2016/17 Transfer News/Rumours

BangrakBob

Surprised that there aren't more rumors about City buying players being as they probably need half a team sad.png

Eh? City haven't been out of the media for months with all the rumours of the players Peps buying.

I did actually mean, rumours on this thread.

OOps there i go being pedantic again cheesy.gif

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press speculation that Oxlade-Chamberlain is being eyed by Leicester. Maybe they expect to lose Mahrez?

I suspect that, except for a very good price, Arsene will hang onto him for one more season to give him just one more chance to live up to his potential. He was patient with Walcott in his lack-of-final-ball-judgement phase. I don't think Leicester will be paying 'very good' prices; too much pressure to keep flying the hi-value/bargain flag?

^ Gotze has apparently sacked his agent and is quoted in German press as wanting to remain with BM....not good news for LFC or BVB!sad.png

Yeah, sacked his agent and is advising with family.

I would like to see or hear that quote. I really do not trust media and their reports. Sometimes I hear a press conference or something from the player and the media interprets something else into it.

For all I know, Goetze may have said something along these lines: "I still have another year contract with BM and want to fulfil it".

Nothing more and nothing less. But I can see the press twisting those words around to make it sound like he wants to stay at Bayern.

I hope he doesn't stay...what a waste of talent.

That's exactly what he is saying, just being a pro and making sure not to upset anyone. He won't be at BM next season.

More confirmation on FB today....sacked his manager and Carlos has had a word. He must be getting a new deal to stay though surely...Some turn around from being surplus and signing for BvB last week

Joey Barton signs forRangers

That will go down as well as when they signed El Hadji Diouf.

cheesy.gif

You know. If he doesn't do stupid things like getting sent off all the time. It could be a good signing. He was Burnleys player of the year last year.

^ Gotze has apparently sacked his agent and is quoted in German press as wanting to remain with BM....not good news for LFC or BVB!sad.png

Yeah, sacked his agent and is advising with family.

I would like to see or hear that quote. I really do not trust media and their reports. Sometimes I hear a press conference or something from the player and the media interprets something else into it.

For all I know, Goetze may have said something along these lines: "I still have another year contract with BM and want to fulfil it".

Nothing more and nothing less. But I can see the press twisting those words around to make it sound like he wants to stay at Bayern.

I hope he doesn't stay...what a waste of talent.

That's exactly what he is saying, just being a pro and making sure not to upset anyone. He won't be at BM next season.

More confirmation on FB today....sacked his manager and Carlos has had a word. He must be getting a new deal to stay though surely...Some turn around from being surplus and signing for BvB last week

another twist...

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/05/26/bayern-totally-confused-by-gotze-quotes-suggest-german-should-leave-e25m-liverpool-move-had-previously-been-agreed/

• 2 weeks later...

Would be in two minds over Vardy. Yes he's had a great season and is super clinical at putting the ball away from a variety of distances, whereas OllieG is 6 yard box man. But it is essentially one season - mostly played second fiddle to Ulloa in the last 15 months.

Good to see some intent on the CF front though - hope it isn't another Suarez 'release plus a quid' affair!

Joey Barton signs forRangers

That will go down as well as when they signed El Hadji Diouf.

cheesy.gif

You know. If he doesn't do stupid things like getting sent off all the time. It could be a good signing. He was Burnleys player of the year last year.

He can at least put his foot on the ball and, unlike Ray (the crab) Wilkins can pass the ball in a forward direction.

Potentially a good signing that can help stabilise the return to the top flight.

• 3 weeks later...

Come on boys you aren't being salacious enough.

TOP 11 TRANSFER STORIES

1-Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal to Manchester United

United are willing to bid for the £50 million valued Ramsey if their efforts to lure Henrikh Mkhitaryan fall through. (The Sun)

2-Paul Pogba - Juventus to Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid

Pogba's agent Mino Raiola claims Premier League clubs have 'fascinating' projects to offer his client, as Juventus claim they're yet to receive a Madrid bid. (The Sun)

3-Antonio Sanabria - Roma to Tottenham

Spurs have started talks with Roma for the striker's services, opening with a £11.5 million bid for the 20 year old. (Daily Mail)

4-Alexandre Lacazette - Lyon to West Ham, Tottenham

Despite Lacazette favouring a Champions League club, West Ham have tried another attempt to sign him with a £30 million bid. (West Ham)

5-Romelu Lukaku - Everton to Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich

Lukaku's agent Mino Raiola claims that no Italian club could afford him in Serie A, unless AC Milan's proposed takeover goes ahead. (ESPNFC)

6-Simone Zaza - Juventus to Wolfsburg, West Ham, Southampton, Everton

Wolfsburg have made a £20 million bid for the Juventus striker, as West Ham, Southampton and Everton are all monitoring the situation. (Daily Mail)

7-Joe Allen - Liverpool to Swansea, Sevilla

Swansea are keen on re-signing their former star, but face competition from Sevilla who were impressed with Allen's efforts in the Europa League final. (The Sun)

8-Nani - Fenerbahce to Everton, Valencia, Inter Milan

Ronald Koeman has enquired about the winger, who is currently the subject of bids from Valencia and Inter Milan. (Daily Mail)

9-Ben Chilwell - Leicester to Liverpool

Leicester have rejected Liverpool's £7 million bid for the left back, as they rate the 19 year old as being worth £10 million on the open market. (The Mirror)

10-Reece Oxford - West Ham to RB Leipzig, Newcastle

Bundesliga side have offered Oxford £20,000-a-week to move to Germany, as Newcastle are also interested in the 17 year old. (The Sun)

11-Eduardo Sasha - Internacional to Leicester

Leicester's bid of £7 million was rejected, as Internacional want around £9 million for the 24 year old. (The Mirror)

I told you it was all about getting him a pay rise.

biggrin.png

Leicester City have today (Thursday) agreed with the representatives of Jamie Vardy to extend the England international’s contract with the Premier League champions for a further four years. Both parties hope that this announcement will end recent speculation regarding Jamie’s future and confirm his long term commitment to Leicester City Football Club.

I would have thought Vardy owes it to himself and Leicester (club and fans) to stay a season and see if they can replicate the Premiership win in the coming season.

Doesn't mean his agent can't finagle him a pay rise with some well placed newspaper gossip though.

Good work.

Arsenal are a good pick for such agent strategising. Arsenal (ie Arsene) never comment on press rumours and Arsene goes on long froggie TV punditry escapades, which means the hacks cannot nail his feet to the flames in local press conferences

As I predicted:

I think Leicester have made a statement and Vardy will stay. We were on the case and interested, but not more than that.

But sounds like Wenger is playing some mind games of his own, given that we've already bought Xhaka....

It is very difficult to talk about [Kante] at the moment. Kante is on the list of many clubs. It is an area where we have many players.

We will see what happens in the next two or three weeks. It looks like Leicester have bought a player from Nice [Nampalys Mendy] with similar qualities to Kante, so whether they envisage to lose him or not I don’t know.

Sadio Mane will undergo a medical at Liverpool on Monday after they agreed a £30m fee with Southampton for the forward.

A deal to sign Mane could be completed by midweek, making him the fifth player from St Mary's to join Liverpool in the last three seasons.

Archived