BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

New personal details form arrives at Phuket Immigration

Is this an anti terrorist measure? Or anti dodgy farang?

Probably both!

It's a pointless form probably created by a bureaucrat trying to score points or justify their job in the fight against transnational criminals, illegal workers and overstayers. It will make no difference to any of those problems.

They left out the most important questions which have a bearing on security-

1)what firearms do you own, when do you carry them (to what restaurants, workplaces and meetings)?

2)and address where firearms are stored,

3)what swords do you own and are they stored at home or under the front seat of your car?

4) what street drugs do you take (and who do you buy them from)?

Thailand: ‘Intrusive’ immigration form now mandatory for foreigners in Phuket

PHUKET: IF you are planning to visit Thailand’s resort province of Phuket, you will now be required to furnish a host of personal information, including banking account and social media details to the nation’s Immigration bureau.

Otherwise, failure to submit applications when entering the province will result in consequences, a Immigration official has warned.

Immigration Bureau’s crime suppression unit Deputy Commissioner Maj Gen Chachaval Vachirapaneegul said the details to be filled in the “Foreign National Information Form”, released last Monday, was now a mandatory requirement.

“If a foreigner doesn’t want to fill in their information by themselves, they will be questioned for our records anyway. If they don’t fill in the form, we will suspect their reason,” Chachaval was quoted as saying in Phuket News.

Full story: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/05/thailand-intrusive-immigration-phuket/

ASIAN Correspondent 2016-05-21

The report from "Asian Correspondent" is confusing in that it suggests that anyone visiting Phuket will be required to complete one of these forms

If this is true then chaos will engulf the Airport !

The Chinese have problems with the arrival card ...............smile.png

Punished under the penal code.

Given the typo's, misspelling and general poor translations on most documentation, signs, menus etc, I can only hope this really is the penal code and not something else more startling......

my local 7-11 and the noodle shop are all they will get.

Watching those left behind have to put up with this is going to be compulsive rubbernecking.

The report from "Asian Correspondent" is confusing in that it suggests that anyone visiting Phuket will be required to complete one of these forms

If this is true then chaos will engulf the Airport !

The Chinese have problems with the arrival card ...............smile.png

Flew in HKT yesterday and all was like usual. No form only the old immigration card.

Next step, DNA sample and fingerprints, then ankle bracelet and tattoo on the forehead with the serial number.

Soon it will be easier to get a visa and live happy in North Korea...the new land of smiles :P

All one needs to do is examine the world's history to see where this is going...

i am too dumb for that. can you help me, please?

Thailand: ‘Intrusive’ immigration form now mandatory for foreigners in Phuket

PHUKET: IF you are planning to visit Thailand’s resort province of Phuket, you will now be required to furnish a host of personal information, including banking account and social media details to the nation’s Immigration bureau.

Otherwise, failure to submit applications when entering the province will result in consequences, a Immigration official has warned.

Immigration Bureau’s crime suppression unit Deputy Commissioner Maj Gen Chachaval Vachirapaneegul said the details to be filled in the “Foreign National Information Form”, released last Monday, was now a mandatory requirement.

“If a foreigner doesn’t want to fill in their information by themselves, they will be questioned for our records anyway. If they don’t fill in the form, we will suspect their reason,” Chachaval was quoted as saying in Phuket News.

Full story: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/05/thailand-intrusive-immigration-phuket/

ASIAN Correspondent 2016-05-21

What a total load of <deleted>... rooster59 or whoever you are... Try reading what you are posting before you post this carp!

Mods.. You you are so quick to act normally...

I wanted to copy these new papers from the Immigration Office website to prepare my next visite in Chiangmai Immigration.

Nothing. But in Phuket they check it: International focus of Farang Mafia, Thai corruption and other bad instructed people.

It would be good to have a readable image of this form, please Thaivisa or anybody visiting Phuket immigration.

To me this seems perverse and simply arse about face to suppress crime find those who do not register with immigration, a number that will likely increase with the introduction of this form.

BTW dear General can you show us the secure storage for this information?

here you go .

attachicon.gifForeign National Information.pdf

Thanks for uploading that form. I will be boarding my spaceship shortly and lift off Mars for my several lightyears long trip to planet Earth/Thailand and thus have plenty of time to duly provide all the information required. An Alien from Mars.