Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Seapok I'm back geez. The draw today should be interesting. Gut feeling mate we will draw the scum.....sorry Redrus............ Seriously it would be great if all 3 English Clubs avoid each other.

Spurs on Sunday. History has to be on our side lads. CFC to win and march on.

"Carefree"

Welcome back son, well the draw has been made, all the English teams have avoided each other but we could meet the scousers in the semi's! thats if they beat our reserve team PSV 1st of course!

I'm really looking forward to Sundays game, its a shame its an early KO as I would like to have a skin full before! :o

I suppose it will suit the boys and girls in LOS though.

Good draw for us but would have liked to have been away in the first leg. Never mind. Glad all English have a chance to advance to the Semi Finals.

Beckham to make LA debut v Chelsea

Former England captain David Beckham is likely to come up against some familiar faces early in his new career in America after Chelsea announced their participation in a pre-season tournament involving his new club Los Angeles Galaxy.

Beckham will leave Real Madrid for the USA this summer and one of the first teams he is likely to face is Jose Mourinho's side.

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your PM was incorrectly quoted by your source (The Sun, Daily News, or any other english crap "newspapers"?).

Uefa's own website states that Alex was signed by Chelsea directly from the Brazilian club Santos in a £5m-plus deal in July 2004 using "cash available following the sale of Arjen Robben". But the Football Association has no record of the player ever having been registered with the Premiership champions, meaning that Alex's position at PSV is not a conventional loan agreement.

Chelsea statement: He is a PSV player. His international transfer certificate is on PSV's name and he is registered with them. We have an option to buy him at the end of the season. He is not a Chelsea player and we have no control or influence if he plays or not.

Believe me....I have tight links within PSV and the above is true.

Alex is not even eligible to get a UK work permit as he did not play 5 official games for Brasil yet. Chances are very big he will stay at least another season in Eindhoven.

I know you guys want to own every player...appreciate the connection, but don't start to brag about this too much. BTW: He (Alex) was found in Brasil by PSV scout Piet de Visser, who also found Romario and Ronaldo a.o. and also consults (with PSV's consent) Abramovich.

Maybe you can use all the money to win the PL again first? Good luck!

And yes, we'll beat Liverpool (like I predicted we would beat Assenal) and then well see what happens....you guys beat Valencia first. Won't be easy.

Go wash your mouth boy!

You really don't know what you are talking about...

thats if they beat our reserve team PSV 1st of course!

Boy? dont call me boy! son.

If PSV sources are saying one thing why shouldn't we believe what they say? we snapped up Robben from under United's nose, we took the Dutch leagues leader scorer (kezman) from PSV and we have 1st choice on a player we already own (Alex). I don't know how good he is as I've never seen him play but I'm sure I will be seeing plenty of him next season. You can't say we don't have good links with your team!

Your PM was incorrectly quoted by your source (The Sun, Daily News, or any other english crap "newspapers"?).

Uefa's own website states that Alex was signed by Chelsea directly from the Brazilian club Santos in a £5m-plus deal in July 2004 using "cash available following the sale of Arjen Robben". But the Football Association has no record of the player ever having been registered with the Premiership champions, meaning that Alex's position at PSV is not a conventional loan agreement.

Chelsea statement: He is a PSV player. His international transfer certificate is on PSV's name and he is registered with them. We have an option to buy him at the end of the season. He is not a Chelsea player and we have no control or influence if he plays or not.

Believe me....I have tight links within PSV and the above is true.

Alex is not even eligible to get a UK work permit as he did not play 5 official games for Brasil yet. Chances are very big he will stay at least another season in Eindhoven.

I know you guys want to own every player...appreciate the connection, but don't start to brag about this too much. BTW: He (Alex) was found in Brasil by PSV scout Piet de Visser, who also found Romario and Ronaldo a.o. and also consults (with PSV's consent) Abramovich.

Maybe you can use all the money to win the PL again first? Good luck!

And yes, we'll beat Liverpool (like I predicted we would beat Assenal) and then well see what happens....you guys beat Valencia first. Won't be easy.

What about the agreement made a couple of seasons back, linking P.S.V. with Chelsea?

Lets not get to involved with this men. The only thing that concerns me was if he is a CFC player then why did Jose not bring him back to CFC in January as we had problems especially at the centre back positions at that time. We had no natural cover at that time. This is just an observation.

PSV are a well organised side and I think the Champions League games V Liverpool will be a lot closer than many people are saying. I woulf rather w meet them if of course we turn Valencia over than meeting Liverpool. Our record is not good in cup games against the scousers............

