New Water Park

JAG

A new water park has opened in Wiang Chai. It's called "Novaworld". It basically consists of a pool with three big water slides leading into it.

Very good for children, not much use for adults who want to swim for exercise.

It seems well supervised, plenty of attendants in and around the pool. A little bit pricey perhaps - ThB70 forchildren, ThB100 for adults.

No proper changing facilities as yet -they're still being built.

Little Miss JAG pronounced it "brilliant",Best Beloved said the Somtam was very good - something for everyone!

post-5630-0-36445200-1463794417_thumb.jp

Start from the 7/11 in the centre of the metropolis which is Wiang Chai. Head for Chiang Rai on route 1173. As you come out of the town their is a fork with a primary school on your right. Take the left fork (1173). Less than 1 km down the road, the main road bends fairly sharply left. On that bend there is a turn off to the right, the road dips down at the junction, there is a house under construction on your left. Turn left down the soi just after the house under construction. You will see a garishly painted blue and pink imitation windmill. That is the entrance to the waterpark. As you go in you will see a row of chalets to your right , the office etc is opposite them. I hope this helps.

If you understand these things ( i'm not sure that I do) its Google Maps co-ordinates are

19°53'01.8"N 99°55'00.1"E

Give or take the odd few metres - I am a bit of an area weapon!

Well bear in mind that as it has only been built in the last few weeks it will not physically show on Google Maps/ Google Earth.

I suppose that I could have said turn right after the Wat, but there are so many Wats on the road from Wiang Chai to Chiang Rai.....

Start from the 7/11 in the centre of the metropolis which is Wiang Chai. Head for Chiang Rai on route 1173. As you come out of the town their is a fork with a primary school on your right. Take the left fork (1173). Less than 1 km down the road, the main road bends fairly sharply left. On that bend there is a turn off to the right, the road dips down at the junction, there is a house under construction on your left. Turn left down the soi just after the house under construction. You will see a garishly painted blue and pink imitation windmill. That is the entrance to the waterpark. As you go in you will see a row of chalets to your right , the office etc is opposite them. I hope this helps.

If you understand these things ( i'm not sure that I do) its Google Maps co-ordinates are

19°53'01.8"N 99°55'00.1"E

Give or take the odd few metres - I am a bit of an area weapon!

Thankyou JAG. Put the coordinates into Google and gives me a location.

Archived