lOa

But it does seem to be the case on this forum that rules regarding posting seem to be overlooked when it comes to anti-Thai rhetoric, whereas poking a bit of harmless 'tongue in cheek fun' at western nationalities will earn you a suspension - quite likely as this post will for even daring to mention moderation.

You are not just mentioning it you are criticizing it, though it seems to have slipped the radar.

BTW how do you differentiate between "poking fun" and "racist bashing" when interacting with vastly different people from completely different backgrounds posting here? Or just maybe you could maybe just be projecting your own prejudices and biases.

Nice bit of cropping in your quotation. What you fail to mention is that the figures in the report include all of the people who leave supermarket car parks and even lightly bump or scratch another car. It also states that in those instances the data says 45% of people are not aware they have to stop with such minor incidents. Might be wrong but its not the same as running away from a scene leaving your mangled car and 2 dead bodies behind. So, the data looks honest,, try and find honest data here.. I would bet that Thailand is far, far worse.

Really stupid for you to compare the UK as the roads are policed to death and the fact is the UK is one of the safest places in the World to drive. Thailand, however is statistically the worst (or at least number 2).

People do act terribly on the roads here, not just with running away but also with irresponsible driving, undertaking, not using indicators, speeding, drunk driving etc. If you don't know this you are living with your head wetland truly in the clouds.

So, as far as driving goes, Thailand should be ashamed of its record of poorly policed roads.

Regarding this story, whether the driver was Thai, English, German or Australian it doesn't really matter, he needs to be caught and punished for what he has done.

Britain has one of the best records in the world for road casualties.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-15975720

Archived