The Euro 2016 Thread

Chicog

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it wasn't the best but in fairness Turkey are quite a difficult side. Think we ended their 13 game unbeaten run

They are horrible to watch. All the diving and rolling around, and then as soon as Vardy scores they are up and at it.

I hate Turkish football, it's the worst.

I did a quick google too....

GMM scoops Euro 2016 rights in Thailand

05 August 2013 | Posted in Broadcast, Soccer, Europe, Asia, | By James Emmett

Thai broadcaster GMM Grammy has announced it has bought the rights to broadcast Uefa Euro 2016 in Thailand.

The broadcaster will show 51 games from the international soccer tournament, which will take place in France, on its satellite platform GMM Z.

"Obtaining the licence will stimulate viewing demand in the market as well as strengthen the company's wherewithal to compete and thus will help increase revenue and create added value to the company's satellite television business," said Premon Pinskul, chief financial officer at GMM Grammy.

Grammy had the rights to Euro 2012, and sublicensed them in Thailand to Channel 3, Channel 5 and Modernine TV.

But it's still unclear how/where GMM will show the Euros - ie whether on some existing GMM dedicated satellite channel that will cost most of us more money or on one of the few GMM channels that CTH runs which will cost no more money with an existing CTH subscription. I suspect the former. Seems to have been an extraordinary lack of publicity - this time 4 years ago the supermarkets wre full of those litle GMM boxes for sale and the dish guys had their work cut out running around puttjnv up dishes. TIT.

Confused about Wilshere playing this deeper role and then playing two less technical players in Drinkwater and Henderson in front of him. He may say to give us control of the ball deeper but then he passes it forward and you have two players who are not as good as him going forward receiving the ball closer to the goal.

Makes me think Wilshere is earmarked for that role and arguably the best English player in that role this year (Dier) wont be playing.

Anyone want to guess Woy's starting XI?

All Euro 2016 matches will be shown on Thai TV 3, Thai TV 3 SD and Thai TV 3 FAMILY

The group stage games are set for 02:00, 20:00 & 23:00 Thai time, would have thought the 20:00 time would conflict with the Thai soaps.

CTH still have the Football Euro HD channel.

All Euro 2016 matches will be shown on Thai TV 3, Thai TV 3 SD and Thai TV 3 FAMILY

The group stage games are set for 02:00, 20:00 & 23:00 Thai time, would have thought the 20:00 time would conflict with the Thai soaps.

I think you need to add another hour on to your stated times.

BBC UK Times state 20:00, 14:00 & 17:00 +6 BST. not sure why I need to add another hour.

BBC UK Times state 20:00, 14:00 & 17:00 +6 BST. not sure why I need to add another hour.

So the kick offs are as you stated the reason i mentioned was when i go on the UEFA website it tells me differently...... http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2016/matches/index.html#md/1

germany squad in full. still looks very strong.

Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc- André ter Stegen (Barcelona), Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen). Defence: Jérôme Boateng (Bayern Munich), Emre Can (Liverpool), Jonas Hector (Köln), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Shkodran Mustafi (Valencia), Antonio Rüdiger (AS Roma).

Midfield: Julian Draxler (Wolfsburg), Sami Khedira (uventus), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (Bayern München), Mesut Özil (Arsenal), Lukas Podolski (Galatasaray), Leroy Sané (FC Schalke 04), André Schürrle (Wolfsburg), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Manchester United), Julian Weigl (Borussia Dortmund).

Forwards: Mario Gómez (Besiktas), Mario Götze (Bayern Munich).

Archived