American Expat in Krabi Hangs Himself in Apparent Suicide

webfact

ex.jpg

KRABI – Deputy investigator Pol Capt Sanya Gaeonui of Mueang Krabi Provincial Police has reported that 65-year-old American English teacher William Patrick was found dead in his home from an apparent suicide.

Pol Capt Sanya Gaeonui said a medical examiner from Krabi Hospital and volunteers from Prachasuntisook Rescue Foundation, found Mr William lying on the ground at the back of his house with a nylon rope around his neck, that was attached to a window frame, the Thaiwrath reported.

The 38 year-old Thai wife, Wongduan Lunla, told police that she returned home from work at noon and found the body of William Patrick hung from a rope tied to a window frame.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/american-expat-in-krabi-hangs-himself-in-apparent-suicide.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-05-19

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has got to be the most stupid newspaper heading of all time

If HE hung HIMSELF of course it was a suicide.Duh!!!!!!

R.I.P.

Not stupid at all ! First you have to look at the options. Only the deceased knows what happened, and he ain,t talking :( This IS Thailand, and there is always the possibility, small as it may be, that he was rendered unconscious and then hung by person or persons unknown, and thereby hangs (excuse the pun) the doubt !

I've got to agree that it's a stupid headline. They didn't put the "apparent" qualifier in front of the hung himself, so we have to take it that that part is a fact. Once you've hung yourself, any intent other than suicide would be extremely remote, to say the least. Like maybe it's a game he plays with the neighbor and fully expected to be saved.

...gotta wonder what type of relationship they had.....I can guess....

...another one.....

...condolences to his real family and friends.....

...give all....get nothing back....game over....nothing to live for any more....

...nobody wants to wonder why....

...of course not.....

...'Next'.....

...such wonderful hosts......

This is Thailand - the facts are often a bit murky when they relate to Expat deaths (for all the reasons we know so well)

We have all heard about business men or distraught Expats jumping off buildings, Thai GF and her boyfriends/ husband or family being involved etc etc.

What we do know is another Expat has died.

RIP fella.

R.I.P.

If he hung himself or someone else hung him, he'd still be alive..

So, he hanged himself or someone else did the hanging..

R.I.P.

How do you know he hung himself?

Were you there?

People are murdered worldwide frequently and the criminals are staging suicides to avoid further investigation.

Don't be so negative.

R.I.P.

Michael Hutchence didn't attempt suicide, he just played a little game gone wrong!

RIP. Seems strange. You hear of expat men who are washed up in Thailand, no money, no hope, end of the road, so they suicide. However, William was an English teacher, so he had a career and salary. Perhaps his marriage was turning bad, wonder why he didn't just pack up and move away.

R.I.P.

Not stupid at all ! First you have to look at the options. Only the deceased knows what happened, and he ain,t talking sad.png This IS Thailand, and there is always the possibility, small as it may be, that he was rendered unconscious and then hung by person or persons unknown, and thereby hangs (excuse the pun) the doubt !

No, the headline was poorly worded. It should have said something like, "American Expat in Krabi Found Hanged in Apparent Suicide"

well as far as a thai wife, i would never marry one . like the look they give but , dont want that long term thing ill take european any time , i want to live long ,lol

You my not live any linger with a Eurp wife, but it will surely seem that way.

How could he hang himself if he was lying on the ground...???

Well, the article also says, "The 38 year-old Thai wife, Wongduan Lunla, told police that she returned home from work at noon and found the body of William Patrick hung from a rope tied to a window frame."

It's not a real stretch to think she may have cut him down, is it?

RIP. Seems strange. You hear of expat men who are washed up in Thailand, no money, no hope, end of the road, so they suicide. However, William was an English teacher, so he had a career and salary. Perhaps his marriage was turning bad, wonder why he didn't just pack up and move away.

Maybe he just realized that at 65, he was an NES teacher in Thailand.

Archived