Best Fried Chicken In Chiang Rai

Thaising

Best fried chicken store in chiang rai talat yai, this store start only in the evening and their freshly fried chicken taste better than kfc in big C.

Have any of you folks in chiang rai tried it or is there any other store that is good enough to give them a try.

Edited by Thaising

Coming from Maechan towards Chiang Rai on the Superhighway you pass after two kilometers the big police checkpoint. About five hundred meters further at your left after the curve you will see a little simple restaurant.

This place is famous for its chicken. They 'cook' it below earth with rice chaff.

It gets a very rich taste this way.

Sorry, I don't know the Thai name for it.

Limbo :o

since i am in bangkok at the moment, and wont be up to c. rai for a few weeks, i'm wondering if you locals could do me a favor?

could you hop over to KFC and get me the prices for a few menu items and also the prices of similar items at the market?

1 bucket extra crispy recipe............

1 bucket original style.......

1 bucket spicy recipe...

box of chicken nuggets/tenders

1 thigh piece extra crispy a la carte....

1 thigh piece original a la carte....

1 drumstick a la carte.....

1 drumstick spicy....

1 wing a la carte......

value meal number 1........

value meal number 2........

value meal number 3........

value meal number 4........

side of coleslaw...

side of mashed potatoes...

extra container of gravy....

french fries small....

coke small...

coke regular...

coke large....

french fries small...

french fries medium...

french fries large....

since i am in bangkok at the moment, and wont be up to c. rai for a few weeks, i'm wondering if you locals could do me a favor?

could you hop over to KFC and get me the prices for a few menu items and also the prices of similar items at the market?

1 bucket extra crispy recipe............

1 bucket original style.......

1 bucket spicy recipe...

box of chicken nuggets/tenders

1 thigh piece original a la carte....

1 drumstick a la carte.....

1 drumstick spicy....

1 wing a la carte......

value meal number 1........

value meal number 2........

value meal number 3........

value meal number 4........

side of coleslaw...

side of mashed potatoes...

extra container of gravy....

french fries small....

coke small...

coke regular...

coke large....

french fries small...

french fries medium...

french fries large....

For you buddafly, anything!

1 bucket extra crispy recipe............5

1 bucket original style.......5

1 bucket spicy recipe...5

box of chicken nuggets/tenders small 5 / large 5/ extra large 5

1 thigh piece extra crispy a la carte....5

1 thigh piece original a la carte....5

1 thigh piece extra crispy a la carte....5

1 drumstick a la carte.....5

1 drumstick spicy....5

1 wing a la carte......5

value meal number 1........5

value meal number 2........5

value meal number 3........5

value meal number 4........5

side of coleslaw...5

side of mashed potatoes...5

extra container of gravy....5

french fries small....5

coke small...5

coke regular...5

coke large....5

french fries small...5

french fries medium...5

french fries large....5

Buddafly,

I would suggest that you go with the large fries and the extra large nuggets as they are the same price as the small ones..

p.s dont worry about it, it was no hassle. In fact I am lucky that I only live in Paiyao and it was only a 45 minute drive for me. :o:D:D

I hope this helps

In The Rai!

Coming from Maechan towards Chiang Rai on the Superhighway you pass after two kilometers the big police checkpoint. About five hundred meters further at your left after the curve you will see a little simple restaurant.

This place is famous for its chicken. They 'cook' it below earth with rice chaff.

It gets a very rich taste this way.

Sorry, I don't know the Thai name for it.

Limbo :o

I have been there many times. The boss is a big fellow with a limp(as he told me he had a slight stroke).The chicken is placed over a beer bottle with liqiud seasoning inside then straw stacked around and lit up and a tin placed over the top. Absolutly beautiful. We always take many home for our family.

Anyone ever eat "en gai". It is breaded and fried chicken knees. Its like Thai style chicken mcnuggets.

Chownah

Yeh I really like them. They are great to nibble on when drinking beer "Gin gam beer"

In The Rai!

I have eaten chicken feet, but knees, there cant be much meat on a knee??? :o

Anyone ever eat "en gai". It is breaded and fried chicken knees. Its like Thai style chicken mcnuggets.

Chownah

Yeh I really like them. They are great to nibble on when drinking beer "Gin gam beer"

In The Rai!

What part of the chicken is the most expensive?....at Big C it is consistently the knees. Check it out over at the meat counter where they custom cut meats...they have a selection of esoteric chicken parts there and check the prices.

Chownah

• 2 weeks later...
Fried Chicken is not good for your health..wherever it comes from

I wish I had a nickel for every time that someone said this. Funny how we will all kick the mortal coil one day. ThaiPauly You only live once true?? Enjoy something on this planet once in a while. Don't have it for every meal though :o

This is located in front of the relocated clock tower. Don't go there on a Friday because they are not there. Best Fried chicken in Chiang Rai. My Kids attest to this.

Best fried chicken store in chiang rai talat yai, this store start only in the evening and their freshly fried chicken taste better than kfc in big C.

Have any of you folks in chiang rai tried it or is there any other store that is good enough to give them a try.

Other than Big C, you can also probably buy En Kai from the Saha Farm outlet off Pratu Chiang Mai (on the right handside going to Denha), just before reaching the Y junction that would take you to Dusit or the Golf Course (Tor Bor).

There are other shops near the main market where you can get En Kai, that's if you know how to mix it up with the locals.

Otherwise, you're better off at Big C.

Chownah

In The Rai!

What part of the chicken is the most expensive?....at Big C it is consistently the knees. Check it out over at the meat counter where they custom cut meats...they have a selection of esoteric chicken parts there and check the prices.

Chownah