Roll on Sunday and good luck to the lads against Spurs. As long as we are solid at the back we can win this game.

You believe what you read in the yellow press?

Of course we have good links, but you make it sound like PSV is a secondary team (your words), and I can not take that. First you prove that you could be 7 times champion in 11 years in the PL without the money Roman put in your club?!

PSV's budget is smaller then Ajax!

Go wash your mouth boy!

You really don't know what you are talking about...

thats if they beat our reserve team PSV 1st of course!

Boy? dont call me boy! son.

If PSV sources are saying one thing why shouldn't we believe what they say? we snapped up Robben from under United's nose, we took the Dutch leagues leader scorer (kezman) from PSV and we have 1st choice on a player we already own (Alex). I don't know how good he is as I've never seen him play but I'm sure I will be seeing plenty of him next season. You can't say we don't have good links with your team!

Alex could not be transferred to CFC yet if anybody wanted to. He will not get a UK work permit as he played less then official games for Brasil (see my earlier post).

Thank you for your 2nd paragraph. Be aware that if we can beat Assenal and Liverpool, we could also beat Chelsea...

Good luck against Valencia!

Lets not get to involved with this men. The only thing that concerns me was if he is a CFC player then why did Jose not bring him back to CFC in January as we had problems especially at the centre back positions at that time. We had no natural cover at that time. This is just an observation.

PSV are a well organised side and I think the Champions League games V Liverpool will be a lot closer than many people are saying. I woulf rather w meet them if of course we turn Valencia over than meeting Liverpool. Our record is not good in cup games against the scousers............

Roll on Sunday and good luck to the lads against Spurs. As long as we are solid at the back we can win this game.

Wimster, when I said PSV are our reserve team it was more tongue n' cheek! winning the Dutch league 7 times is a good thing in its self but its no comparison to the best league in world football, the Premiership.

This thread has been going pretty well since it started and I dont want any flaming to start now. If you have any negative comments you would like to get off your chest PM me and we can take it from there.

As for Sundays game, that should be a cracker. We are finding our feet again, JT will probably be playing, Cech is in fine form and if JT is back that means the Bison will be unleashed to rampage through the midfield, I really cant see spurs scoring past us. My prediction is a 3-0 win COME ON THE BLUES! :o

Chelsea v Tottenham

Stamford Bridge

Sunday, 11 March

Quarter-Final

Kick-off: 1245 GMT

Referee: Mike Riley (Yorkshire)

Replay date (if required): Monday, 19 March, 1945 GMT

Live on BBC One, with coverage on the BBC Sport website and BBC Radio Five Live

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has to decide whether to recall head-injury victim John Terry.

Chelsea have no fresh injury worries following their midweek Champions League win over Porto, with Joe Cole (foot) their only long-term absentee.

Jermaine Jenas remains a doubt for the Tottenham with a groin problem.

Mido may return after having a cyst on his knee but defenders Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee surgery) and Ledley King (foot) remain sidelined.

Chelsea (from): Cech, Cudicini, Ferreira, Geremi, Diarra, Carvalho, Essien, Bridge, A Cole, Lampard, Makelele, Ballack, Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou, Wright-Phillips, Boulahrouz, Morais.

Tottenham (from): Robinson, Cerny, Chimbonda, Lee, Gardner, Dawson, Rocha, Stalteri, Jenas, Murphy, Ghaly, Malbranque, Taarabt, Huddlestone, Lennon, Mido, Defoe, Keane.

CHELSEA against Tottenham in front of live BBC Match of the Day cameras, guarantees a London club in the semi-finals of the FA Cup for the 15th successive year. The Blues won the last final to be contested at the old Wembley, beating Aston Villa 1-0 in 2000. Now they're aiming to be the first to lift the Cup at the new stadium. They've been drawn at home in every round, defeating lower ranked opposition in Macclesfield, Nottingham Forest and Norwich with an impressive aggregate of 13-1.

The Carling Cup winners, Champions League quarter-finalists and defending Premiership champions, who are nine points behind Manchester United in second place, are undefeated in 10 games in all competitions and have won their last three, including Tuesday's 2-1 home victory over FC Porto. That was their eighth successive victory at Stamford Bridge, where Jose Mourinho has lost only once in 79 fixtures, excluding the defeat on penalties to Charlton in last season's League Cup. But the FA Cup continues to elude Mourinho and owner Roman Abramovich, despite investment of over £400 million.

