Scary! Krabi kid lucky not be crushed as he falls from moving car

Jonathan Fairfield

Scary! Krabi kid lucky not be crushed as he falls from moving car

KRABI:-- A clip posted on social media caused a stir Thursday - it showed a young child aged about four falling from the back of a Toyota Fortuner as his mum took him to school.

The child fell onto the tarmac as mum negotiated a right turn. It was very fortunate that a car following was able to stop in time and avoid running over the boy, reported Sanook News.

The incident was caught on a dash cam of another vehicle waiting at lights at the Nok Insri intersection in Pak Nam, downtown Krabi. The owner of the footage said that the woman in the Fortuner rushed back and picked up her son without making a comment to people who came to assist him, hurrying back off to her car with the boy who was apparently only slightly hurt.

Shared by locals more than 4,400 times posters gave the parent a roasting for negligence saying she should have ensured that the door was locked.

Source: Sanook News

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-19

I'm sure the door was locked because it's automatic but opens with the latch. What about keeping the kid in the seat belt like a responsible parent ! Obviously not taking proper precautions and practicing safety with her child!

I know it has been mentioned before that child seats in Thailand attract a 'luxury tax', child safety obviously being considered a luxury in Thailand. However, I regularly see very wealthy families who do not bother to either buy car seats or insist that they are used. If this child had been in a car seat with the seat belt fastened this could not have happened.

My daughter is 3 years old and as soon as she gets into the car she immediately climbs into her car seat without being told, simply because it has always being enforced. When she was born I took her from the hospital in a baby carrier and strapped her into the car, the hospital nurses protested at this, in their eyes she should have been carried by her mother in the car, disgusting level of ignorance.

One message, if you do not strap your child into a car seat and they die in an accident, YOU HAVE MURDERED YOUR CHILD! Good luck to anyone who could live with that for the rest of their lives, I couldn't.

The mother is a disgrace.

I didn't see her break into a run after she got out of the vehicle. Nor did I see her check her kid for injuries before sweeping him up and returning to her car, presumably due to the shame she must gave felt in front of those folks looking on.

Praise is due to the unusually vigilant driver of the white car behind who could have made it much worse.

The mother should at least be charged with child endangerment.

As a Parent of 5 (now all grown) I had that happen to me. And I had belted the kids in. But kids being kids undo seatbelts and play with doors. So it may just be the case of a lucky escape for a mischievious kid

This and many other Thai mothers are a disgrace.The answer is that they simply do not know how to take care of their kids.Our standards are not their standards,and they couldnt care less.Here,mothers do not teach their daughters to be mothers.Not in the way we understand.

You only have to remember the post about the mother who thought that as long as the car seat was somewhere in the car,the child was safe.It could have been in the boot Look at the mothers who put 2 kids on a bike with her and the old man.Terribly dangerous,but they do it.Look at the mothers whose kids have died recently,being suffocated in locked cars.Kids that have drowned at the hands of a psychopathic 12 year old,because there was no mother's watching.Kids who have been raped and drugged recently,Where was the mother.I dont care what you say!if you love your kids,you know where they are 24/7.I wont even go on to mention the yaba taking,whiskey swilling dads that have got the kid off their hands by giving the mother full responsibility. Once sired,not long admired.

There is no responsibility regarding birth control on the macho male side in this country.The more kids you knock out,the more of a man you are.The more kids that die due to negligence by the parents,mai pen rai.it was meant to be.The spirits wanted her/him for themselves.He /she is in a better place now.

They take care of their F####ng angel dolls and luk threp dolls than they do their own kids.

Rant over,warning expected.

This and many other Thai mothers are a disgrace.The answer is that they simply do not know how to take care of their kids.Our standards are not their standards,and they couldnt care less.Here,mothers do not teach their daughters to be mothers.Not in the way we understand.

You only have to remember the post about the mother who thought that as long as the car seat was somewhere in the car,the child was safe.It could have been in the boot Look at the mothers who put 2 kids on a bike with her and the old man.Terribly dangerous,but they do it.Look at the mothers whose kids have died recently,being suffocated in locked cars.Kids that have drowned at the hands of a psychopathic 12 year old,because there was no mother's watching.Kids who have been raped and drugged recently,Where was the mother.I dont care what you say!if you love your kids,you know where they are 24/7.I wont even go on to mention the yaba taking,whiskey swilling dads that have got the kid off their hands by giving the mother full responsibility. Once sired,not long admired.

There is no responsibility regarding birth control on the macho male side in this country.The more kids you knock out,the more of a man you are.The more kids that die due to negligence by the parents,mai pen rai.it was meant to be.The spirits wanted her/him for themselves.He /she is in a better place now.

They take care of their F####ng angel dolls and luk threp dolls than they do their own kids.

Rant over,warning expected.

Do you feel better after that KKD ? I agree with you but I would need a chill pill if I wrote that .

Northernphil.

I feel a lot better thanx.I just get riled up when i read about children that have been hurt/killed/sexually abused,when its not necessary and with a bit of thought,by the parents,could have been easily avoided.My ex wife was like that, a complete thoughtless bitch.Thats why i got full custody care and control,with no visitation rights from her.And looked after them for 13 years on my own.Kids are very important,and should be protected,not put on the front line because of the stupidity of their mother's.

As for the chill pill,its a good idea.Now! where did i put my vallium?????

