BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seapok

Chelsea Fc Thread

post-4624-1163334572.gifSeapok are you living in LOS or England mate?

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Probably the most famous of the Chelsea badges, used for 33 years, this was inspired by the civic coat of arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea. The lion was derived from the Arms of Earl Cadogan who was president of the club and also held the title Viscount Chelsea. The staff is that of the Abbot of Westminster whose jurisdiction extended over Chelsea. The roses represent England and the footballs more obviously represent the game.

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Probably the most famous of the Chelsea badges, used for 33 years, this was inspired by the civic coat of arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea. The lion was derived from the Arms of Earl Cadogan who was president of the club and also held the title Viscount Chelsea. The staff is that of the Abbot of Westminster whose jurisdiction extended over Chelsea. The roses represent England and the footballs more obviously represent the game.

Thanks for the lesson shedend, I'm in London at the moment, going to LOS in January, are you married or have thai gf, thats why you are there? where do you catch the Chelsea games in LOS?

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Thanks for the lesson shedend, I'm in London at the moment, going to LOS in January, are you married or have thai gf, thats why you are there? where do you catch the Chelsea games in LOS?

My wife is Thai. Watch the games in either Bulls Head or Dubliner when in Bkk. Currently in Phuket till end of the month.

I am from the White City, Hammersmith what about you?

1953-1986 CFC CREST

My wife is Thai. Watch the games in either Bulls Head or Dubliner when in Bkk. Currently in Phuket till end of the month.

I'm a Battersea boy, I will be there when Chelsea play Wigan, maybe we could meet and cheer them on together!, how old are you? did you get married in LOS? I'm looking to do the same with my thai gf, bit confused by what I've read here, maybe you can give me a few tips.

I'm a Battersea boy, I will be there when Chelsea play Wigan, maybe we could meet and cheer them on together!, how old are you? did you get married in LOS? I'm looking to do the same with my thai gf, bit confused by what I've read here, maybe you can give me a few tips.

I have sent you a PM.

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Shedend, you know and love your club.. A true supporter.. :o

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Shedend, you know and love your club.. A true supporter.. :o

Thanks muckypups. I had good teachers my dad and my grandad god bless him.

Aaahh the memories, brings a tear to the eye! :D, hopefully Reading will be triumphant today and bring the yids back down to earth!, just waiting for Chonabot's reply now! haha

:D......oh hang on we're 2-1 down at half time............. :o

Aaahh the memories, brings a tear to the eye! :D, hopefully Reading will be triumphant today and bring the yids back down to earth!, just waiting for Chonabot's reply now! haha

:D......oh hang on we're 2-1 down at half time............. :o

Not doing too well so far mate! haha

I have sent you a PM.

Got the PM, cheers mate

'Sheva keen on Milan return'

ITV News Link.

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has claimed Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko wants to return to the Rossoneri.

Shevchenko left Italy this summer to join the Premiership champions, but is yet to find his top form with the Londoners.

Berlusconi told the Italian media: "The last time I heard him (Shevchenko) was on Friday on the phone.

"He (Shevchenko) called me and I was really happy. I was with so many other people and they started applauding him and singing as a chorus, "Sheva return, return with us" and he said he would gladly come back."

Milan are desperate for a spark after a difficult start to the season.

The club began the domestic campaign with an eight-point deduction following their involvement in match-fixing and Saturday's 2-1 home defeat to Roma left them 17 points behind Serie A leaders Internazionale and Palermo.

redrus

'Sheva keen on Milan return'

ITV News Link.

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has claimed Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko wants to return to the Rossoneri.

Shevchenko left Italy this summer to join the Premiership champions, but is yet to find his top form with the Londoners.

Berlusconi told the Italian media: "The last time I heard him (Shevchenko) was on Friday on the phone.

"He (Shevchenko) called me and I was really happy. I was with so many other people and they started applauding him and singing as a chorus, "Sheva return, return with us" and he said he would gladly come back."

Milan are desperate for a spark after a difficult start to the season.