The west Londoners reached the semi-finals for the 16th time in their history last season, when they were beaten by eventual winners Liverpool 2-1 at Old Trafford. The three times winners and four times runners-up, have not been defeated by Tottenham on home turf in 18 matches.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR are on a roll. Thursday's Uefa Cup victory over Braga was their fifth win in a row. They face London derbies on successive Sundays after last weekend's dramatic 3-4 Premiership victory at relegation threatened West Ham. It was the third time in four outings that Martin Jol's side had registered four goals in a game. Spurs have been somewhat free scoring in this Cup run since the goalless draw with Cardiff at Ninian Park in the third round. They won the replay 4-0, beat Southend 3-1 in round four and humiliated Fulham 0-4 at Craven Cottage in the last 16. Now they look to eliminate London Premiership opposition away from home, for the second successive round.

Spurs have already beaten Chelsea at home in the League, when the Blues had skipper John Terry sent off.

The victory on Guy Fawkes' Day was Tottenham's first in 11 against Chelsea in all competitions. The White Hart Lane club have drawn six and lost 12 of their last 18 visits to the Bridge, and have not won there since a 1-2 top flight triumph on 10 February 1990.

But in the FA Cup, Spurs hold a narrow lead by four wins to three, despite losing their most recent meeting 0-4 in the quarter-finals at the Lane on 10 March 2002, when Eidur Gudjohnsen got a double, and William Gallas and Graeme Le Saux helped themselves to one each. The previous meeting was also at this quarter-final stage on 6 March 1982. Steve Archibald, Glenn Hoddle and Mike Hazard scored in a 2-3 victory at the Bridge, and Spurs went on to lift the trophy, beating Queen's Park Rangers in the final, after a replay.

The north Londoners were the first side to win the FA Cup as a non-League club in 1901. They've lifted the Cup on eight occasions. Only Manchester United (11) and Arsenal (10) can beat that. Since their most recent success in 1991, Tottenham have reached the semi-finals on four occasions. They're hoping to qualify for this stage for the 18th time in their history and the first time since 2001.

Blues reveal Cole hopes

Jose Mourinho has revealed that Joe Cole feels he will be ready to play early next month.

The England star has been sidelined for most of the season and he was not expected back until the latter stages of the campaign, if at all.

However, Mourinho confirmed that Cole is hoping to hand his manager a huge boost by returning in time to make their UEFA Champions League quarter-final clash with Valencia.

"Joe Cole told me that he will be ready for Valencia. The fact that he is saying that will push him," said a delighted Mourinho.

"So if not for Valencia maybe for the next week after that. Now he has a target and for me that is good.

"Joe was a key player last season. It was the best season of his life and he was crucial from the first moment to the last. He had an unbelievable season.

"This season he has had five minutes here and there, and finally surgery and out for a long time."

Pffffff. the best leaugue in the world, don;t make me laugh. With foreign coaches and players ALL over, we have a lot of that too, but the PL is ONLY the leading league because of MONEY (read TV rights). And the money is also foreign these days. Lot's to be proud of, huh?!

I don't need to PM you when you feel like it, you started talking "tongue in cheek"....yeah right.

Anyway, good luck with all your games. My opinion is that ManU will win the PL easily this year. Jose out, Guus (ex PSV....) in.

Wimster, when I said PSV are our reserve team it was more tongue n' cheek! winning the Dutch league 7 times is a good thing in its self but its no comparison to the best league in world football, the Premiership.

This thread has been going pretty well since it started and I dont want any flaming to start now. If you have any negative comments you would like to get off your chest PM me and we can take it from there.

As for Sundays game, that should be a cracker. We are finding our feet again, JT will probably be playing, Cech is in fine form and if JT is back that means the Bison will be unleashed to rampage through the midfield, I really cant see spurs scoring past us. My prediction is a 3-0 win COME ON THE BLUES! :o

Chelsea 3-3 Tottenham

Tottenham's Berbatov, Ghaly and Lennon celebrate

Chelsea came back from two goals down to earn an FA Cup quarter-final replay.

Dimitar Berbatov smashed past Petr Cech to Spurs ahead but Chelsea hit back when Frank Lampard stretched out a leg to turn in Michael Ballack's shot.

Spurs regained the lead when Michael Essien turned Aaron Lennon's cross into his own net and Hossam Ghaly slotted home a third after a powerful run.

Frank Lampard pulled a goal back with a close-range volley and Salomon Kalou cracked in the equaliser late on.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho had said before the game that he did not want a replay and by sending out a team without the defensive screen that is Claude Makelele, it seemed he had allowed Spurs to ensure he got his wish.

