New personal details form arrives at Phuket Immigration

rooster59

It would be good to have a readable image of this form, please Thaivisa or anybody visiting Phuket immigration.

To me this seems perverse and simply arse about face to suppress crime find those who do not register with immigration, a number that will likely increase with the introduction of this form.

BTW dear General can you show us the secure storage for this information?

here you go .

Foreign National Information.pdf

Thanks for that. Having seen it, I don't think it's a big deal, though it would be good to know what types of visas require the bank account info.

Obviously Retirement Visa (for one) if you are using the 800,000 baht in Thai Bank route.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very worrying esculation.

I'll give then email account names, bank account details, even my car details - they have all that already. I don't have facebook or line.

Next they will be demanding passwords - I'll be leaving Thailand then.

i dont have fb or line or whatever either..............lol. im a pre-historic caveman!

Good for you. I returned them blank and there was no issue.

Just enter minimal info. Enter info they have access to already, and one selected example for any other categories. You could even set up a funny email address, which forwards to your real address,vto catch any testing emails from them, but not use it for any other purpose. You have options. For places you frequent, quote one food superstore you use, your favourite restaurant, leave it at that. Take it easy folks. Play their game better than they do.

Strange that this is only required by Phuket Immigration and not by any other areas.
I read that's it will be required everywhere in Thailand ...

Where did you read that? I understood it to be a local initiative.

First reported last month as being required in Bangkok -->

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461064735&typecate=06&section=

Certainly not being done in BKK. I just renewed my visa, re-entry permit and 90 days. The only additional form I had to submit was an offical request to move my visa from my old passport to my new one.

Seems like there is conflicting information about whether it's a requirement in Bangkok, at CW anyway. Some teachers in my school did their annual extensions last week and were not asked to complete it.

Welcome to 1984. This is a most naive document that will do absolutely nothing to assist the authorities. I will not put in the names of my dead parents, only Mummy and Daddy. And in the bank account section I will use one of my accounts in another country as it does not stipulate it must be a local bank. And as for frequently visited places my local 7-11 and the noodle shop are all they will get. None of it is inaccurate, so what can they do.

No big deal here.They get your bank details at visa extension times. Plus your whereabouts at 90 day report times. Everyone I know has my email. I'm sure if they ask about where go it doesn't mean Joe's bar rather if you travel a lot. Far as I am concerned this is non issue. Try immigrating to Australia, The U S ,Canada. That is very hard by comparison.

Bank Details

I am intrigued by this

What visas require the provision of bank details?

Used to be a requirement for some visas for medical certificate and letter from the Thai bank.

Seems to have disappeared.

Never in 10 years in CM been asked for bank details for extension of Non O based on retirement

Welcome to 1984. This is a most naive document that will do absolutely nothing to assist the authorities. I will not put in the names of my dead parents, only Mummy and Daddy. And in the bank account section I will use one of my accounts in another country as it does not stipulate it must be a local bank. And as for frequently visited places my local 7-11 and the noodle shop are all they will get. None of it is inaccurate, so what can they do.

a not uncommon security question is about the names of ones parents even deceased. mothers maiden name especially. this is information the underworld values as it can try to gain access to bank accounts etc etc.

Never had to give my mothers maiden name to open a bank account. Parents names, mothers maiden name enable a more detailed security check. ie they can identify YOU. Don't give a hoot myself, numerous people have the information already.

to sheeple it may concern,

imo numerous people do NOT know our mothers maiden names. the ones that do would likely be relatives and unknown to those trying to gain access to that info

Thanks for the PDF.

Most of this information is already collected, so a waste of everybodies time.

Also very badly designed try writing any province longer than Surin in the province field, and I really don't know how I can fit Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor in the mothers name field.

My God, you must be my long lost brother!

And I'm another, because that's my mum's name as well.

