Beer Lao peng, wish there was a local alternative

Upcountry

I do enjoy Beer Lao, but one small bottle works about to more than a large Chang.

I read somewhere that people were home brewing in Thailand in defiance of a ban on this. But I don't know what came of that.

So, I have this fantasy that maybe some guys near Phitsanulok have some good HB going and can share somehow.

Now, this is not a request (that might be illegal), not even a "wish", just a fantasy that one of these kind souls would PM me to let me know they are willing to share somehow. ;-)

I'm tired of the limited beer options around here. ;-(

You pay for what you get.

In Plok at least you have the Tesco Extra and Tops to obtain some decent import beers from.

Exactly if he is unable to fork out a few baht for a drop of the Beer Lao, then no chance of any of these from Tops

post-1136-0-64714200-1463832358_thumb.jp

In Plok at least you have the Tesco Extra and Tops to obtain some decent import beers from.

Exactly if he is unable to fork out a few baht for a drop of the Beer Lao, then no chance of any of these from Tops

attachicon.gifIMG_0272.JPG

anyone who drinks paulaner, krombacher or erdinger should not engage in criticizing someone else's beer taste. that yeasty junk should not even be called 'beer'!

there is a laos market in that phanom every monday and thursday. laos people cart out stacks of 'western' goods by long boat. coca cola, fanta, nesquick... you name it. very little surveillance by authorities other than immigration. i am sure you can do a deal with someone to get you a pallet of your poison in exchange for something else. pm me if you need further info.

there is a laos market in that phanom every monday and thursday. laos people cart out stacks of 'western' goods by long boat. coca cola, fanta, nesquick... you name it. very little surveillance by authorities other than immigration. i am sure you can do a deal with someone to get you a pallet of your poison in exchange for something else. pm me if you need further info.

Is That Phanom anywhere near Phitsanulok ?

is phitsanulok anywhere near that phanom? i really don't know. perhaps google it. i know my way to my beer fridge...

is phitsanulok anywhere near that phanom? i really don't know. perhaps google it. i know my way to my beer fridge...

You told the OP there is a Laos market at That Pahnom and he lives in Phitsanulok,totally useless information.

anyone who drinks paulaner, krombacher or erdinger should not engage in criticizing someone else's beer taste. that yeasty junk should not even be called 'beer'!

I purchased 1 of each as a sample and was not very impressed but nothing ventured nothing gained.

My favorite is not available in Thailand but I was informed it may be available this year.

post-1136-0-86217300-1463835345_thumb.jp

You told the OP there is a Laos market at That Pahnom and he lives in Phitsanulok,totally useless information.

i do not know my way around thailand and i still have no idea where phitsanulok is but as a matter of economics by scale buying 2 or3 pallets of his favorite beer at laos prices might make a trip from where ever worth while. i once traveled 1640km return for a kg of smoked ham...

there is no such thing as useless information given how many other people read this forum.

i do not know my way around thailand and i still have no idea where phitsanulok is but as a matter of economics by scale buying 2 or3 pallets of his favorite beer at laos prices might make a trip from where ever worth while. i once traveled 1640km return for a kg of smoked ham...

there is no such thing as useless information given how many other people read this forum.

The OP is bemoaning the price of one bottle of Beer Laos in relation to Beer Chang I seriously doubt he's about to ship a couple of pallets of the stuff several hundred kilometres across Thailand.

I purchased 1 of each as a sample and was not very impressed but nothing ventured nothing gained.

My favorite is not available in Thailand but I was informed it may be available this year.

attachicon.gifwQDoHma_1024x1024.jpg

each to their own. i do prefer the sharp and short northern pilsner like jever, becks, holsten, flensburger or their dutch equivalents, grolsch, heineken, hollandia.

lucky for us there are so many alternatives.

This OP is just fed up with the poor choices and high prices for beer in this paradise.

Also fed up with trolls.

The ads for shipping expensive imports that I see is what finally prompted me to express my frustration. ;-(

This OP is just fed up with the poor choices and high prices for beer in this paradise.

Also fed up with trolls.

The ads for shipping expensive imports that I see is what finally prompted me to express my frustration. ;-(

i do not intend to milk this, ok. i have no idea what your fav beer costs in laos but it is bound to be cheaper than in thailand. i was just offering a different and perhaps unknown aspect to your predicament. yes, obviously, now that i have been told that you live a long way away there are logistical problems but it all boils down to scale. if you can secure a box of your stuff for thb300 instead of thb 700 than purchasing 3 pallets will more than compensate for transport expenses.

i also do resent paying thb 800 for a box of thai brewed heineken given that i can buy the same quantity of beer in the netherlands for 25% of that sum.

but 'them is the brakes' - as they say in australia.

cheers beer have a new dark beer out, only 5% though but not bad and Red horse is good at 6% both 49 baht

No offence intended, are you a TEFLr type, both of those beers are disgusting, not fit for human consumption, no wonder the Somchais drink Lao Khao..

Red Horse, LOL. More like Horse Piss.

Two of the cheapest beers I have ever seen, even the motorcycle taxi drivers wont drink it.

cheers beer have a new dark beer out, only 5% though but not bad and Red horse is good at 6% both 49 baht

No offence intended, are you a TEFLr type, both of those beers are disgusting, not fit for human consumption, no wonder the Somchais drink Lao Khao..

Two of the cheapest beers I have ever seen, even the motorcycle taxi drivers wont drink it.

So you have tried the Cheers Riceberry selection then, that's only just been released? it and red horse are from the San Miguel Brewery. The op was asking for a decent local alternative to Beer lao and that is it, he is not some beer snob interested in wasting money on imports. I would stick to music threads if I were you, trolling is not really your thing is it.

So you have tried the Cheers Riceberry selection then, that's only just been released? it and red horse are from the San Miguel Brewery. The op was asking for a decent local alternative to Beer lao and that is it, he is not some beer snob interested in wasting money on imports. I would stick to music threads if I were you, trolling is not really your thing is it.

I doubt that Heineken will have their Cheers beer brewed by the San Miguel brewery.

When a poster equals taste of beer to the alcohol content, then I've heard it all.

But regarding the Cheers Riceberry... this is the most disgusting brew ever. I know riceberry is supposed to be good for you but how did this horrible stuff ever leave the factory and who is actually buying it? If it wasn't so expensive I would have put it right in the sink (was more or less drinkable with the right amount of coke in it).

Archived