BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Absent minded prof reunited with cash left in loo

Just look at the cop's face! Totally dumbfounded and obviously not happy at all to be associated with such an act of public decency and honesty......cheesy.gif

Erm, someone should do their maths,, the sum of the cash totals a lot more then 120,000 baht. I suspect someone hasn't bothered checking exchange rates,, dohhh! Although getting 35k in Euros in your wallet would be a very tight squeeze giggle.gif

A bit tight on the reward as well.. At least 10% surely to the decent guy who handed it in. A toilet worker hardly earns s fortune and 10 or 20k would make a big difference to him.

Anyway, no bad news here, good story and nice to see a decent, honest guy. Might have a low level job but he has more decency then many "wealthy" people I have met here.thumbsup.gif

Erm, someone should do their maths,, the sum of the cash totals a lot more then 120,000 baht. I suspect someone hasn't bothered checking exchange rates,, dohhh! Although getting 35k in Euros in your wallet would be a very tight squeeze giggle.gif

A bit tight on the reward as well.. At least 10% surely to the decent guy who handed it in. A toilet worker hardly earns s fortune and 10 or 20k would make a big difference to him.

Anyway, no bad news here, good story and nice to see a decent, honest guy. Might have a low level job but he has more decency then many "wealthy" people I have met here.thumbsup.gif

OOPS, just realised I miss read the article on cash,,

thaiduncankk said, "My point, was that you have never spent $3k on a night out on Walking Street, and I know I am right.
Give anyone that money, and tell them they must spend it, of course they can, and probably will.
But for you to suggest that it is quite normal to spend that on a night out, is stupidity."

Gee, I did not realize you knew me or what I spend, but it's obvious you don't want to bet, eh?.

I have not suggested it was quite normal for everyone, just for those who can afford it. I have spent $8-10k on weekends in Thailand several times while working in the middle east. However, my point is $3k was not a large amount of money to spend in one day, as I have done; or to carry around with you, as many people do--as is proven by that Thai--and that it could easily fit into a gentleman's wallet, which it would. Of course, a poor bugger would have problems doing so.

thaiduncankk said, "My point, was that you have never spent $3k on a night out on Walking Street, and I know I am right.

Give anyone that money, and tell them they must spend it, of course they can, and probably will.

But for you to suggest that it is quite normal to spend that on a night out, is stupidity."

Gee, I did not realize you knew me or what I spend, but it's obvious you don't want to bet, eh?.

I have not suggested it was quite normal for everyone, just for those who can afford it. I have spent $8-10k on weekends in Thailand several times while working in the middle east. However, my point is $3k was not a large amount of money to spend in one day, as I have done; or to carry around with you, as many people do--as is proven by that Thai--and that it could easily fit into a gentleman's wallet, which it would. Of course, a poor bugger would have problems doing so.

So now it is $3k is not a large amount of money to spend in one day.

Before it was a night out in Walking St., without tip ?

Another TV keyboard 'big licks', it impresses nobody.