Absent minded prof reunited with cash left in loo

rooster59

Absent minded prof reunited with cash left in loo

post-247607-0-99289800-1463201021_thumb.

Image: Thairath

ROI-ET: A professor who left 120,000 baht in the toilets was reunited with his valuables thanks to an honest Roi-Et restaurant worker.

It was smiles all round as Kriangkrai Udompot, 31, a worker at the Methawalai Sorn Daeng restaurant of the north eastern town, handed back the wallet he found in the toilets after work. Pictures were taken in a ceremony at the local police station on Friday.

Dr Siwawat Samretphon,56, a professor of political science at Pathum Thani University, gave Kriangkrai 5,000 as a reward.

He had left his wallet on a tissue box in the toilets on Thursday. It contained 40,000 baht in cash, 32,000 baht in Euros and 35,000 in dollars along with other valuables worth a total of 120,000 baht.

Kriangkrai found it as he was preparing to go home after the restaurant closed. From ID in the wallet he recognised the owner as a regular customer.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-14

Professors have been known to be absent minded, but what a seemingly ordinary professor from up

country doing with such large amount of Euros and US$? the police should have that question......

An awful lot of money to be carrying on your person, and what kind of wallet could that amount fit into ?

Pure carelessness on his behalf, and he was extremely lucky to get it back.

Well, it appears the restaurant worker is holding a gentleman's wallet. Let's see: 40 THB1000s, 10 USD100s, and 8 Euros100s; yeah 58 paper thick notes; less than 2cm thick, mol.

Lot of money, a little over $3kUS? Not even a good night in walking street, let alone money for a trip.

Who knows, he may be meeting his mia nit with a little gift; you know, a little on the side after the mia noi and mia lek. It may even have been payday for the gik and phuan non too.

An awful lot of money to be carrying on your person, and what kind of wallet could that amount fit into ?

Well, it appears the restaurant worker is holding a gentleman's wallet. Let's see: 40 THB1000s, 10 USD100s, and 8 Euros100s; yeah 58 paper thick notes; less than 2cm thick, mol.

Lot of money, a little over $3kUS? Not even a good night in walking street, let alone money for a trip.

Who knows, he may be meeting his mia nit with a little gift; you know, a little on the side after the mia noi and mia lek. It may even have been payday for the gik and phuan non too.

I don't know what you get upto in Walking Street, but I can guarantee, you have never spent anywhere near that amount on a night there.

Money in the loo might have been there to buy some students silents certain loo actives with them. ,as good grades wasn't enough.

lucky but 5,000???

Keenyow...

yes... if a restaurant worker had handed in my money, wallet and cards he'd get more than $150 reward! to be honest I'd have handed over the 20,000 and been happy to do it

I don't know what you get upto in Walking Street, but I can guarantee, you have never spent anywhere near that amount on a night there.

Would you like to put your money on it? You give me $3kUS and I'll let you follow me around and bring witnesses.If I can't spend it, I'll give you $6kUS.

Would you like to put your money on it? You give me $3kUS and I'll let you follow me around and bring witnesses.If I can't spend it, I'll give you $6kUS.

My point, was that you have never spent $3k on a night out on Walking Street, and I know I am right.

Give anyone that money, and tell them they must spend it, of course they can, and probably will.

But for you to suggest that it is quite normal to spend that on a night out, is stupidity.

Erm, someone should do their maths,, the sum of the cash totals a lot more then 120,000 baht. I suspect someone hasn't bothered checking exchange rates,, dohhh! Although getting 35k in Euros in your wallet would be a very tight squeeze giggle.gif

A bit tight on the reward as well.. At least 10% surely to the decent guy who handed it in. A toilet worker hardly earns s fortune and 10 or 20k would make a big difference to him.

Anyway, no bad news here, good story and nice to see a decent, honest guy. Might have a low level job but he has more decency then many "wealthy" people I have met here.thumbsup.gif

Erm, someone should do their maths,, the sum of the cash totals a lot more then 120,000 baht. I suspect someone hasn't bothered checking exchange rates,, dohhh! Although getting 35k in Euros in your wallet would be a very tight squeeze giggle.gif

A bit tight on the reward as well.. At least 10% surely to the decent guy who handed it in. A toilet worker hardly earns s fortune and 10 or 20k would make a big difference to him.

Anyway, no bad news here, good story and nice to see a decent, honest guy. Might have a low level job but he has more decency then many "wealthy" people I have met here.thumbsup.gif

OOPS, just realised I miss read the article on cash,,

thaiduncankk said, "My point, was that you have never spent $3k on a night out on Walking Street, and I know I am right.
Give anyone that money, and tell them they must spend it, of course they can, and probably will.
But for you to suggest that it is quite normal to spend that on a night out, is stupidity."

Gee, I did not realize you knew me or what I spend, but it's obvious you don't want to bet, eh?.

I have not suggested it was quite normal for everyone, just for those who can afford it. I have spent $8-10k on weekends in Thailand several times while working in the middle east. However, my point is $3k was not a large amount of money to spend in one day, as I have done; or to carry around with you, as many people do--as is proven by that Thai--and that it could easily fit into a gentleman's wallet, which it would. Of course, a poor bugger would have problems doing so.

thaiduncankk said, "My point, was that you have never spent $3k on a night out on Walking Street, and I know I am right.

But for you to suggest that it is quite normal to spend that on a night out, is stupidity."

Gee, I did not realize you knew me or what I spend, but it's obvious you don't want to bet, eh?.

I have not suggested it was quite normal for everyone, just for those who can afford it. I have spent $8-10k on weekends in Thailand several times while working in the middle east. However, my point is $3k was not a large amount of money to spend in one day, as I have done; or to carry around with you, as many people do--as is proven by that Thai--and that it could easily fit into a gentleman's wallet, which it would. Of course, a poor bugger would have problems doing so.

So now it is $3k is not a large amount of money to spend in one day.

Before it was a night out in Walking St., without tip ?

Another TV keyboard 'big licks', it impresses nobody.

Archived