What's the best thing you ever did since coming to stay in Thailand?

I gave up masturbation.

in exchange for celibacy or proper sex with a human being. or something else....

Some of the sex aint been proper I digress but the partner has always been human.

Your user name reminds me of one of my fav muso's. Till Lindemann. His Skills in Pills album rocks.

I particularly like this one.

nice clip. so german. hate this, hate that...

but i am totally surprised 'they' let you post this here. it contravenes just about every rule applying to this forum.

by the way, my real name is neither manfred nor tillmann.

manfred is a name german people give to their children when they are either too stupid or too lazy to come up with something original.

and tillmann is what a puberty girlfriend of mine called her aborted fetus which she kept in a glass of alcohol on top of her wardrobe. umbilical cord and all!

perhaps till can do a clip on that one? with a few bbq scenes?

things i left behind............................

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making the difficult decision to move elsewhere...sold the condos and car...gave away the bike and furniture...left with a backpack and a briefcase...

I have found life less stressful in an English speaking country...better food, healthcare, less hassles and people are less violent...

less hassles and people are less violent....

You are obviously not talking about the UK.

My experience with Thai people is that they are mostly non confrontational.

English speaking countries where Muslims and criminals have not taken over...

Making the difficult decision to move elsewhere...sold the condos and car...gave away the bike and furniture...left with a backpack and a briefcase...

I have found life less stressful in an English speaking country...better food, healthcare, less hassles and people are less violent...

Vatican City ?

Vatican City ?

Can't be the Philippines because he mentioned "Better Food"

Nb... I love the Philippines (Not Angeles!) & have been dating a Filipina for 6 years, but the food isn't a patch on what you get in Thailand.

Try being from Canada or northern states! Thai tropical weather and heat is what got me started thinking about Thailand in the first place (all the other fringe benefits are just a bonus).

I hate winter, always have. Florida-style weather works for me just fine.

Try being from Canada or northern states! Thai tropical weather and heat is what got me started thinking about Thailand in the first place (all the other fringe benefits are just a bonus).

Exactly my point saying this is just about right. Loathe Winter with a passion too!

realize i can make 100 million baht as a digital nomad while still eating 30 baht soup.

who wants to see what i ate for breakfast?? vegan and gluten-free as i am elitist

??? No thx Mountain Man. Would rather see the vegan breakfast u will EAT tomorrow. Not the one u ATE this morning! ;-D

I came here for a three year work contract, then decided to stay and retire.

Best things are my wonderful wife, designing and building my own house, having a smallholding and having plenty of time to enjoy beers on the patio every evening.

Actually I don't think I could ever stay here full time.

I mean I'm not overly enamoured with our (relatively mild and short) S/W Aussie winter..., but I only need to visit S/E Asia for the 2 or 3 months to skirt that issue.., and then I get to go back to the climate, beauty, coherence and relative order of Australia.

Live here full time..., surely they are jesting ! wai.gif

I mean I'm not overly enamoured with our (relatively mild and short) S/W Aussie winter..., but I only need to visit S/E Asia for the 2 or 3 months to skirt that issue.., and then I get to go back to the climate, beauty, coherence and relative order of Australia.

Why????....Costs are way cheaper!

Guess it depends on where you live. thumbsup.gif

I live on the beach......It's perfect!

post-190189-0-28724600-1463976421_thumb.

post-190189-0-24023400-1463976486_thumb.

I came here for a three year work contract, then decided to stay and retire.

Best things are my wonderful wife, designing and building my own house, having a smallholding and having plenty of time to enjoy beers on the patio every evening.

Every evening????????

attachicon.gifPrivaterayong in day.jpg

attachicon.gifview studio.jpg

Both property's look like they have almost nothing to no furniture not even window curtains of some kind , both houses look like short time rental property's to me.

Care to share some more picks of the inside of your so called beach property?

Both property's look like they have almost nothing to no furniture not even window curtains of some kind , both houses look like short time rental property's to me.

Care to share some more picks of the inside of your so called beach property?

Well, coming from someone who has a negative attitude....

Sure!

post-190189-0-07949000-1463986555_thumb.

post-190189-0-07657000-1463988072_thumb.

post-190189-0-67477900-1463988123_thumb.

I'm guessing it's all relative to one's own experiences and value systems..., I actually live most of the year..., on my farm.., 'on' the coast. I jest you not.

Cost's may well be cheaper here in Thailand..., I mostly couldn't give a rats toss bag about money..., I do care for authentic quality and a comparatively unpolluted and pristine environment..., with might I add no walled in Mc mansions.

I'm guessing it's all relative to one's own experiences and value systems..., I actually live most of the year..., on my farm.., 'on' the coast. I jest you not.

Cost's may well be cheaper here in Thailand..., I mostly couldn't give a rats toss bag about money..., I do care for authentic quality and a comparatively unpolluted and pristine environment..., with might I add no walled in Mc mansion.

Jest or Not.....

Why come to Thailand at all?

Sexpat????

Archived