Another posted stated, them wanting front and BACK of his amt card,,!? that REEEKS of nefarious purposes,, 1,, there's no need for the front,, let alone the security code on the back,,, years ago credit card companies told me never hand out your credit card to a waiter or such at a store, restaurant, etc,, as in handing it to them and letting them walk away with it out of your vision,,, as that was EXACTLY how your account would be compromised,, the waiter, etc would then sell that info,, they told me that was the most common way for your card to be compromised,, in fact they told me if a waiter or clerk ever turn your card over to look at the back to immediately contact their manager,, so with this new info they now know where Joe Farlang hangs out,, how much he has in his account etc, etc,, that's very very scary info for corrupt officials say a policeman to have, as they have been known to kidnap wealthy individuals and ransom them,, this pertinent info just narrows their field down to certain individuals,,, I mean why bother extorting someone who has little money, let's find someone who does,

a not uncommon security question is about the names of ones parents even deceased. mothers maiden name especially. this is information the underworld values as it can try to gain access to bank accounts etc etc.

Never had to give my mothers maiden name to open a bank account. Parents names, mothers maiden name enable a more detailed security check. ie they can identify YOU. Don't give a hoot myself, numerous people have the information already.

to sheeple it may concern,

imo numerous people do NOT know our mothers maiden names. the ones that do would likely be relatives and unknown to those trying to gain access to that info

I understand your point. I have had to give various amounts of personal information to people I do not know during my life. Before the internet who cared. After the internet who knows what has been transfered on there. I am personally quite happy that if I Google my name I don't appear. Still have no problem with Immigrations possible requirements.

No big deal here.They get your bank details at visa extension times. Plus your whereabouts at 90 day report times. Everyone I know has my email. I'm sure if they ask about where go it doesn't mean Joe's bar rather if you travel a lot. Far as I am concerned this is non issue. Try immigrating to Australia, The U S ,Canada. That is very hard by comparison.

Except we're not "immigrating" as we have only temporary visitor status.

We all understand the need for security etc., but those who are genuinely criminals/dangerous etc. are not going to provide any info. that will identify them as such!

Which is why the new form just makes so many of us non-criminal people worry about the ongoing trend to make our 90 day reports/extension of stays so much more difficult and ridiculous.

Just two comments; one, if you live in another country you abide by their rules or leave.

Two, I just wish they had similar rules in the UK, where long stay visitors seem to wander around anonymous and not always for the good of the Country. In these days of extremism and terrorism, it's hardly surprising that the Authorities, of whatever colour are taking a hard line with non-citizens.

There is always one lurking out there somewhere.

You just have to look at who the current government is cosying up to see where it's getting its ideas from. I saw the PM this week on television talking about anti-corruption and the need for everything in government and public life to be open and transparent. It then went right from that to a report on the governments ever closer links with Russia. I nearly dropped my can of Singha, I laughed so much. I guess he would consider it impolite to enquire where his new friends got all their money from considering that twenty five years ago no Russians were allowed to own anything! I guess that nice friendly ex KGB officer, Mr Putin has been giving him a few pointers on how to suppress the people and spy on them. Next thing you'll see is the Russian fleet moored up in Sattahip, you know just "a friendly visit" but ready to lend a hand if the "prols" get uppity!

I imagine criminal gangs already approaching Immigration employees for a (photo for cash) of the completed form.

Easy way to stalk and kidnap for extortion and ATM theft.

Don't worry, if what i have heard is true, there is already a new form on the making where a new compulsory field will ask you for your pin codes and passwords, so they will be able to keep under control the safety of our life lines, plus all the added benefits, think for example if you are far away from the nearest atm, and you would like to see your bank statement, any officer will be able to recall on memory every financial operations for you, etc..

Another posted stated, turn wanting front and BACK of his amt card,,!? that REEEKS of nefarious purposes,, 1,, there's no need for the front,, let alone the security code on the back,,, years ago credit card companies told me never hand out your credit card to a waiter or such at a store, restaurant, etc,, as that was EXACTLY how your account would be compromised,, the waiter, etc would then sell that info,, they told me that was the most common way for your card to be compromised,, in fact they told me if a waiter or clerk ever turn your card over to look at the back to immediately contact their manager,, so with this new info they now know where Joe Farlang hangs out,, how much he has in his account etc, etc,, that's very very scary info for corrupt officials say a policeman to have, as they have been known to kidnap wealthy individuals and ransom them,, this pertinent info just narrows their field down to certain individuals,,, I mean why bother extorting someone who has little money, let's find someone who does,

That was my post, and I agree,

I pointed out why this was not a good idea (from my POV), but the 'rules' change so regularly (and depending on the person involved) - I quickly realised it was a pointless discussion. Far better to just provide the photocopies and cancel the card.

