60 day extension, (thai child) on visa exempt?

Hi

Is it possible for me to get a 60 day extension on a visa exempt stamp for the purpose of visiting my Thai child? (I am from the UK)

He was born 2 weeks ago and I am on the birth certificate but not married to the mother. We are all living up near Roi Et.

I was planning on going to Penang to get a 1 year multi entry but looking at previous posts they have changed the requirements.

I don't really fancy taking a 2 week old baby over to the Thai consulate in Savannakhet just yet.

Thanks

Yes but they usually require the child to be present at the application.

• Original birth certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of the child's Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe a TM30 completed by the owner/house-master of the address you live at.
  • 1,900 baht.

You can get the 60 day extension. You will apply for it it at the Amnat Charon immigration office if you living in Roi Et province.

You probably will need to take the baby with you. You will need the birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

Thank you. I have all of the above documents ready. We were planning to all go tomorrow (1 week early), I hope it is not too soon for extension.

What would be my best visa to get after I get the extension? I am idially looking to get 1 year multi if possible. I am 35 years old so under retirement age.

Thanks again..

You can do it tomorrow.

A multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai is your best choice.

If you legitimized your parenthood you could apply for a one year extension at immigration if you can meet the financial requirements.

Thank you. I have all of the above documents ready. We were planning to all go tomorrow (1 week early), I hope it is not too soon for extension.

What would be my best visa to get after I get the extension? I am idially looking to get 1 year multi if possible. I am 35 years old so under retirement age.

Thanks again..

• 1 week should be no problem.
  • If you're living here the best option would be to get a single entry non 'O' (no financials required) followed by a 1 year extension of stay. You would need 400K in the bank on the day you apply for the extension OR a certified income of 45K pm and be registered as the legal father.
  • I believe it is still possible to get a multiple entry non 'O' as a parent from Savannakhet, with your child and the mother present, and without financial proof. It looks like Penang will only grant a multiple entry with 400K in the bank.
  • Single entry non 'O's are easy to get. You could extend the 90 stay by 60 days which would mean a new visa required every 5 months.