BANGKOK 21 March 2019 04:19
Sign in to follow this  
aussiecollin

Surin Nightlife

I have been to Surin a number of times, but apart from the Farang Connection....which is a bit, err, tame, where can I go for some good ol' night life?

The 'Connection' has great food, but I fancy eating something for desert.

I have been to Surin a number of times, but apart from the Farang Connection....which is a bit, err, tame, where can I go for some good ol' night life?

The 'Connection' has great food, but I fancy eating something for desert.

We got apple pie if that's what you had in mind. :o Soi kola does serve up a decent size helping of minge pie so I've heard. There are people that say, you can have as good a time in Surin as anywhere in Thailand. You'll probablt hear from them on this thread later.

apart from the Farang Connection....which is a bit, err, tame

You just have to show up when the youngsters (below) are around;

54_1.JPG

54_1.JPG

Where did you get that picture of York(y)ie in his youth from?

54_1.JPG

Where did you get that picture of York(y)ie in his youth from?

I was just looking through the pictorial Pub Life in the Time Of Edward VII and there he was...

My observations over the past few years are:

The fishbowl in Tong Tarin is a bit expensive.

The KOK in Patchakan (spellling?) is, well, not too bad.

The quality of massage opposite the farang Connection is about 7 out of 10.

The quality of massage next door to Farang Connection is 5 out of 10, but the price is crazy (Baht2000 1 hour!!).

There are very nice elephants around November.

Martin's dogs look a bit savage.

Martin looks very savage, but hard to guess as he never keeps still long anough to judge. (pommy sindrome)

I will try Kola this coming trip. A take away for desert....price levels?

Thanks for your inputs guys (oops, sorry, pun not intended)

Colin

Thanks to Colin for his observations. As an occasional visitor to Surin, who likes to take a walk around the bars, I was hoping the locals might have chipped in with some tips. I don’t have the depth of local knowledge that Martin’s regulars would have, but my impressions are as follows. Surin’s main entertainment area is Soi Kola near the Thong Tarin Hotel. Here there is a Speed disco to go with the ones in Buriram and Korat, and a number of restaurants or drinking places. This Soi is home to the city’s only go-go bar, the Hard Rock Bar, a Thai-style establishment that doesn’t bear much resemblance to those in Bangkok and Pattaya. If you want the company of one of the hostesses, you must pay by the hour. There are a few other karaoke and girlie bars, which means that you could spend an evening exploring around this soi. Soi Kola doesn’t really warm up until late and in my opinion isn’t as good as similar areas in some other Isaan cities. The café in the car park of the nearby Thong Tarin has some nice singers, but is big and less intimate than the kind of cafes I like. There are a few Thai-style bars in the adjoining streets, but generally you can walk a long way in other parts of the city without finding any good bars. I've had a couple of good evenings in the café at the Memorial Hotel, where the ‘nak rong’ are friendly and willing to talk to customers (some even speak English). Probably some of these work the odd shift in the fishbowl behind the back car park. There is another okay cafe at the Petchkasem Hotel. Sometimes in a city one finds an interesting watering hole off the beaten track (I liked ‘Suan Ahaan Sai Tung’ in Buriram), but I didn’t manage to find anything in Surin.

Thanks to Colin for his observations. As an occasional visitor to Surin, who likes to take a walk around the bars, I was hoping the locals might have chipped in with some tips.

Apart from most of the locals being happily married, and don't get up to the antics of Pattyaites or Bangkokites, the ones that do drink, come here, get sh1t-faced ,then go home. There are more beautiful girls per square meter, in Surin, than most other towns I've been to, but unfortunately for some visitors, they need to be chatted up by conventional means, not have a wad of money thrust in their faces and be expected to jump into bed. That in it'self puts a lot off.

And of course there is no moral boosting " Hallooo handsome man. Come inside. Sit down pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze"

Our maidens, if they could speak English, would probably say " Piss off you ugly,fat bastid"

But for you Colin, I'll see what I can do :o After all, you don't fall into the above catogary.

My observations over the past few years are:

The quality of massage next door to Farang Connection is 5 out of 10, but the price is crazy (Baht2000 1 hour!!).

The price is Bht 200 - 300 for two hours.

Sometimes in a city one finds an interesting watering hole off the beaten track (I liked ‘Suan Ahaan Sai Tung’ in Buriram), but I didn’t manage to find anything in Surin.

There are a number of 'sing-a-song' bars on the outskirts of Surin. A few on the Buriram road as you enter Surin boundary. However, our favourite is close to the elephant stadium/airport. Some pictures here:

http://gallery.thaivista.net/thumbnails.php?album=5

• Like 1

Apart from most of the locals being happily married, and don't get up to the antics of Pattyaites or Bangkokites, the ones that do drink, come here, get sh1t-faced ,then go home. There are more beautiful girls per square meter, in Surin, than most other towns I've been to, but unfortunately for some visitors, they need to be chatted up by conventional means, .

Hey.....again. Nice to be back. :D Very well said Martin. My loverly wife will be all the more happier me being in the Farang Connection, after I show her that. :o

Nothing wrong with the Farang Connection Colin my dear. I'm waiting for you.

post-27891-1163310959.jpeg

put your clothes back on Shady

Nothing wrong with the Farang Connection Colin my dear. I'm waiting for you.

post-27891-1163310959.jpeg

False advertising that !

totster :o