Just two comments; one, if you live in another country you abide by their rules or leave.

Two, I just wish they had similar rules in the UK, where long stay visitors seem to wander around anonymous and not always for the good of the Country. In these days of extremism and terrorism, it's hardly surprising that the Authorities, of whatever colour are taking a hard line with non-citizens.

There is always one lurking out there somewhere.

Generally overpowered by paranoid people on the forum. Bank information, horror. What can be done with it? You give it away to numerous people. Coppies of front and back of a card I would have a problem.

I imagine criminal gangs already approaching Immigration employees for a (photo for cash) of the completed form.

Easy way to stalk and kidnap for extortion and ATM theft.

Don't worry, if what i have heard is true, there is already a new form on the making where a new compulsory field will ask you for your pin codes and passwords, so they will be able to keep under control the safety of our life lines, plus all the added benefits, think for example if you are far away from the nearest atm, and you would like to see your bank statement, any officer will be able to recall on memory every financial operations for you, etc..

Don't - just don't....

I was trying to buy something online and went through all the standard questions - and then it asked me for my pin no....

Another posted stated, turn wanting front and BACK of his amt card,,!? that REEEKS of nefarious purposes,, 1,, there's no need for the front,, let alone the security code on the back,,, years ago credit card companies told me never hand out your credit card to a waiter or such at a store, restaurant, etc,, as that was EXACTLY how your account would be compromised,, the waiter, etc would then sell that info,, they told me that was the most common way for your card to be compromised,, in fact they told me if a waiter or clerk ever turn your card over to look at the back to immediately contact their manager,, so with this new info they now know where Joe Farlang hangs out,, how much he has in his account etc, etc,, that's very very scary info for corrupt officials say a policeman to have, as they have been known to kidnap wealthy individuals and ransom them,, this pertinent info just narrows their field down to certain individuals,,, I mean why bother extorting someone who has little money, let's find someone who does,

I pointed out why this was not a good idea (from my POV), but the 'rules' change so regularly (and depending on the person involved) - I quickly realised it was a pointless discussion. Far better to just provide the photocopies and cancel the card.[/quot

I can't fathom for the life of me why they even would request info such as that other than to compromise an account or sell the info to someone willing to pay for it and there are thousands of them that are willing to pay for it,, the simple fact that they think that you would be willing to offer that personal info just baffles me

I pointed out why this was not a good idea (from my POV), but the 'rules' change so regularly (and depending on the person involved) - I quickly realised it was a pointless discussion. Far better to just provide the photocopies and cancel the card.[/quot

I can't fathom for the life of me why they even would request info such as that other than to compromise an account or sell the info to someone willing to pay for it and there are thousands of them that are willing to pay for it,, the simple fact that they think that you would be willing to offer that personal info just baffles me

Which office did it happen in?

I agree, which is why when I (eventually) got my passport back from the agent who was supposed to make my life easier (making a point because I told them I was going to cancel the card?) - I found another agent.

But the point is that the rules change so frequently and incomprehensibly - as shown by this latest form - that its impossible to know what is nefarious and what are just the latest, stupid rules.

Which office did it happen in?

You can't seriously think that I would say this online laugh.png - but I will send you a pm.

Nothing to get into a tizz about. Most of the information asked for is what we have to submit in order to get visas etc.

Only one bank account number is requested and the wording of the form implies this is the same one used to show enough money when applying for a visa or visa extension.

I wouldn't worry about telling them if you use Twitter, Line or any other social media. These outlets are already monitored by international as well as domestic intelligence agencies.

The same goes for email accounts and phones, as well as computers. One simply needs to exercise prudence.

As for the personal stuff about clubs, restaurants etc visited, I can only assume they would like this for market research purposes. I can't see anything sinister, let alone incriminating, in confessing that you shop regularly at 7\11 and relieve the stress caused byThai bureaucracy and red tape with an occasional rub-down at Bibi's Bubble Massage.

All one needs to do is examine the world's history to see where this is going...

Indeed. It's scary stuff. This form had been out at Bangkok immigration 90 day reporting for a while now.

I just did my 90 day report at Bangkok. NO extra forms to fill in.

Archived