What's the best thing you ever did since coming to stay in Thailand?

Well, what is it? It may have been getting married, not getting married, buying a house, not buying a house.

The best thing I ever did was becoming a member of Thaivisa, no matter what help you need, it is always there.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved from Koh Samui after six months to Chiang Mai where I have been living happily for over eighteen months. Social life is so much better. Farang expats are well educated and well travelled and very sociable.

Moved from Koh Samui after six months to Chiang Mai where I have been living happily for over eighteen months. Social life is so much better. Farang expats are well educated and well travelled and very sociable.

The vast majority of expats I have met here are sociable, though I can count the numbers in one hand how often I have been in Chaing Mai.

Learning the Thai language.

No doubt it is a massive undertaking and I'm still continuing to learn, but it has given me a different perspective on life and has allowed me to get to know many people with whom I wouldn't have been able to communicate otherwise.

The first best thing was coming to Thailand over ten years ago, then marrying my lovely Thai Wife and then from helping a Foundation build a new School for Special Needs Children. All these have made my life very fulfilled, plus building a small resort for my lovely Wife so she will have a comfortable income after I have gone, which hopefully will be quite a long time ahead. Me-quam-suk maak, maak.

Taking care of my TG while she battled cancer. Now in remission. She wanted to marry and for me to build a new house in Isan, but not for me. She is now married to a nice man and they live in Isan. It worked out perfectly for both of us.

Making the difficult decision to move elsewhere...sold the condos and car...gave away the bike and furniture...left with a backpack and a briefcase...

I have found life less stressful in an English speaking country...better food, healthcare, less hassles and people are less violent...

I gave up masturbation.

in exchange for celibacy or proper sex with a human being. or something else....

Some of the sex aint been proper I digress but the partner has always been human.

Your user name reminds me of one of my fav muso's. Till Lindemann. His Skills in Pills album rocks.

I particularly like this one.

Marrying into a Thai family 20 years ago with great kids, brothers and sisters -in law. As one gets older the pleasure from the extended family and their ever increasing offspring is something that can't be bought.

Archived