Japanese man dies after being hit by train while taking selfie on Death Railway

rooster59

If the train operator had time to sound the whistle, several times, why didn't he swerve around the guy taking photos of himself?

Afterall, as everyone should know, you are obligated to give way to those who are ignoring everything going on around themselves and playing with their telephones.

Pray tell, when was the last time you saw a train that was able to swerve. Now, if it is true, that the train only travels at 10 kph whilst crossing the bridge, then why did the driver continue. If he had time to blow the horn three times, then why diddn't he stop. If the circumstances are as given, then the driver may have some questions to answer.

Please read EVERY reply to this thread, again. In particular, reread those that I have written. Then, take your right hand and slap yourself on the forehead. Very, very hard!

If you have to delve in the world of sarcasm to get a point across, then maybe you should follow the many words of wisdom you have uttered, then, as to cannot see a little coming back at you, I would suggest you take you hand off it, as you are working overtime in your responses.

You have shown your true intellect by initially responding to a sarcastic comment only to open your mouth wider to insert the other foot in a second reply.

Intelligent readers view sarcastic comments, have a chuckle to themselves (if they find it amusing) and move on. Those, that have insecurity issues attempt to jump all over sarcastic comments, thinking they are posted by someone with low intellect, in a vain attempt to show how intelligent they are.

The idiocy of the person in the OP article, taking a selfie while standing on train tracks, is a sad reflection of the way technology is dumbing down some people and creating a mob of self absorbed morons.

Once again, come in Spinner! Have a nice day.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have to delve in the world of sarcasm to get a point across, then maybe you should follow the many words of wisdom you have uttered, then, as to cannot see a little coming back at you, I would suggest you take you hand off it, as you are working overtime in your responses.You have shown your true intellect by initially responding to a sarcastic comment only to open your mouth wider to insert the other foot in a second reply.

Intelligent readers view sarcastic comments, have a chuckle to themselves (if they find it amusing) and move on. Those, that have insecurity issues attempt to jump all over sarcastic comments, thinking they are posted by someone with low intellect, in a vain attempt to show how intelligent they are.

The idiocy of the person in the OP article, taking a selfie while standing on train tracks, is a sad reflection of the way technology is dumbing down some people and creating a mob of self absorbed morons.

Once again, come in Spinner! Have a nice day.

The initial post was about a Japanese man being hit by a train, which did not call for any form of racist remarks, hate speech or sarcasm, so if one gives back a little sarcasm when responding, which according to you they have no right to, they are showing their true (low) intellect; has put the second foot in; obviously not an intelligent reader and has insecurity issues. Given this response I see you are someone with an obnoxiously determined advancement of your own personality, wishes and views

Must be sad when one takes it to heart, after a nerve has been hit, by getting personal that he has to resort to insults in an attempt to show how intellectually superior he thinks he is. You have even gone lower than some by painting a picture of a certain group and then lumping this man in with the description you provided. And sorry, you are the last person who could successfully dupe me.

Should Pearl Harbour be on alert next?

'Been there. 'Done that. Cancel the alert. The Japanese have been treating the Arizona Memorial like a circus attraction as well for years.

Well, I'm sure some racist bastard has said some ignorant shit like:

"Look at all these Japs, all proud of what they accomplished"

Most, if not all, not even born on Dec, 7th, 1941.. Or even born in Japan..

Those brilliant minds, that can come up with "poetic justice" for an accidental death of a Japanese person, to somehow connect their death, to what happened years before they were even born, is "amazingly" STUPID!

'Been there. 'Done that. Cancel the alert. The Japanese have been treating the Arizona Memorial like a circus attraction as well for years.

Those brilliant minds, that can come up with "poetic justice" for an accidental death of a Japanese person, to somehow connect their death, to what happened years before they were even born, is "amazingly" STUPID!

We had nothing to do with his death either. So if that's your criteria for caring, why should we care?

Don't make up crap. If you've heard someone actually say that, go ahead and tell us about it. Yeah, I know. It's all you've got. Lame. But if it happened, is it any more racist than the laughing and scratching going on at what are essentially war memorials? Suppose I were to behave that way at the yasukuni shrine where they've enshrined their monster war criminals?

AND FYI, the Japanese did not "accomplish" the "death railway". Over 60,000 Allied POWs and more than 180,000 southeast Asian civilian laborers did, starved, brutalized and worked to death by Japanese monsters to do it. And that was just on the Burma Railway!

We had nothing to do with his death either. So if that's your criteria for caring, why should we care?

Don't make up crap. If you've heard someone actually say that, go ahead and tell us about it. Yeah, I know. It's all you've got. Lame. But if it happened, is it any more racist than the laughing and scratching going on at what are essentially war memorials? Suppose I were to behave that way at the yasukuni shrine where they've enshrined their monster war criminals?

AND FYI, the Japanese did not "accomplish" the "death railway". Over 60,000 Allied POWs and more than 180,000 southeast Asian civilian laborers did, starved, brutalized and worked to death by Japanese monsters to do it. And that was just on the Burma Railway!

Who said you had anything to do with his death?

Not making crap up.. I said "I'm sure"...

You can act like yourself at Yasukuni Shrine...

Why would I care? I'm not Japanese..

I also didn't say the Japanese accomplished building anything..

If your replying to my comment, sober up and read it again..

WW2 like all wars was very, very profitable for the usual gaggle of rich, very few of which would have seen any danger or had their families on the front lines.

Seems Japan might have been nudged to war, but once it started acted in a brutal & barbarous manner, nor do their history books even acknowledge it. As some pointed out the victors write history as they wish, and seems the allies also had their moments of butchering & sadism.

Not wishing to belittle anyone's death, but there is irony to a Japanese being killed taking a selfie on his forebears death railway where so many were worked & starved to death.

If the dead from that era could communicate doubt they would be amused at Japanese taking selfies at a war crime locale.

Archived