Mee wan dee.smile.png

Still, just another 5 years and he can drive himself to school.

coffee1.gif

Centuries of buffalo and cart to modern vehicles in one generation.

coffee1.gif

awh to live the life for a week on delos

Khon Kaen Dave's children will orobably be safer than most. However, if they listen to him too much they will turn out like him to be a Thai bashing, over the top annoyance with little perspective past their own narrow experience. Not giving children the opportunity for a wide and realistic perspective is another form of abuse.

Carter 1882,unless you have kids or have been through worry and all the tings that go with keeping kids safe and sound.

Then YOU KNOW NOTHING.How dare you presume to know me or my kids.That stupid post you just made makes you sound like a childless adolescent learning about what to say by listening to others.As for Thai bashing.It doesnt matter where you are from,if you are guilty of child negligence,then you need a bashing.

Oh! how long have you been here?'cos you sound like you have a lot to learn

Become a father and a parent,and then get back to me when you are older,more grown up and know a bit more about this country.(idiot)

Still, just another 5 years and he can drive himself to school.

coffee1.gif

Centuries of buffalo and cart to modern vehicles in one generation.

coffee1.gif

she actually drives real well, a lot better than many other thais.

she indicates before she turns, stays in the lane, does not cut corners (too much), does not tailgate, keeps a safe distance at the traffic light. and she is fully concentrate on the task - see her little hand relieving tension at some stage?

a telephone book or two would have improved her vision. and the seat belt on would have been good, too.

she will be a very good driver one day.

Carter 1882,unless you have kids or have been through worry and all the tings that go with keeping kids safe and sound.

Then YOU KNOW NOTHING.How dare you presume to know me or my kids.That stupid post you just made makes you sound like a childless adolescent learning about what to say by listening to others.As for Thai bashing.It doesnt matter where you are from,if you are guilty of child negligence,then you need a bashing.

Become a father and a parent,and then get back to me when you are older,more grown up and know a bit more about this country.(idiot)

as a father of 2 and a step father of 6:

while it is your obligation to keep them safe there appears little point in it as they will keep themselves 'unsafe' as soon as puberty sets in.

we all stuff up at times and i am sure the mother who lost her kid out of the back of the car in that video was 'cut - up' to the max after this incident.

i worried my self sick to the point of chucking up over the welfare of my children - but you can only do so much. and you can only do what you have been educated to do. if you don't get told how to do it right - how can you know?

on the other hand - perhaps the day will come when your selfish teenage kids will piss on you in a big way and you wish you'd let them fall out of your car many times over...

I know it has been mentioned before that child seats in Thailand attract a 'luxury tax', child safety obviously being considered a luxury in Thailand. However, I regularly see very wealthy families who do not bother to either buy car seats or insist that they are used. If this child had been in a car seat with the seat belt fastened this could not have happened.

My daughter is 3 years old and as soon as she gets into the car she immediately climbs into her car seat without being told, simply because it has always being enforced. When she was born I took her from the hospital in a baby carrier and strapped her into the car, the hospital nurses protested at this, in their eyes she should have been carried by her mother in the car, disgusting level of ignorance.

One message, if you do not strap your child into a car seat and they die in an accident, YOU HAVE MURDERED YOUR CHILD! Good luck to anyone who could live with that for the rest of their lives, I couldn't.

Same here... I had the car seat up in the hospital room on our day of departure. The nurses wanted to swaddle my Son on top of his baby-suit... which would not have worked with the car seat straps.

They looked at me as if I was doing something disastrous when I undid their swaddling and placed my son in the car-seat with just his baby-suit (baby-grow) and placing the swaddling blanket over him on top of the straps.

The ignorance here astonishes me at times.

as a father of 2 and a step father of 6:

while it is your obligation to keep them safe there appears little point in it as they will keep themselves 'unsafe' as soon as puberty sets in.

we all stuff up at times and i am sure the mother who lost her kid out of the back of the car in that video was 'cut - up' to the max after this incident.

i worried my self sick to the point of chucking up over the welfare of my children - but you can only do so much. and you can only do what you have been educated to do. if you don't get told how to do it right - how can you know?

on the other hand - perhaps the day will come when your selfish teenage kids will piss on you in a big way and you wish you'd let them fall out of your car many times over...

If a parent with a car has no idea of the existence of a Car-Child-Seat, then that is simple ignorance... I'd have to worry about the intelligence of such a person.. but I can't blame them for not knowing...

But really, would you suspect there are parent's in Thailand who have never even heard of a car seat ?....

I'm sure this mother was 'cut up to the max'.... but, do you think this child is now in a car-seat ? do you think the car-child-locks have been employed ? Of course, we can't answer that, but a good guess is that a parent who allows this to happen in the first place is perhaps less likely to learn from it.

Anyone travelling or living in under developed countries like most of South East Asia will know that this is just everyday life. The problem in Thailand is that western technology is mixed with third world thinking. Therefore we judge things from a western perspective which is not realistic.

As a Parent of 5 (now all grown) I had that happen to me. And I had belted the kids in. But kids being kids undo seatbelts and play with doors. So it may just be the case of a lucky escape for a mischievious kid

The answer is No it does not happen and the kid was not lucky If the child had been in a car seat and you had child proof locks it would never have happened

Quit blaming the kid You are the adult Shame on you

Archived