Without Makelele and injured skipper John Terry, Chelsea looked in the first half as though they would not have coped had they been facing the Dog & Duck's attack rather than the in-form Berbatov and Aaron Lennon.

And with Didier Zakora running the midfield, Spurs dictated the tempo and took advantage of Chelsea's disorganisation.

Just five minutes into the game, Jermain Defoe embarked on mazy run and laid the ball off for Lennon to thread a pass into the patch of Berbatov, who lashed in a first-time effort.

The warning signs were there for Chelsea but Lampard briefly papered over the cracks when he redirected Ballack's cross-shot to level the score.

But although Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba then began to show signs of life, Chelsea looked anything other than alive elsewhere in the park.

Certainly Essien was not tuned in when he nipped in front of Cech to cut out a cross his keeper would have comfortably gathered, only to put the ball into his own goal.

Spurs almost squandered their advantage when Paul Stalteri made a last-ditch clearance to prevent Michael Dawson scoring an own-goal.

But seven minutes later, Tottenham extended their lead when Ghaly picked up the ball deep in his own half and then out muscled the Chelsea midfield to burst through on goal and place a precise low shot out of Cech's reach.

As the first half drew to a close, Essien came close to pulling a goal back but headed wide at the far post.

After the break, Chelsea, perhaps sensibly, opted to pile everyone forward - they didn't seem to have anyone at the back anyway.

A trio of chances came in quick succession but Balllack spurned two with his head and Lampard shot weakly.

And Spurs should have made them pay when Lennon burst through on goal, but Cech produced a superb save to deny him and then Defoe made a mess of a free header from three yards out.

Instead, it was the visitors who were punished when a goalmouth scramble ensued after a corner and the ball broke to Lampard, who clipped the ball low into the corner.

Suddenly, a re-jigged Chelsea were in the ascendancy and for the first time in the game Spurs were on the back foot.

the hosts, who had made a host of substitutions appeared to be playing with only two defenders.

Yet the changes paid off when substitute Kalou connected sweetly after Drogba headed the ball across goal and Chelsea were level.

Then in injury time, Defoe had a chance to give Spurs their first win at Stamford Bridge in 17 years but his fizzing drive cannoned back off the bar.

If Berbatov had stayed on . I'm sure we would have won this tie, but an excellent match for neutrals, can't wait for the replay..... :o

I must admit we played crap and you still couldn't beat us Chon!! Monday week it's a replay at 3 point lane where I'm sure we will turn you over 2-0. :o

Mourinho hails Chelsea comeback

Jose Mourinho hailed his side and played down the impact of his tactical changes as Chelsea fought back to draw 3-3 in their FA Cup tie with Tottenham.

He told BBC Sport: "I contributed with my substitutions but the players did it. It is all about the players.

"The team's character, spirit and belief are very important.

"The players' mentality was very, very good. We were almost out of the FA Cup when we were two goals down but at the end we are still in the competition."

However, Spurs boss Martin Jol felt that would not be the case had his side taken their chances.

He said: "We played well in the first 20 minutes and we surprised them.

"We scored goals and I felt their equaliser was a lucky goal - even their second was a cheap goal. We have to get that out of our system.

"They threw everything at us, with three strikers. I knew that it would have been over if we scored a fourth goal and we could have done that.

"I thought we were capable of scoring another goal - Aaron Lennon had a one-on-one and could have made it 4-1 and I felt we also should have had a penalty. But you have to be lucky."

Mourinho, too, was unhappy with referee Mike Riley, and felt the official's performance did not match the quality of the match.

He said: "It was a magnificent game for all the supporters. There were two magnificent teams out there. But the third team, the referee, was not magnificent.

"If Mike Riley is in charge for the replay he needs to be better because today I thought his performance was not good."

If Berbatov had stayed on . I'm sure we would have won this tie,

IF my grandma had <deleted>, she'd have been my grandad. :o IF.

Good answer Lamps. The what if scenario is always talked about but the final result on the day is reality.

Anyway it was a great game and very open which the neutral supporter would have enjoyed. I must say though I did mention about our defensive play before the game being very important and once again we were not organised and there was no leader at the back which is sad especially when they are internationals and no one wants the responsibilty except big JT. We have to sort the right full back and centre half positions out as when JT is not playing I do not feel confident. We will always score goals but you have to be solid all over the park.

Enough of my moans. I hope the replay will be as entertaining but no more heart attacks CFC.

"Carefree"

IF my grandma had <deleted>, she'd have been my grandad. :D IF.