The club began the domestic campaign with an eight-point deduction following their involvement in match-fixing and Saturday's 2-1 home defeat to Roma left them 17 points behind Serie A leaders Internazionale and Palermo.

redrus

Yeah I saw that also, nothing has been said on the Chelsea website, until I see it there I will just put it down to paper talk. By what I saw yesterday he is pairing up well with Drogba now and he also has a laugh with his new team mates, it always takes a while for a player to adapt his new team.

Midweek international roll call

A potential eight Chelsea players could be in action inside Holland’s Amsterdam Arena on Wednesday night as part of this week’s international fixture programme.

England play a friendly away against the Dutch who have selected both Arjen Robben and Khalid Boulahrouz in their squad.

Joe Cole’s return to fitness takes the Chelsea quota in Steve McClaren’s England selection up to six with John Terry, Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Frank Lampard also travelling across the North Sea.

Back in London, Michael Essien’s Ghana have a friendly scheduled for Tuesday night with QPR’s Loftus Road stadium the venue. Australia are the opposition.

For Didier Drogba, there will be a proud return to the Stade Léon-Bollée in Le Mans, the stadium in France where the Premiership’s top scorer began his professional career. It is the chosen venue for Ivory Coast to take on Sweden.

Also lined-up for action in France on Wednesday is Claude Makelele who will be further east in Paris for the home nation’s friendly against Greece.

There is more at stake for Portuguese pair Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira who are in the squad for a Euro 2008 qualifier. They are at home to Kazakistan on Wednesday in Coimbra. A win is vital for Portugal to keep in touch with the leaders in their group.

Another Wednesday European Championship qualifier involves Michael Ballack. The German international captain will be in Cyprus. A win will take the Germans top.

José's fans outburst

José Mourinho has questioned just one Chelsea performance over the last two games — the fans! In his Chelsea TV post-match interview, which you can see tonight, he lays his feelings on the line.

‘Let’s start with a song I heard in two consecutive matches at home. “Four-nil, and you still don’t sing!”

‘Aston Villa fans: “Four-nil, and you still don’t sing!” Watford fans: “Four-nil, and you still don’t sing!”

‘Why you “don’t sing”?!’

It’s true that the atmosphere generated at home games since Barcelona has been less than average. Maybe there’s been a reaction off the pitch if not on it.

But the long-running debate over home atmosphere needs putting in perspective. Until the redevelopment to an all-seater Stamford Bridge, the ground was rarely full, the old dog track meant that sound disappeared into thin air, and although in the maelstrom of the Shed the atmosphere may have been special in a way which is hard to measure up to now, around the ground overall it was worse than today. And that includes the 1960s and ‘70s as well as the smaller crowds of the ‘80s.

What there was in those days were more original songs and chants and, particularly in the 1980s, more diehard fans travelling away. The game has become more gentrified, more corporate, more expensive — but it’s also become more popular. We’re averaging higher gates with a smaller capacity.

And, almost by definition, the larger the average crowd the smaller percentage of them will be hardcore. When there were gates of 10,000 and less all too often in the early 1980s, you could bet almost everyone was hardcore. But there’s no way we want to return to those days.

The biggest difference now to many eras of the past is that we’re the biggest attraction to opposition. Opposing home fans set their top standards against us when we are away, and set their top away standards at Stamford Bridge — like Villa and Watford did.

Chelsea fans showed what we could do against Barcelona. That was as good an atmosphere as can be generated anywhere in the world.

We could not have built this 50 home League games undefeated run without good support. But José is right, it has been below par in the last two sold out matches.

High expectations may have dimmed out noise at times. Last season, for the first time since the 1960s, the Old Trafford crowd performed outstandingly against us. Manchester United had become the underdogs. Expect that again in two weeks.

Before then, we host West Ham. We’ve had our pep talk from our manager. We’d better respond.

Carling Cup date announced

The date for the Carling Cup quarter-final tie away at Newcastle United has been set for Wednesday 20 December — kick-off 7.45pm.

The match at St James’ Park will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.