BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
aussiecollin

Surin Nightlife

I am again visiting Surin (Novemebr 7 for about 10 days) as a stage 5 discovery tour.

If anyone would care to accompany me on a night safari to explore nocturnal (errr) missions, :o

drop me a line.

I am again visiting Surin (Novemebr 7 for about 10 days) as a stage 5 discovery tour.

If anyone would care to accompany me on a night safari to explore nocturnal (errr) missions, :D

drop me a line.

Right..yer on :o:bah::D:D:bah::D

Going back to Yorkie's sing-a-song bars (Thai-style cafes?), is he willing to disclose where these are? Earlier in the thread Jayenram mentioned some on the Buriram road and one near the elephant stadium. Are Yorkie's the same or different ones?

Edited by citizen33

I don't no how far you will get with mine host from the FC, although I hear he is out on the lash again. No doubt I'll have him following me about when I get back.

As for (yorkie), Jayenrams bars some of them are little kantrum bars in the middle of nowhere, not easily found unless you no the area.

However, I think you will find enough entertainment in town to keep you happy.

You could always ask canadian mike who is there now, he will show you the gutters of surin. Some real dark and dingy houses of ill-repute.

Sorry I can't show you as I am stuck in the UK at the moment working. But I'm sure some of my good mates will show you round. George from australia might be there too, although I'm not sure about that at the moment.

Anyway, have a good time........

John.....

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention.

Here is a famous thai saying translated to english for you.

If you go to surin you need to drink whiskey, if you don't drink whiskey you look like a dog in surin!

Perhaps if you bump into a good friend of mine (bristol David). He might translate it into thai for you. Or perhaps canadian Mike might no it.

I could do it for you in english phonetics but it might not come through with our different accents.

Cheers

John

Edited by johnsurin

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention.

Here is a famous thai saying translated to english for you.

If you go to surin you need to drink whiskey, if you don't drink whiskey you look like a dog in surin!

Perhaps if you bump into a good friend of mine (bristol David). He might translate it into thai for you. Or perhaps canadian Mike might no it.

I could do it for you in english phonetics but it might not come through with our different accents.

Cheers

John

Or Kevin into Hungarian & York(y)ie, into Mongolian.

Going back to Yorkie's sing-a-song bars (Thai-style cafes?), is he willing to disclose where these are? Earlier in the thread Jayenram mentioned some on the Buriram road and one near the elephant stadium. Are Yorkie's the same or different ones?

The ones on the Buriram road are quite easy to find. Just drive slowly, look out for the "fairy lights" and listen for the tuneless "singing".

The one where Yorkie's pictures were taken is the one by the elephant stadium. Not easy to find if you're new to the town but I'm sure Yorkie will give you a guided tour for the price of a pint. I could point it out on a map but we don't want every Tom, Dick and Collin there. :o:D

Sometimes in a city one finds an interesting watering hole off the beaten track (I liked ‘Suan Ahaan Sai Tung’ in Buriram), but I didn’t manage to find anything in Surin.

There are a number of 'sing-a-song' bars on the outskirts of Surin. A few on the Buriram road as you enter Surin boundary. However, our favourite is close to the elephant stadium/airport. Some pictures here:

http://gallery.thaivista.net/thumbnails.php?album=5

The snooker referees looked okay :o

Sometimes in a city one finds an interesting watering hole off the beaten track (I liked ‘Suan Ahaan Sai Tung’ in Buriram), but I didn’t manage to find anything in Surin.

There are a number of 'sing-a-song' bars on the outskirts of Surin. A few on the Buriram road as you enter Surin boundary. However, our favourite is close to the elephant stadium/airport. Some pictures here:

http://gallery.thaivista.net/thumbnails.php?album=5

The snooker referees looked okay :D

Watch out for the sharks though........

post-36093-1190397166_thumb.jpg

Couldn't resist it :o:D:D

:D

John.....

I am not asleep! I am meditating to relax for my next shot.

A trip to the Shing-a-Shong for the price of a pint? Sounds goos to me!

Well I thought I had a good night after the BBQ, but seeing the info from CENT I need an excuse for another night out purely and simple for Documentary purposes of course

Well I thought I had a good night after the BBQ, but seeing the info from CENT I need an excuse for another night out purely and simple for Documentary purposes of course

I'll join you Mac! :o After the last fiasco....

I'll join you Mac! :o After the last fiasco....

Your on mate whenever, now let me look in my book of excuses lol