Surin Nightlife

aussiecollin

And, i'm not really interested in going to Farang Connection, thanks for that suggestion anyway.

Alright, hope i'll enjoy the surin trip.

Thanks.

I was only joking about the Farang Connection.

The people there are the most helpfull people you could ever wish to meet. And the portly fellow is a just a great big ball of fun. Even more so now that he is back on the drink (so I hear). I can't wait to see that for myself. :o

However I'm sure you'll have a great night in Speed and if you buy have or buy a cheap disposable camera any thai person would be happy to take your photos, all you need to say is...... tai roup hai noi kha.= Can you take a photo for me please.

Hope you have a good time.

John...

Edited by johnsurin

And the portly fellow is a just a great big ball of fun. Even more so now that he is back on the drink (so I hear). I can't wait to see that for myself.

John...

Sorry mate, back on the wagon....................................................and I'm not fat or portly, just pleasantly plump (ish)

Congrats mate, blooming good on ya well done

• 4 years later...

This thread is kinda old and I'm looking to visit Surin for the first time soon.

Any updates appreciated. Also can you get a cheap room for 500-700 baht?

Edit. My post was about a guy I was recommending you talk to that was The Surin Guru. I called another friend to get his pub's number and he informed me that he has since passed away.

Edited by Koratpat

You need to visit a local forum, but links to these are not permitted on TV (something I've always thought shouldn't really be a problem as there is a nice division of labour rather than competition). Anyway if you google 'Surin nightlife' the first entry that comes up is the relevant section from the Surin forum. I think much of the material originally came from Martin Knapp, the deceased landlord of the Farang Connection mentioned above (and former TV Isaan forum sponsor), but it looks as though somebody has made some updates. I haven't been to Surin for a couple of years but it seems that Soi Kola is still there and that there are a couple of newer farang bars.

In retrospect the 'God's waiting room' remark in the thread wasn't so far from the truth: perhaps a cautionary lesson to all of us.

Edited by citizen33