Blimey , did Martin Jol have a hand in your Forefather's gender deliberation then Lamps ?

Mind you , I can see the resemblance.... :D

:o

IF my grandma had <deleted>, she'd have been my grandad. :o IF.

Nice one Lamps, we played terrible, no organisation at the back as Shedend says and we even scored 1 for them and they still failed to beat us! :D

With all Man City's problems at the moment I hope we turn them over wednesday night, then Bolton could do us a favour by beating Man Utd saturday lunch time. Alot of if's and but's I know but we need all the help we can get at the moment, good to hear we might have Joey Cole back in the squad for the Valencia game!

Big two kept apart in FA Cup draw

Manchester United and Chelsea could meet in the final of the FA Cup after the semi-final draw kept them apart.

Blackburn came out of the hat first and will play the winners of the replay between Chelsea and Tottenham.

The winners of the replay between Manchester United and Middlesbrough will play Premiership strugglers Watford in the other tie.

The semi-final ties will be played on the weekend of 14 and 15 April at venues yet to be decided.

FA Cup semi-final draw:

Blackburn v Chelsea or Tottenham

Watford v Middlesbrough or Manchester United

Ties will be played the weekend of 14 and 15 April 2007

With all Man City's problems at the moment I hope we turn them over wednesday night,

I don't think you'll need to try very hard. Jose should put the juniors out, they'd still give us a good shafting !!

Thats the thing that worries me, when a team is doing so badly and they come up against the Champions they always raise their game and will probably nick a draw or snatch a win. We need to be strong, JT should be back to organise his troops so a clean sheet should be on the cards.

United been given another Bye then :o

Its amazing what happens when your luck is in! it wouldn't surprise me if Utd's next game against Bolton broke out in to a massive fight, all the Bolton players get sent off and Utd get given the 3 points! :D

Jose targets two new signings

Jose Mourinho feels two new signings in the summer will ensure Chelsea's squad is not stretched to the limit next season.

The Premiership champions have found even their resources tested this term, particularly in defence where injuries have had a major impact.

Michael Essien has been forced into playing at centre-half in recent weeks, but Mourinho is not anticipating such problems next season.

The return of Glen Johnson from his loan spell at Portsmouth will add depth to the back-line, with Mourinho also targeting another central defender.

"Glen Johnson is a Chelsea player and he has to be back," said Mourinho on Sky Sports News. "He will be more mature with one year of experience in the Premiership.

"I think, normally, Chelsea, with two more players, can keep a good balance, a good squad and be protected against the problems we had this season.

"I think for sure it's not possible next season to have so many injuries like we had this season. I think this season was out of context, it is not normal.

"The African Cup (of Nations) is a problem we have to think about, and the central defender position is a point where we have to think about too - we are clearly short of one player.

"I think the right-back solution is obvious in that we have good young English talent. Johno has to be back, so we don't need much.

"It will be a season without the World Cup, so it will be a season where we can start everyone together on day one and it will be a good pre-season to prepare better than we did, hopefully without injuries and surgeries and this kind of stuff.

"I think it's not difficult to understand that Chelsea's squad will be 75, 80 per cent the same as it is this season."

Mourinho still loves Chelsea

Jose Mourinho insists he is still 'in love with Chelsea' after clarifying his comments regarding the Real Madrid job.

In an interview with Canal Plus, the Portuguese revealed he would be 'honoured' to one day take charge of the Spanish giants.

His comments led to suggestions he would look to quit Stamford Bridge in the summer in favour of the Santiago Bernabeu.

But Mourinho remains committed to fulfilling his contract with the Premiership champions, despite acknowledging his admiration for a club of Real's stature.

"What I can tell is that, as always, the press choose the words they want to choose and not the words that people say," said Mourinho on Sky Sports News.

"Especially, when you don't tell it completely, you take it completely out of context.

"A journalist asked if I would like to train Real Madrid, the answer was that every coach would like to do it.

"I would be honoured to work in a club like Real Madrid.

"I don't say no for the future, but I say clearly no until 2010 because I have a contract with Chelsea.

"I want to stay in Chelsea, I'm in love with Chelsea and I'm in love with English football.

"These are the words and you can say what you say about it, but these are the words."

You leave your snidey comments everywhere don't you....! :D

redrus

Bitter til the end Red :D You gotta admit youv'e had a pretty easy go of it though :D

Bitter til the end Red :D You gotta admit youv'e had a pretty easy go of it though :D

Yes, and just like us we've made the hardest work of it, good job Southend are out of this one eh....! :D

redrus

Archived